VOTE Best Fullback in the League

Best Fullback in league

• Total voters
It all depends on what you mean improve. Why does Boyd need to take on the line as much when he generally makes the right decision on whether to run or pass it out. I feel he makes the best decision for the team 9/10. Boyds attack is one of the least things I worry about. He sets the play up and flows with our attacking structure. Or do you want to go back to the dark ages with Hoffman at fullback who only knew how to throw a dummy and go himself on the backline sweep play

How about coming out of our own 10 after the oppositions kick? What would you give that out of 10? He has areas to improve, like ALL of our players. The Milf/Boyd combo should be among the most deadly in the league, but it is not. His try saving technique needs some improvement - sometimes it is just disgusting. He just sulks past instead of actually trying to stop it.

He has room to improve; if he does, he will truly be the No.1 fullback in the game.

Yes I want to go back to dark ages..blah blah Hoffman, blah blah Griffin (poor Hunt).

Slater is a magnificent player, but I don't know how you can have his playmaking skills ahead of Boyd. What's Slater done in recent times to be rated ahead?

I could see an argument for Moylan...but his inability to perform in the bigger games has me hesitant to rank him ahead of Boyd.

Slater is a magnificent player, but I don't know how you can have his playmaking skills ahead of Boyd. What's Slater done in recent times to be rated ahead?

I could see an argument for Moylan...but his inability to perform in the bigger games has me hesitant to rank him ahead of Boyd.

Slater has been excellent since his return.

Recent times is surely a bit facetious?

Had Slater not been injured, Boyd would not have enjoyed his promotion quite as much. Like I said, Boyd is not far off the best in the game, and his team mates can help lift him to that title.

Slater has done it many times before his injury. Not sure boyd has ever gotten to his level in terms of being a ballplayer. Moylan seems better at it too.
Would take boyd over the aforementioned but don't think hes as good in that area as the others.

Slater has passed over the sideline so many times in his career, I'd struggle to call his ball playing good.

Lol.

And Lockyer couldn't tackle.

Slater has been excellent since his return.

By his own admission, Slater has been rusty. His form has improved in recent weeks, but it's still not a patch on his form at his peak.

Recent times is surely a bit facetious?

Not at all.

Even prior to his injury, Billy's best was well behind him. I honestly fail to see how he's better than Darius in that department, especially when Darius has been able to maintain his world-class ball-playing skills, where as Slater has little to show in recent times.

That isn't to say that Darius has Billy covered in all areas, just in the ball-playing department.

he's definitely improved recently, but yeah I would still put Slater and Moylan ahead of him.

I don't think it's an issue though, what he does is fine and works for us.

Boyd is better than both at sweep plays imo

I cant really think of anyone else who is better than Boyd at playmaking from the back. Slater & Moylan would be the only two who rival him.
Do not throw slater in as a ball player. He is forced to do it and has thrown it into the stands many a times.

Moylan is a definite ball player though and probably better than Boyd

Do not throw slater in as a ball player. He is forced to do it and has thrown it into the stands many a times.

Moylan is a definite ball player though and probably better than Boyd

I've seen Slater pass balls Locky/Johns would be proud of. Balls Boyd could never pass.\

By his own admission, Slater has been rusty. His form has improved in recent weeks, but it's still not a patch on his form at his peak.

Not at all.

Even prior to his injury, Billy's best was well behind him. I honestly fail to see how he's better than Darius in that department, especially when Darius has been able to maintain his world-class ball-playing skills, where as Slater has little to show in recent times.

That isn't to say that Darius has Billy covered in all areas, just in the ball-playing department.

I'd say they are on par at best. What can Darius do that Billy can't?

Then answer the question in reverse.

Billy comes up on top. Broncos tinted glasses off.

I've seen Slater pass balls Locky/Johns would be proud of. Balls Boyd could never pass.\

Nah.
Maybe Slater can pull off a good pass every so often but Boyd can do it on a consistent basis.

How impressive, do you have footage of this? Or can you recall the game where such a feat took place?

Pick the right pass at the right time while picking the right lines to give his outside men the most space to score points in a more consistent fashion.

How impressive, do you have footage of this? Or can you recall the game where such a feat took place?

Pick the right pass at the right time while picking the right lines to give his outside men the most space to score points in a more consistent fashion.

Lol, I admire your bias, Pete.

Objectivity is not your friend.

If Boyd steps up in a few areas, he will be the best fullback in the game (in lieu of an injured/returning from injury Billy Slater, perhaps past his best).

If Boyd steps up in a few areas, he will be the best fullback in the game (in lieu of an injured/returning from injury Billy Slater, perhaps past his best).
Answer his questions.. Did u choose to ignore them or perhaps you didn't notice that he asked them?

Either way it's obvious your attention to detail is terrible, and as such would question the accuracy of your reply anyway.

How disappointing, I was really looking forward to watching those passes.

Regardless, I doubt the Broncos will let their captain walk out on the club so I don't see how this discussion is relevant to this thread.

Off the top of my head how about every cut out ball Boyd does to Oates and Kahu.

Just because slater can tip on a simple draw and pass does not make him a ball player.

You should know you're wrong by the simple fact that Gordy thinks Slater is the best ball playing fullback of all time

Answer his questions.. Did u choose to ignore them or perhaps you didn't notice that he asked them?

Either way it's obvious your attention to detail is terrible, and as such would question the accuracy of your reply anyway.

Aww, you and Pete will have to make the long and perilous journey to Youtube in order to view available footage and decide for yourself. Billy at top level for 10+ years or Darius filling in for injured Inglis or Slater, up to you.

How disappointing, I was really looking forward to watching those passes.

Regardless, I doubt the Broncos will let their captain walk out on the club so I don't see how this discussion is relevant to this thread.

You contributed to it, so I think you see an angle somewhere in here...

Off the top of my head how about every cut out ball Boyd does to Oates and Kahu.

Just because slater can tip on a simple draw and pass does not make him a ball player.

You should know you're wrong by the simple fact that Gordy thinks Slater is the best ball playing fullback of all time

I think it's Locky myself, but that would be Broncos Bias.

I guess my point would be Darius is no better than Billy re: 'ball playing'. They are about even, with Billy having a little more in the kit and on points. It's all subjective.

Re: Boyd's cut out passes - he's botched his share.

Active Now

• Manofoneway
  • Bish
  • Mighty Bronx
  • marw
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.