Bennett not to return - Signs with Knights

is the master coming home

Success yeh but not "yawn" success **** that if Brisbane go back to grinding wins I'll stop going to games.

Re: is the master coming home

if grinding wins a premiership ill be singing "baby when we're grinding, I get so excited, oooh and how i like it, try but i can't fight it"

It will be a monumental stuff up if we take Bennett back and Griffin leaves to coach the Cowboys or any other NRL side. If we have no faith in Griffin then why did we bother sacking Henjak? Would just be unfair to Griffin if we get Bennett back IMO. I also think the club needed a change of coach and I think going back to Bennett would be a mistake for that reason.

Entertaining is great, but to be frank we didn't become a premiership force on it alone until the day we actually had the toughness to mentally and physically(a definite weakness in the early days of the Broncos) grind wins(especially away games) under the sorts of pressure we have had so far this season and to be frank I'm pleased that Griffin has worked so hard on our side defensively, its been a flaw over the years that has needed to be addressed. Now I'm not saying its all we should concentrate on(we also need to work on cutting down our current mistake rate), but it definitely is an area we have needed to work on.

if we defend like that every game, all we would need to do is work on fundementals and we have ourselves p7

Seriously how many different threads do we need to have discussing this topic?

I mean if and when he actually signs start a new thread - until then can't just keep it all in one thread?

Where are we going to play Boyd if Bennett comes back?

lynx000 said:
Where are we going to play Boyd if Bennett comes back?

Five eighth. Replacing Lockyer.

The Rock said:
draggx said:
Success yeh but not "yawn" success **** that if Brisbane go back to grinding wins I'll stop going to games.

Why would it go back to grinding? 2008 was our best attacking team since 1998. Wayne coached us that year.

If we have the players to be flamboyant, then we will be. See 2008 as an example.

As for Wayne - I am happy for him to come back so long as we have a plan for when he leaves. If Griffin is happy to serve an apprentice under him for 2 years then perfect. If not then there's no point having to go through looking for a brand new coach again in 2 years.

Let's see how Griffin goes first.
This is how I see it too. Pure common sense really!
Wayne could also come in a Coaching Director position, letting him mould the club for the years ahead...

Why would it go back to grinding? 2008 was our best attacking team since 1998. Wayne coached us that year.

Before then there was 2005 where we'd throw the ball around like nobodies business and would rack up a number of high scoring totals against a number of opposition.

Injuries and defence really hurt us that year.

What year were we a grinding team?

I don't think we have ever been like the Dragons of 2009/2010.

2003, 2006 and most definitely 2007.

EDIT: Considering what talent we had 1999-2002 can be considered grinders in a similar vein as Melbourne.

1999 can't count. We had a horrendous start, alf retired, Renouf and Locky injured at various stages. We had to start from scratch. Sure, we ground, but that was out of necessity not choice.

2000-2001 definitely. Power game was what we relied on.

what are we to gain with signing Bennett on for another few years???

Aeetee said:
Griffin will be coach. Wayne director of coaching....

and Locky the apprentice coach ?

Coxy said:
1999 can't count. We had a horrendous start, alf retired, Renouf and Locky injured at various stages. We had to start from scratch. Sure, we ground, but that was out of necessity not choice.

2000-2001 definitely. Power game was what we relied on.

We still relied on it in 1999, no shame either as we did extremely well considering the start we had.

You could make some excuses for it in 2006 as well, we looked to be really building something with the Hunt, Lockyer, Seymour, Ennis spine until Ennis broke his leg against Souths.

Bucking Beads said:

start with luring some quality signings for starters, have a think about the players that left in the years since wayne has left. i'll start you off,Michael Ennis, Ben Hannant (Broncos) but he's back now obviously, Darius Boyd (Dragons), Joel Moon, Greg Eastwood (Leeds: ESL), Shane Perry (Les Catalans: ESL) David Taylor (South Sydney Rabbitohs) Karmichael Hunt (Gold Coast Football Club - AFL), Steve Michaels (Mid Season - Gold Coast Titans) Israel Folau (GWS AFL), Antonio Winterstein (North QLD Cowboys) Tariq Sims (North QLD Cowboys) Ashton Sims (North QLD Cowboys), korbin sims, joel Clinton, greg inglis, didn't actually sign but there are conspiracies as to why.

no matter how you look at it, there are some quality players in that list. fair enough you can't attribute all these loses to henjak, but i would bet lefty that if the truth ever came out then alot of the would be because of that bald git.

kluppy said:
Bucking Beads said:

start with luring some quality signings for starters, have a think about the players that left in the years since wayne has left. i'll start you off,Michael Ennis, Ben Hannant (Broncos) but he's back now obviously, Darius Boyd (Dragons), Joel Moon, Greg Eastwood (Leeds: ESL), Shane Perry (Les Catalans: ESL) David Taylor (South Sydney Rabbitohs) Karmichael Hunt (Gold Coast Football Club - AFL), Steve Michaels (Mid Season - Gold Coast Titans) Israel Folau (GWS AFL), Antonio Winterstein (North QLD Cowboys) Tariq Sims (North QLD Cowboys) Ashton Sims (North QLD Cowboys), korbin sims, joel Clinton, greg inglis, didn't actually sign but there are conspiracies as to why.

no matter how you look at it, there are some quality players in that list. fair enough you can't attribute all these loses to henjak, but i would bet lefty that if the truth ever came out then alot of the would be because of that bald git.

how long have you been a player agent for ?

Active Now

• Allo
  • Johnny92
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.