Ben Ikin walks from Channel Nine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Love or hate Joey at least what he says is insightful as he knew how to play the game, I think he is a douchebag but he is quality as a commentator, just like Gus. They have great footy brains.

Ikin good on him for having morals but I won't miss his commentary.

If the story is correct, I think Ben jumped before he was pushed.

Today Tonight did the same sort of story in the Ikin's

The Gymp said:
Love or hate Joey at least what he says is insightful as he knew how to play the game, I think he is a douchebag but he is quality as a commentator, just like Gus. They have great footy brains.

Ikin good on him for having morals but I won't miss his commentary.

Johns has good football knowledge but he is a terrible commentator. He has gotten slightly better but still sounds nervous and stuttery and awkward, I find him really hard to listen to. He needs to go away and take some acting courses or something, and get a bit more confidence, because right now he's a really bad communicator.

I didn't mind Ikin as much as most, but I won't really miss him.

My 2 cents, first of all ACA is rubbish. I can understand Ikin did what he did. Like most say, I guess not many people will miss him.

Bit of a meh really. I'm glad I won't have to hear "the Lockyers, the Maqshalls, the Hunts...".

Btw...how awesome does Wally sound?!? It always sounds like his voice has been "soundshopped" haha.

So what exactly was the scandal? All I caught the tail end and it seemed there were unhappy investors.

From what I've read today sounds like the company went broke and so investors lost their money. Apparently Alan Ikin got knocked back some bank loans to complete building new storage facilities in Townsville and Toowoomba or something (he was talking about that 5 years ago) and so the business went bust.

How that makes him a crook I don't know. Sounds to me like it's just bad luck, and perhaps he got some bad advice about expanding the business.

Alan Ikin himself has lost his home, he's gone back to driving a truck, his wife's had to go back to work and Alan has had to borrow Ben's car. He's pledged to repay everybody who's lost their money.

To me it just sounds like a hard luck story.

So yeah if ACA wanted to make it sound like Alan Ikin had done the dirty on people, then I can fully understand why Ben would tell them to get stuffed.

If being shit at your job runs in the ikin genes, it's no wonder his old man went bust

Alan Ikin has always been dodgy.

And yes I have met Alan & Carmel.

Years ago you should have been the state of the house they were renting, after the left it. [icon_ee

Leaving a house in a bad state doesn't make them dodgy. Be careful what you say, comments like that scream defamation.

Especially with no info to back it up.

Kaz is great at making little snide comments about people with no evidence to back it up.

Listening to 4BC Greg Carey today the financial ppl investigating have stated that Ben Ikin was not involved in ANY way with the business.

Just another example of grubby reporting and of how low current affair programs will go, even to the point of turning on their own.
Congrats to Tracey Grimshaw you must be proud.

The Ikins used to live a Palm Beach, same suburb I used lived.

Ben Ikin use to work after school at a Butchers at Palm Beach

Coxy you make claims & you don't back it up, but we have to believe you as you once owned this site. [icon_evillaugh

That's a great story. Really, I care.

OMG! You lived in the same suburb? That changes everything! You must know all the intricate details of their business dealings of the last 30 years.

Kaz said:
The Ikins used to live a Palm Beach, same suburb I used lived.

Did you also shag Wayne Bennetts daughter?

OXY-351 said:
Did you also shag Wayne Bennetts daughter?

No but everyone else did. [icon_wink

But then I am a female.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Jedhead
  • Porthoz
  • Broncorob
  • Mick_Hancock
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.