BHQ Countdown: Most Loved/Least Liked Players Reveal thread

Allo

Allo

International Rep
Forum Staff
Sep 28, 2012
While he played through our worst period in history, a winger/ 'fullback' only scoring 24 tries in 5 seasons is still pretty atrocious

Culhwch

Culhwch

NRL Captain
Mar 28, 2008
Loved Darren Smith, just a no nonsense player who was always reliable, could play in the center or in the back row, never seemed to mind which. Great for Queensland as well, asking with Jason.

A lot of my loved list are players from his era - my late teens and early twenties - when I really lived and breathed the Broncos. A great time to be a fan.

Mustafur

Mustafur

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Jun 13, 2019
Can't wait for Jamayne to drop it against us and we score off it like last year against the Titans, that's if he lasts that long before he is dropped.

GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
I would have thought a better photo for Haas would be him bashing Kelly over his shoes.

pennywisealfie

pennywisealfie

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
I would have thought a better photo for Haas would be him bashing Kelly over his shoes.

Yeeeep for sure. I had that in my head the whole time and then just blanked on it when it came to posting it. Oh well.

pennywisealfie

pennywisealfie

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Isaako was a bit of a letdown. Seemed to have so much talent but also just played shit most of the time. Personally, he was fine. Weird he made it so high up and (spoiler) Minto isn't even on the list, who is the worst player I've ever seen in first grade.

pennywisealfie

pennywisealfie

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
BHQ Loved

30. John Plath

79EsZiF.jpg

1990-1999
Position: Yes
Games: 179
Tries: 26
Highest Vote: 12 (Morkel)

BHQ Loathed

30. Gorden Tallis

gCB28KV.jpg

Highest Vote: 3 (Mustafar)

GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Big fan of Plathy. One of the toughest ever. Small as shit and played front row sometimes. Was also a decent playmaker and someone that got under opposition players' skin.

Legend Q&A: John Plath​

Bronco legend has it that John Plath - one of the most versatile footballers the game has seen - played in every position on the field, except prop.

But Plath is quick to correct the story.

“Oh, I played prop too,” the likeable larrikin, who now runs his own swimming pool business, Eco Pools, says.

“We were playing against Illawarra and one of our front-rowers got hurt. Trevor Gillmeister blew up - he reckoned there was no grunt in our scrum.

“So he grabbed me when I was about to pack down at lock and pulled me into the front row. It was a bit of a shock, but at least I can say I played every spot on the field.”

Plath retains a close connection with the Broncos - he is a regular at home games and son Zach is one of the team’s ball boys.

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
I can't hate Gordy. Yes he's acted like a **** towards the club ever since he retired thanks to probably numerous grudges with Bennett, but on the field he was the last bit of true mongrel the team ever had. Also had way too many iconic moments including getting in Harrigan's face on the biggest stage, belting the shit out of Ben Ross, slinging Hodgson over the sideline, and of course giving the wankers in the Sydney crowd the big old **** you.

Unread

Active Now

• BroncosFan_Corey
  • Volvo Driver
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • kiwibronco
  • Porthoz
  • Viti
  • Harry Sack
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • westy316
  • Strop
  • winslow_wong
  • maximus84
  • Seibs
  • Browny
  • bb_gun
  • Brocko
  • Manofoneway
  • BroncoFan94
  • Bronx48
  • Hoof Hearted
... and 15 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.