VOTE Best Fullback in the League

Best Fullback in league

• Total voters
I do agree that Slater at his best is better than Boyd, but I doubt that will ever happen again, making Boyd the no.1 in the game atm.

That said, neither of them is a "ball player" imo. It takes a bit more than a great running game or a great sweep play to be a ball player. Lockyer was the ultimate ball playing fullback, and currently Moylan would be top dog in that category.

Still, if Slater gets to a semblance of form, it wouldn't surprise me if he gets the nod for the Qld custodian role, with Boyd back on the wing.

This is pretty much my thoughts. Slater at his best is better IMO and an argument could be made for when Inglis is at his best and actually.....interested. As the game currently is, Boyd is top dog AFAIC.

It's okay not to agree, just don't misrepresent my opinion.

Boyd is great, and I've said it many times, is our MVP along with Milford. I just don't think he is as good as Slater when they are both are their best.

Both at their best?
......I'll raise you one Greg Inglis.

Both at their best?
......I'll raise you one Greg Inglis.

It's a hard one - but it then becomes Slater vs Inglis imo.

I'd still take Slater.

But then if anyone (not current) is in contention, Locky every day of the week.

I would play Slater on the wing......
I defintely disagree. If Slater's form warrants a call, Qld is better served with him at FB and Boyd wing, than the other way around, even if Boyd is the better FB atm.

Inglis is a better fullback than centre...IMO.
Maybe, but I'm talking about combining them in a team.
Individually at their best... it's hard to split Slater and Inglis imo.

I defintely disagree. If Slater's form warrants a call, Qld is better served with him at FB and Boyd wing, than the other way around, even if Boyd is the better FB atm.

I disagree....I think the risk is negligible. If I was worried about NSW, then I would concede that Boyd is a better winger than Slater.

More up side to Darius being at fullback atm. TBH, I think Slater is still a bit rusty and that customary clanger he has in him, is waiting just around the corner. Hate to see it appear in a SOO match.

Maybe, but I'm talking about combining them in a team.
Individually at their best... it's hard to split Slater and Inglis imo.

The thread is titled
Best Fullback in league

....sir. :wink:

Each at their best?

No.

1. Inglis
2. Boyd

14. Slater

Active Now

• bert_lifts
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.