Bennett not to return - Signs with Knights

Re: is the master coming home

If Griffin performs(and he looks the goods so far) I would rather we just stick with him.
Bennett doesn't have long left, 2-3 years at most I would say at his age, I would rather keep a coach like Griffin who could be a long term coach rather than a short term coach.

I would like Bennett to come back and play some role in the club but not so sure I'm keen on him to be head coach again at Griffins if expense if he goes good. If we win the premiership this year or make the top 4, do we still not re-sign Griffin?

I really hope not. Bennett is a club legend and I think he has done enough for our club

As far as I am concerned,if wayne bennet is available for next season, we should try to sign him. He is the best coach ever and as far as I can see he would be invaluable to the club again for the next couple of years. Griffin really doesn;t have the first grade experience and I'd love to see him try his own thing this year then spend 2 seasons under wayne and then become the second best coach ever.

Isn't there a dedicated thread for this in league talk?

Dexter said:
Isn't there a dedicated thread for this in league talk?

It looks like the board have pretty much admitted their interest, so we'll leave this for here now.

But, if it turns into another 'AP vs everyone else' argument, then it'll probably end up in League Talk. icon_thumbs_u

Credit to you though mate, called this one a week or two ago. [icon_wink

I'm a huge Bennett fan but like spwn, I'd much rather see Griffin given a crack. If Wayne comes back, after Griffin had done a good job, we'll see another club make Griffin an offer, which he might take, and then when Wayne retires we've got nobody. They are probably planning on Lockyer after that which I really don't think is the answer at that stage.

Hes coming back. End thread, act suprised when it happens. :mrgreen:

Aeetee said:
Hes coming back. End thread, act suprised when it happens. :mrgreen:

Haha, I was waiting for you to chime in.

My mindset's the same as Jeb's, I would welcome Bennett back but at the same time think Griffin deserves a chance to prove himself.

is the master coming home

**** this club sometimes. Move the **** on or we will be in the position of chasing a coach in 2yra again.

Come home Wayne.

Griffin with a couple of years under Wayne wouldn't hurt his career in the slightest, then he can take over. At least he's a decent coach, unlike Last Choice.

Nashy said:
Come home Wayne.

Griffin with a couple of years under Wayne wouldn't hurt his career in the slightest, then he can take over. At least he's a decent coach, unlike Last Choice.

i agree ..... Griffin would only improve even more if given the chance to coach under Bennett for another couple of years.

jarro65 said:
Nashy said:
Come home Wayne.

i agree ..... Griffin would only improve even more if given the chance to coach under Bennett for another couple of years.

But if he shows good signs he will most likely get an offer too good to refuse from a club like the Cowboys, Souths or Newcastle.

Griffin will be coach. Wayne director of coaching....

Nashy said:
Come home Wayne.

This x10000

Come back Benny!!!!

I can understand the concerns about bringing WB back, without first giving Hook (am I allowed to call him Hook? [icon_razz1 ) a fair chance, and I tend to agree with them.

But, with all that said, I would still absolutely love to see WB back at the club. I was at the grand final last year with my St. George supporting mate and when WB came past during the lap of honour, it was just amazing to see the admiration everyone had for him. He is such a top bloke and a fantastic coach.

The reality is the Hooker has served his apprentice time and he is ready for the top gig. His couple of years with Bellamy et al wouldn't have done him any harm along the way.

Hopefully the return of Wayne will not reduce us to a one dimensional, boring and grinding machine.
We want entertainment and flair...
Don't we?

Raw Boned Youngster said:
The reality is the Hooker has served his apprentice time and he is ready for the top gig. His couple of years with Bellamy et al wouldn't have done him any harm along the way.

Hopefully the return of Wayne will not reduce us to a one dimensional, boring and grinding machine.
We want entertainment and flair...
Don't we?

I want success.

Unread

Active Now

• Footy Fanatic
  • Porthoz
  • I bleed Maroon
  • NSW stables
  • MrRobot
  • Broncosgirl
  • Skyblues87
  • Redux
  • winslow_wong
  • Broncos Maestro
  • Johnny92
  • Morkel
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.