BHQ Countdown: Most Loved/Least Liked Players Reveal thread

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
Can't wait for Jamayne to drop it against us and we score off it like last year against the Titans, that's if he lasts that long before he is dropped.

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
But yeah, Plath went the niggle at a time when playere twice his size could repeatedly punch his face with only slight risk of a penalty. That is balls of steel, compared to the gutless crap from Luai etc, who know they are protected.

Mustafur

Mustafur

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Jun 13, 2019
Surprised I was the highest ranking Tallis hated, Liked him as a player but everything else after that is just soo shit.

J

Johnny92

NRL Player
Jul 3, 2021
But yeah, Plath went the niggle at a time when playere twice his size could repeatedly punch his face with only slight risk of a penalty. That is balls of steel, compared to the gutless crap from Luai etc, who know they are protected.
I never really saw Plath play pretty much only in the GF repeats and other replays from memory I think he copped a few In the 97 GF and could tell he loved abit of niggle.

pennywisealfie

pennywisealfie

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
hahaha Unreal. I get the cult hero thing and love from people that didn't watch him week to week that have just seen his try against Melbourne. But I know you watched him in that era bro. He was hopeless. He lost us that finals match against Penrith in '03.

Are we going to be in love with other mongs like Isaako in 20 years time?

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
hahaha Unreal. I get the cult hero thing and love from people that didn't watch him week to week that have just seen his try against Melbourne. But I know you watched him in that era bro. He was hopeless. He lost us that finals match against Penrith in '03.

Are we going to be in love with other mongs like Isaako in 20 years time?

We're nearly there with Maranta TBF.

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
With Minto and the following on here, it really started when BHQ was a lot smaller, and many of us would go to games together, and go check out Qcup too.

We often ran into Scotty and he was a legend. That plus the "Ahhhhhhbooooooo", of which I don't remember why it came about, it just stuck.

That and he's the best player to play the game. Obviously.

Mustafur

Mustafur

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Jun 13, 2019
With Minto and the following on here, it really started when BHQ was a lot smaller, and many of us would go to games together, and go check out Qcup too.

We often ran into Scotty and he was a legend. That plus the "Ahhhhhhbooooooo", of which I don't remember why it came about, it just stuck.

That and he's the best player to play the game. Obviously.
Not to mention he himself is in on it too.

Santa

Santa

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jun 30, 2020
I can't hate Gordy. Yes he's acted like a **** towards the club ever since he retired thanks to probably numerous grudges with Bennett, but on the field he was the last bit of true mongrel the team ever had. Also had way too many iconic moments including getting in Harrigan's face on the biggest stage, belting the shit out of Ben Ross, slinging Hodgson over the sideline, and of course giving the wankers in the Sydney crowd the big old **** you.
He also said we can make top 4 this year, so he us starting to be forgiven for his post playing antics.

tommy

tommy

International Rep
Jun 5, 2015
He also said we can make top 4 this year, so he us starting to be forgiven for his post playing antics.
Yes, ever since his best mate got given the gig he has been very supportive. Absolute turd who will turn on the club and call us all bastards if we fail this year and go with a new coach next year.

Mustafur

Mustafur

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Jun 13, 2019
Yes, ever since his best mate got given the gig he has been very supportive. Absolute turd who will turn on the club and call us all bastards if we fail this year and go with a new coach next year.
It's honestly the reason I don't respect him, he comes off trying to say he has integrity with how he talks about our team, but his takes lack all of it, I'm far from a kev hater but I have never seen him be more pro Brisbane since retirement then he is since Kev has been on board, it's not like we have won Premierships yet but compare that to before and you would think the guy is from Sydney.

Not to mention his take on the player strike, like he forgets what he did at St George.

tommy

tommy

International Rep
Jun 5, 2015
It's honestly the reason I don't respect him, he comes off trying to say he has integrity with how he talks about our team, but his takes lack all of it, I'm far from a kev hater but I have never seen him be more pro Brisbane since retirement then he is since Kev has been on board, it's not like we have won Premierships yet but compare that to before and you would think the guy is from Sydney.

Not to mention his take on the player strike, like he forgets what he did at St George.
Also came up with the gem that ikin’s job should be to do what kevvie tells him. I wonder if kevvie ever rings Geordie and politely asks him to shut the **** up.

Unread

Active Now

• Financeguy
  • achievedrap
  • Aldo
  • Cavalo
  • Morkel
  • winslow_wong
  • sooticus
  • Midean
  • Wolfie
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.