• Total voters
ZTop

ZTop

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Feb 28, 2016
We have been arguing about this for a while now
So I thought we should take a vote
A couple of other options are Will Hopoate, Michael Gordon, Beven French, Josh Dugan, Jack Wighton, Tom Trbojevic
Which is basically all of the fullbacks in the league

I was going to say to cut Bias out of the equation

Tedesco with Boyd second. I'm more than happy with Boyd as our fullback but every time Tedesco comes into play he lights everyone up. He came up with 2 superhuman efforts to score a try and lay one one, also broke 10 tackles as well and saved a 40-20.

Tedesco with Boyd second. I'm more than happy with Boyd as our fullback but every time Tedesco comes into play he lights everyone up. He came up with 2 superhuman efforts to score a try and lay one one, also broke 10 tackles as well and saved a 40-20.

Basing it on last night? Against the Rabbits who were under performing by under 5s standards, and their FB had a ruptured ACL. How many games has he missed over the last couple of years?

What is Tedesco defence like? General Question

Tedesco is good but he is not the best fullback in the world. He is fast and evasive. That is it. He's a better RTS. Can't tackle, can't set up tries and all he does is cherry pick from offloads. Boyd is easily the best fullback in the game as he is able to defend, attack, run, pass, short kick, call plays, set up tries almost whenever he wants to. Boyd's skill set surpasses Tedesco by a long way.

What is Tedesco defence like? General Question
Not great, has made a few try savers but most of the time is nowhere to be seen when tries are scored against the Tigers.

Basing it on last night? Against the Rabbits who were under performing by under 5s standards, and their FB had a ruptured ACL. How many games has he missed over the last couple of years?

Did you see him carrying Sam Burgess over the line a 3 man tackle and offloading in a gang tackle last night?. Ran for over 200 meters in Origin with 7 tackle breaks.

Bugger that Tate and Hodges who missed years of action.

The more people that vote the better

@Big Pete What do you think?

Boyd is comfortably the best all round footballer at fullback. Scores tries, sets them up, strong in defence and rarely makes errors. ANd he has done all this at Origin, Club and International level. Tedesco is probably next based on form. For all those origin stats from origin from Tedesco, the biggest one is he got chased down by a then 32 year old Cooper Cronk. Running meters arent the be all and end all of stats when it comes to fullback play. It can easily be skewed.

He didnt carry Burgess over the line either last night, he just slipped through and ducked under some really poor defence. I dont think he is a bad defender, but currently, there is still a huge gap between Boyd and his next rival.

There is no substitute for experience.
Tedesco is brilliant.
Boyd is best.

Did you see him carrying Sam Burgess over the line a 3 man tackle and offloading in a gang tackle last night?. Ran for over 200 meters in Origin with 7 tackle breaks.

He also in Origin killed every backline play they made in that game by running sideways, cramping his centres and throwing shitty passes to the wingers.

If you're asking me to make a prediction than Trbojevic would be my pick but if we're basing it purely on right here, right now I don't know how you can look past the Australian Skipper. Unless all you're concerned about is highlights reels and attacks, Darius is the most technically sound fullback and his leadership is unparalleled as far as fullbacks are concerned.

As for the future, I think Bevan French is going to graduate from a rookie sensation into one of the superstars of the game and barring injury Kalyn Ponga will be one of the biggest stars in the 2020s.

Meanwhile Cameron Munster will continue to be a consistent force throughout that time and will always be in the conversation.

But for the time being, it's Darius Boyd.

Alternate facts.
Inglis pretty much walked over the try line and he was nowhere to be seen. Goodwin made him look silly and on his last try Tedesco was again invisible. That's just from last nights game. I could go through last seasons games too but I can't be bothered watching terrible defensive efforts all afternoon. Speaking of which, Raiders are playing this afternoon. Expect a lot of points in that game. Rapana might let a few through and be voted worlds greatest winger because he is fast and evasive too.

There is nothing more disappointing than having a notification, only to find that the question you asked wasn't in any way answered. The only reason I ask is because I am not that invested to go and look for myself, and I recall him missing a lot of games due to injury. And as good as you can be, you're useless on the sidelines.

I did see him play last night. I'm not saying he didn't look pretty good, but you're talking about a game where the Rabbitohs were clearly not there, so I don't think last night is a good example to use.

Not sure what direction you're going with Tate and Hodges, I didn't mention them?

Active Now

• Broncosarethebest
  • BruiserMk1
  • Broncorob
  • Foordy
  • Strop
  • Skathen
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.