NEWS Ben Ikin appointed Head of Football

I just love the line from Chris Johns about Kev being disrespected.
Mate, a rookie coach who said we would make the finals has not only got us running last but we are a rabble.
Who is disrespecting who here ? You got your way, the guy was appointed, when no other club would touch him despite him applying for every head coaching gig that had come up in the past five years, he now reckons there has been a five year slide at the Broncos before he arrived (funnily enough that bit was missing from his narrative when he got the job), and you have the hide to say he is being disrespected ?
Is there any performance, no matter how poor, which should see him accountable ? If so, what is it ? You can stick the "We'll win a premiership within 4 years" line he started trotting out on the weekend where it belongs.
Four years of this rubbish is certainly disrespectful ... to the club, the fans, the players, the sponsors, ... everyone but Kev and the (self described) old boys.
As Corey Parker said earlier this year, who are these old boys exactly ? Just Kev's mates ?
Disrespected. Please.

I just love the line from Chris Johns about Kev being disrespected.
Mate, a rookie coach who said we would make the finals has not only got us running last but we are a rabble.
Who is disrespecting who here ? You got your way, the guy was appointed, when no other club would touch him despite him applying for every head coaching gig that had come up in the past five years, he now reckons there has been a five year slide at the Broncos before he arrived (funnily enough that bit was missing from his narrative when he got the job), and you have the hide to say he is being disrespected ?
Is there any performance, no matter how poor, which should see him accountable ? If so, what is it ? You can stick the "We'll win a premiership within 4 years" line he started trotting out on the weekend where it belongs.
Four years of this rubbish is certainly disrespectful ... to the club, the fans, the players, the sponsors, ... everyone but Kev and the (self described) old boys.
As Corey Parker said earlier this year, who are these old boys exactly ? Just Kev's mates ?
Disrespected. Please.
This is pretty disrespectful coming from Kev’s mate the Coach Whisperer.

You've even cropped him out of the photo!

@BroncsFan AND @Broncs_Fan
Episode 1 Mind Blown GIF by The Office

I watched a clip on 360 where Ikin recently questioned Kevvie's decision to keep "a QLD origin winger" in Oates in ISC while continuing to pick Coates who "held the club to ransom" and is leaving next year.

If Ikin has any say, we could see Oates and Coates switch.

I watched a clip on 360 where Ikin recently questioned Kevvie's decision to keep "a QLD origin winger" in Oates in ISC while continuing to pick Coates who "held the club to ransom" and is leaving next year.

How is Coates holding the club to ransom? Ultimately it’s Kevvie who could banish him to isc right?

if that was the standard to follow then Coates was the right person to select as, at the time, he was a "current" QLD winger ... as opposed to Oates who is a a Former QLD winger

After watching 360 try and tell me they aren't going to miss him, he's not just another media personality and that much is blatantly obvious

Paul Kent was choking up towards the end there

I really don’t know much about Ikin’s role as an independent director so maybe someone more in the know can help me out.

He’s been in that role since 2017 and I’ve not seen anything to suggest Queensland Rugby League has improved. There’s an unprecedented lack of Queensland players having successful NRL careers in that period of time, and Paul Green has since been selected as origin coach - leading QLD to a historic series loss.

I don’t know what his role is at the QRL exactly but I don’t see anything to be excited by coming out of that organisation.

Active Now

• Skathen
  • broncos4life
  • Harry Sack
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • BroncosMan
  • broncsgoat
  • Santa
  • Fozz
  • Jazza
  • KateBroncos1812
  • MrMoore
  • Midean
  • FACTHUNT
  • I bleed Maroon
  • winslow_wong
  • Bronx48
  • Allo
  • Xzei
  • westy316
  • Battler
... and 43 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.