Bennett not to return - Signs with Knights

Re: is the master coming home

Well let's face it, it would be far better to have Bennett back in some capacity than to have someone like Ricky Stuart or Daniel Anderson coaching us next year.

Considering how different our team is compared with when he left I don't think it would be a bad move getting him back involved with us.

I'd much rather we let Hook have 3 years (and actually give him the three years) to start the re-build of the new dynasty - and if we're in good shape then give him a further extension.

Also WB has regularly said he has ambitions to coach 3 different sides to premierships - if he still feels this way, then we are the least favourites to get him next year.

is the master coming home

WB -coaching director
GRIF - Head Coach
Lockyer - Assistant

draggx said:
WB -coaching director
GRIF - Head Coach
Lockyer - Assistant
I'd like this a lot. The question remains whether WB wants to take a step back/up...?

He'll be going to the Knights I reckon.

If Darren thought Wayne'd be back next year he would've stayed.

I'd like Locky to leave the Bronco system for part of his apprenticeship. Assistant somewhere else, maybe a full time crack at a U20s or QCup team before returning as an assistant under WB would be the dream _woohoo_

draggx said:
WB -coaching director
GRIF - Head Coach
Lockyer - Assistant

Where will Langer fit in??

langer77 said:
draggx said:
WB -coaching director
GRIF - Head Coach
Lockyer - Assistant

Where will Langer fit in??

He's only little, put him in the glovebox or something.

Langer and locky will be good together

m1c said:
I'd like Locky to leave the Bronco system for part of his apprenticeship. Assistant somewhere else, maybe a full time crack at a U20s or QCup team before returning as an assistant under WB would be the dream _woohoo_

Agree 100%

And Wayne actually said a similar thing in an interview on 4BC yesterday - that he thinks Locky has the makings of a good coach but only if he is willing to do it properly - serve a proper apprenticeship, get a wider experience (I took this bit to mean away from the Broncos), and take a few years in lower grades before he moves on to NRL level coaching.

I don't think WB is coming back here, I would say he is going to Newcastle. [icon_shru

lynx000 said:
I don't think WB is coming back here, I would say he is going to Newcastle. [icon_shru
+1 depends on who ends up in control of the knights but that's the way I'm leaning :)

I hope that article is accurate.

First of all - winning is never 'boring' IMO. As much as I hated the Storm during it's success - I wouldn't give two hoots if we played the same and reaped the rewards... same thing with Dragons 09/10. Nothing wrong with playing to your team's strength. If anything blame the CAP! It's the way it is.

Second - love WB but I thought we both moved on. I'm not an idiot - no doubt his 2-3 yrs will be invaluable but I'm willing to forgo that for the 'long-long' term. On top of that, I just feel the Broncs should move on to a new era anyway... With Locky now going, let's reshape the Broncs I say. I dunno - am I the only one who thinks this way?

looks like hes coming back.

Active Now

• davidp
  • Ozired
  • Allo
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Aldo
  • Morkel
  • mrslong
  • thenry
  • bb_gun
  • The True King
  • Jazza
  • Sproj
  • Robboi_321
  • Santa
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Wolfie
  • Dazza 92
  • Evander
  • Johnny92
  • Xzei
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.