Bennett breaks silence on Hunt

Egh, watching Mal consistently pick Morgan as the bench utility, only to have him come on and just muck up backline movements make me want to puke. He is not the heir apparent to the Queensland 6 jumper. No way.

Egh, watching Mal consistently pick Morgan as the bench utility, only to have him come on and just muck up backline movements make me want to puke. He is not the heir apparent to the Queensland 6 jumper. No way.
Disagree

Before his breakout year as a fullback Morgan was showing very little in the halves and since moving to 5/8 I believe he is still showing very little outside of his running game.

Coote takes more of a load off JT than what Morgan does in terms of kicking and finishing off the sweeping plays.

Regarding origin, to me the key strength to qld's dominance has been having two very capable halves in every aspect of halves play (Lockyer, JT and now Cronk). Having a capable partner in the halves means you can't focus entirely on one player.

I don't see Morgan, Hunt or Milf ready to take on that kind of role next year when JT retires from rep footy. Especially outside of Cronk who is great at controlling the game but doesn't seem to have a plan B when plan A fails for the storm and they fall behind on the scoreboard

He is in front of anyone else for the role.

Before his breakout year as a fullback Morgan was showing very little in the halves and since moving to 5/8 I believe he is still showing very little outside of his running game.

Coote takes more of a load off JT than what Morgan does in terms of kicking and finishing off the sweeping plays.

Regarding origin, to me the key strength to qld's dominance has been having two very capable halves in every aspect of halves play (Lockyer, JT and now Cronk). Having a capable partner in the halves means you can't focus entirely on one player.

I don't see Morgan, Hunt or Milf ready to take on that kind of role next year when JT retires from rep footy. Especially outside of Cronk who is great at controlling the game but doesn't seem to have a plan B when plan A fails for the storm and they fall behind on the scoreboard
You forget who through the pass that cost us the grand final, apart from Hunts dropped ball, it was Morgan. Not that it's easy to watch, but watch him play in that game, he was outstanding.

Active Now

• Organix
  • Stix
  • lynx000
  • scobie
  • MTF75
  • Jazza
  • Manofoneway
  • cento
  • Xzei
  • YeahNahMate
  • barker
  • Sproj
  • Behind enemy lines
  • jd87
  • pennywisealfie
  • Johnny92
  • ChewThePhatt
  • TimWhatley
  • NSW stables
  • broncos4life
... and 16 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.