Bennett - 'Success won't happen overnight'

And yet we finished 5 positions higher then them and got knocked out by the same team by nearly the same amount of points...

but yep, cowboys deserve an A+++ for all the heart and effort and we deserve to be banished from the nrl

Please note: poetic license given to over-dramatise the situation

Haha you said it.

Mostly people are pointing out that we are still years away from having a premiership winning squad despite going so close in 2015. We are essentially in a rebuilding phase again and a massive part of our cap is invested in the backs with Boyd, Milf, Bird ( if he plays centre ) and Roberts.

Success won't come overnight as WB said but I would like to see a squad which is coming on, not get to the end of a very good 3 years and be scrambling for forwards, not have 1 player who can kick the football effectively and regularly ( big problem with our play), not have a 5/8 falling short of his potential with a slack work ethic and not having a fucking clue how to run a set play more complicated than a forward being used as a ball player.

Admittedly if we had squads like the Cows, Melb and the Chooks who are reportedly set to sign Cronk ( would we buy Mitchell ?, **** that would be a 80 pages of fun) we would be getting howled down from every quarter but **** that, we have the resources and it appears there at at least 4 other clubs doing as they please so we should get to it.

Last edited:
Sorry we're both wrong it's 6 losses for 4 wins. But they're last five games was 1 win and 4 losses

That depends how you count the bye in rnd 18 but they won 5 of 10 games played from rnd 16.
Also they were beaten by the Chooks and Sharks in the last 5 rnds and turned those results around.

With our first chouce hooker out, our first chouce half playing hooker, of 6 playing with a busted shoulder, our fullback and captain on one leg when playing, a front rower injured, our best winger, kick returner and try scoring freak in and out of the side playing busted.... The Storm are great, but you take Smith out, put Cronk at hooker, play Munster with a busted shoulder, have Slater play on one leg unable to run properly, one of thier top 3 props injured and have Vunivalu play busted for a handful of games and the would get the same from a fully fit Broncos side, a flogging.

I don't like making excuses, but gezz it's not like went into the last few weeks of the season and finals in good shape physically.

I never said anything about what you posted just corrected a wrong stat.

Last edited:
Well the Cowboys did convincingly defeat the Roosters who we lost to. And they beat Parra away in Sydney fair and square, who towelled us up only a matter of weeks before on our home turf.

Our season was pretty much done after that parra horror show. It was a disgusting result and would have taken something amazing to win the comp after that.

Our season was pretty much done after that parra horror show. It was a disgusting result and would have taken something amazing to win the comp after that.

Our season was over due to injuries, not that result.

definitely that result.

no team that's conceded 50 has won the premiership. once we hit the 5-0 it was all over ;)

It kinda shits me when people get that type of very basic analysis so fundamentally wrong.

Not that injuries don't have an impact, but that is definitely untrue. Getting 50 put on you at home, especially in the manner it happened, was a merely a symptom of the multiple fundamental issues our team has.

That game was the nail in the coffin. If we were gonna have a real crack at the premiership we would have owned that game and locked in 2nd spot but alas the boys were annihilated.

I wanted success yesteryear mofo not overnight! :notevensayingit: lol

Its so sad, because if we had of won in 2015 it would have been regarded as "overnight success".

And.... we Probs would have been a lot better football team the last 2 years also due to the belief that a premiership would have given our squad. But, shit happens...

Frikken quiet on this forum... I can tell I'm really missing the RL because I'm checking for posts on here often. I need a fix of RL like some type of sports junkie lol

Last edited:
Our season was over the moment Blair passed the ball in his own 10 metre Zone and Parra scored the fastest try of the modern era. No amount of counselling would be able to unravel that cluster f!ck of a play.

Active Now

• Midean
  • GCBRONCO
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Santa
  • Broncorob
  • broncoscope
  • peter09
  • Allo
  • The Don
  • LittleDavey
  • Jazza
  • ezpz
  • Broncosarethebest
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Redux
  • Johnny92
  • Justwin
  • Waynesaurus
  • broncos4life
  • Organix
... and 20 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.