VOTE Best Fullback in the League

Best Fullback in league

• Total voters
Without a doubt it is Billy Slater

Which loser voted for hayne

I don't know how people can honestly say Boyd is the best... I mean he is often found out to be in the wrong spot defensively, that time a couple weeks back where he rushed up on Ash Taylor when defending the try line, missed him, and let Elgey score an easy try was possibly the worst defensive play from a regular starting fullback I have ever seen.
Add to that he would probably be the worst supporting fullback in the competition in terms of getting the offloads from forwards etc. So many times a forward or Milford or someone will make a half break and Boyd is standing around 30m away from the play. Players like Slater, Tedesco, RTS, Hayne, Inglis, Turbo etc are almost always there for the offload.
Boyd is also notorious for getting the ball and just like crabbing. He has been doing it a lot this year and it drives me nuts, often losing our momentum, or losing 10m of ground. I think also he has the lowest tackle breaks of a fullback, which is pretty bad...

Boyd is a safe player, who when he has time has a good passing game etc, but under pressure, or when there are several options in attack, he does seem to freeze up a bit. I also think he has the least "X-Factor" of any of the fullbacks. He also doesn't return the ball from kicks very well. He is definitely safe and reliable under the bomb and isn't going to lose us games with silly mistakes (ala Jack Wighton), but he also isn't really going to win us any from individual brilliance either (Tedesco, Inglis, Hayne, Slater etc.).

Personally, I would rather Slater, RTS, Tedesco and possibly Moylan to Boyd on current form. Just because they offer better support play, which I think our team would really benifit from as our Forwards and players like Roberts / Milford have been getting a few half breaks this season. Add to the mix T Turbo and Ponga on just age / potential.

Active Now

• GCBRONCO
  • winslow_wong
  • Johnny92
  • levikaden
  • Aldo
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Broncosgirl
  • Bongo
  • Santa
  • porouian
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.