VOTE Best Fullback in the League

Best Fullback in league

• Total voters
I actually think that @holdzy89 doesn't understand the concept of ball playing. That would be the best case scenario right now.

It works when it works. But when it doesn't, he has no plan b. It annoys me sometimes to watch. I assume your comment is also a reference to Ben Hunt's issues - so clever by the by.

Darius is improving every game. Taking harder runs, a few more tough ones for the team. And the team is responding. Always room to improve, even for the NUMBER ONE fullback in the game for however long.
How is he the number 1 fullback in the game if he has so many faults

How is he the number 1 fullback in the game if he has so many faults

He doesn't have so many faults - he has a few. Boyd has been the best while Slater has been injured and GI has been lazy and injured.

Yeahh...nahhhh. You're way wrong IMO.

Slater has thrown some shocking passes in his career. In my mind his greatest attribute is when he plays for himself.

Boyd has thrown some absolute shitters as well (early in the season, Oates should have scored but Boyd threw it out).
My only issue with Boyd really is he is predictable (but as I said, as with Hodges, knowing what is coming it and stopping it, two different things) and doesn't often have a plan B. He dances on the spot, takes a soft tackle or just passes it to whoever.

Slater at his best is better than Boyd at his best, imo.

He doesn't have so many faults - he has a few. Boyd has been the best while Slater has been injured and GI has been lazy and injured.

Boyd has thrown some absolute shitters as well (early in the season, Oates should have scored but Boyd threw it out).
My only issue with Boyd really is he is predictable (but as I said, as with Hodges, knowing what is coming it and stopping it, two different things) and doesn't often have a plan B. He dances on the spot, takes a soft tackle or just passes it to whoever.

Slater at his best is better than Boyd at his best, imo.
I really can't see how Boyd is the best fullback in the game if he has these faults. You said he isn't good in attack, he is improving in defence and his support play is non-existent. Sounds like he is a developing star of the game, not the premier fullback of the game

I really can't see how Boyd is the best fullback in the game if he has these faults. You said he isn't good in attack, he is improving in defence and his support play is non-existent. Sounds like he is a developing star of the game, not the premier fullback of the game

Did I say that? Quote me please.

Since when is improving in defence a bad thing?

Sounds like you are trying to take the piss (and failing).

You can be the best at something and still have room to improve. If Boyd can improve those areas, he will be the out and out best, even if Slater keeps getting back to where he was a few years ago (which admittedly is a little less than where he was a few years before that).

Did I say that? Quote me please.

Since when is improving in defence a bad thing?

Sounds like you are trying to take the piss (and failing).

You can be the best at something and still have room to improve. If Boyd can improve those areas, he will be the out and out best, even if Slater keeps getting back to where he was a few years ago (which admittedly is a little less than where he was a few years before that).
To quote you, You'll have to find it yourself

Alright which spuds voted for that overrated back Tedesco
He is the biggest flat track bully I have ever seen

He's good for a run sideways though! Seriously, he is not a leader and you could never count on him to help your team come back in a hard match. A lot of his stats come from padding against minnow teams. Probably why he has a career win percentage 36%.

I didn't say those things, so you can't quote me.

Quality trolling though.
Sorry felt like winding someone up, But on a cold morning the Head don't work as it should
However I don't agree with you on thoughts, Go through the highlights of last year and tell me how many tries did Oates score of a Boyd Cut out pass

Sorry felt like winding someone up
However I don't agree with you on thoughts, Go through the highlights of last year and tell me how many tries did Oates score of a Boyd Cut out pass

It's okay not to agree, just don't misrepresent my opinion.

Boyd is great, and I've said it many times, is our MVP along with Milford. I just don't think he is as good as Slater when they are both are their best.

I do agree that Slater at his best is better than Boyd, but I doubt that will ever happen again, making Boyd the no.1 in the game atm.

That said, neither of them is a "ball player" imo. It takes a bit more than a great running game or a great sweep play to be a ball player. Lockyer was the ultimate ball playing fullback, and currently Moylan would be top dog in that category.

Still, if Slater gets to a semblance of form, it wouldn't surprise me if he gets the nod for the Qld custodian role, with Boyd back on the wing.

I do agree that Slater at his best is better than Boyd, but I doubt that will ever happen again, making Boyd the no.1 in the game atm.

That said, neither of them is a "ball player" imo. It takes a bit more than a great running game or a great sweep play to be a ball player. Lockyer was the ultimate ball playing fullback, and currently Moylan would be top dog in that category.

Still, if Slater gets to a semblance of form, it wouldn't surprise me if he gets the nod for the Qld custodian role, with Boyd back on the wing.

That's how I think it will go. I think Kev will go with that regardless of whether Boyd is in better form or not.

Active Now

• Mustafur
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Johnny92
  • barker
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.