NEWS Betting adds more entertainment to rugby league’: Inside V’landys’ Vegas plan

If you think for even half a second these companies give a shit about your livelihood, I suggest you think again.

They only say that shit because they are required to.
So when I say these words "That's what the government is trying to do with all the new responsible gambling requirements on betting companies"

You take that as me saying the gambling companies are doing this of their own initiative because they care about customers livelihood? How?

So when I say these words "That's what the government is trying to do with all the new responsible gambling requirements on betting companies"

You take that as me saying the gambling companies are doing this of their own initiative because they care about customers livelihood? How?

It raises an obvious question if it's coming from the government and not the bookies.

Probably the same reason tobacco companies advertise how unhealthy it is to smoke on the packaging yet don't really do a whole lot about it, it all comes from the government. An addict will do whatever he/she needs to do to get their fix and bookies will not get in their way, regardless of how crippling it is for the individual.

Anyway it's no shock to me that PVL is all for it, he literally is/was in charge of Racing NSW.

Just sat down to watch some footy build-up, Fox Sports 2 have just wound up a ten minute mini-show which was basically a Sportsbet ad. Nothing but Joel Caine and some other nuffie talking odds and “special” bets.
I just don't bother anymore. I turn the TV on when the players are taking the field, make a coffee/snack at half time, and turn the TV off again when the siren sounds.
I won't watch anything that's not actual game time anymore.

I just don't bother anymore. I turn the TV on when the players are taking the field, make a coffee/snack at half time, and turn the TV off again when the siren sounds.
I won't watch anything that's not actual game time anymore.

Same.

Gambling companies take care of their money. And as long as the client brings them money, they take care of the client. That's the way it is in any business.

Gambling companies take care of their money. And as long as the client brings them money, they take care of the client. That's the way it is in any business.
I'm very educated on how bookies look after valued clients.

Agree but it's a bit different in the wagering industry. A valued client is that bloke who toils away all week and then does a couple of hundred over the weekend. They don't want that person to have a deposit limit, they will tell everyone to have a deposit limit but they don't really want that. That's just what they have to do to stay in business as per the regulations from the government.

The second you show signs of being a winning punter, your account is restricted.

It's being reported that we'll be one of the 4 clubs heading to Vegas to kick off the 2024 season

It's being reported that we'll be one of the 4 clubs heading to Vegas to kick off the 2024 season
****... did not want that, but knew the NSWRL would lean on us to carry the comp yet again.

Potential to derail the start of a season when it comes to jet lag, etc. in the same way WCC end up impacting on clubs as well

Storm, Roosters and Penrith the other three?

Sorry forgot it was a Badel article. Starts by saying we are set to kick-off the 2024 season in Vegas

Before saying we are front runners to kick-off the 2024 season in Vegas.

Goes on to quote DD.

Doesn't name the other teams in contention for the Vegas trip

****... did not want that, but knew the NSWRL would lean on us to carry the comp yet again.

Potential to derail the start of a season when it comes to jet lag, etc. in the same way WCC end up impacting on clubs as well

I can see them having us kick off the season in Vegas, then giving us a 5 day turn around before round 2

souths manly and who ever else would be my guess rely on the jackman-crowe name recognition to pull some ppl

Gambling makes watching games a hell of a lot more fun. That adrenaline rush when you’ve won a multi, it’s a pretty damn good feeling especially when it’s one that pays out a couple of grand.

It most definitely adds entertainment value. Some people having no personal responsibility and self control doesn’t change that.

Gambling makes watching games a hell of a lot more fun. That adrenaline rush when you’ve won a multi, it’s a pretty damn good feeling especially when it’s one that pays out a couple of grand.

It most definitely adds entertainment value. Some people having no personal responsibility and self control doesn’t change that.
Cool, let's sell heroin and coke to the public as well then, some people having no control of their addictions doesn't stop it being fun.

See how that works?

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • Foordy
  • Broncosgirl
  • Mustafur
  • Xzei
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.