BHQ Countdown: Most Loved/Least Liked Players Reveal thread

He was an English fullback winger, super hyped up player, was touted as the English Billy Slater or something. He was scoring tries for fun in the super league, but yeh never really lived up to the hype. He started the first game of the 2016 season against eels

Only by Nathan Brown.

Greg Eden lmao, if you don't need any more proof we are still in the nonsense side of the list.

Assuming Turpin #1?
lol I had him 10th on my list and he’s already been. Shows the power of any pick after #5 if Eden is getting in ahead based on one person’s vote

I feel you should release like 10 names at a time (maybe 5 each on the list) to speed it up a bit

If you want to take over the list, then sure.

Unless you mean just reading out the list in one go with no stats or anything, in which, I can do that if you like.

Ad

The ads on this place have really gone downhill!

Reading this thread makes me wish I had voted, but I haven't been online a lot recently and missed it.

Greg eden? I didn't vote but Harvey Howard was my favourite ever true Englishman we had. Even above herbie, probably passed more too! (Just joking, love the herbinator too)

I think Eden would actually have done ok here if we persevered with him on the wing. His strike rate at Castleford has been phenomenal.

I think Eden would actually have done ok here if we persevered with him on the wing. His strike rate at Castleford has been phenomenal.
Speaking of wingers; Ryan Hall was a monster over in the UK but an absolute flop over here.

You watch way more SL than I do, but for every success to come out of the UK, there’s countless more failures.

Speaking of wingers; Ryan Hall was a monster over in the UK but an absolute flop over here.

You watch way more SL than I do, but for every success to come out of the UK, there’s countless more failures.
Hall i dont think was poor for the Rorters, but he just didnt seem to be able to get over the line. He was way past his best though when he came over here. I still think the issue is a lot of the back line players have is they never seem to move to settled sides, they always seem to end up at basket case clubs.

The forwards are a different story. They all seem to be pretty decent.

Hall i dont think was poor for the Rorters, but he just didnt seem to be able to get over the line. He was way past his best though when he came over here. I still think the issue is a lot of the back line players have is they never seem to move to settled sides, they always seem to end up at basket case clubs.

The forwards are a different story. They all seem to be pretty decent.
I don’t think that really fits with Hall though, does it (again, you know more than I do, so it’s as much a question as it is a statement)?

He went to the Roosters who won the premiership in his first year and finished the regular season 4th in his second year. It seems he couldn’t have really landed in a better team.

With respect to not being able to cross the chalk, it’s looks like he’s gone back to SL and returned to scoring tries for fun.

His career stats:
SL (stint one) - 330 games, 233 tries;
NRL - 11 games, 0 tries;
SL (stint two) - 47 games, 31 tries.

He has also scored 39 tries in 45 tests for England.

I’d be interested to know how many of his international tries have come against minnows. It seems he might be one of those world beaters when he is playing in a lesser competition but get found out when the quality rises.

Of course we’ll never know.

The forwards do definitely seem to be more successful though, there’s no doubt about that.

I don’t think that really fits with Hall though, does it (again, you know more than I do, so it’s as much a question as it is a statement)?

He went to the Roosters who won the premiership in his first year and finished the regular season 4th in his second year. It seems he couldn’t have really landed in a better team.

With respect to not being able to cross the chalk, it’s looks like he’s gone back to SL and returned to scoring tries for fun.

His career stats:
SL (stint one) - 330 games, 233 tries;
NRL - 11 games, 0 tries;
SL (stint two) - 47 games, 31 tries.

He has also scored 39 tries in 45 tests for England.

I’d be interested to know how many of his international tries have come against minnows. It seems he might be one of those world beaters when he is playing in a lesser competition but get found out when the quality rises.

Of course we’ll never know.

The forwards do definitely seem to be more successful though, there’s no doubt about that.

Probably not so much with Hall, but i still think he played fairly well there, but a winger who isnt scoring isnt doing his job. He probably didnt fit the mould of the Rorters winger though. He's pretty much a bulldozer where you look at say Tupou or even Suaalii, who are great at taking high kicks, he's a totally different sort of winger and more suited to the Roosters gameplan. I know he will have scored some, but i dont recall him scoring many tries, especially in the last 4 or 5 years from kicks in the air.

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • TimWhatley
  • Battler
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Justwin
  • Ondi
  • whykickamoocow
  • Matheos
  • johnny plath
  • mitch222
  • Dash
  • Foordy
  • leon.bott
  • Swordfish
  • NSW stables
  • Skyblues87
  • theshed
  • Fitzy
  • BroncoFan94
  • Xzei
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.