BHQ Player of the Grand Final

Who is your player of the Grand Final? (Pick 3)

• 3. Kotoni Staggs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5. Selwyn Cobbo

• 7. Adam Reynolds

• 11. Kurt Capewell

• 12. Jordan Riki

• 13. Patrick Carrigan

• 15. Brendan Piakura

• 16. Kobe Hetherington

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It's interesting to see how different it is going the 3,2,1 system instead of tallying all of the individual votes each round.

Haas - 33
Reynolds - 25
Walsh - 24
Patty - 19
Mam - 14
Riki - 10
Staggs - 10
Cobbo - 7
Walters - 7
Sailor - 5
Oates - 4
Herbie - 3
Piakura - 2
Capes - 1
Rogers - 1
Arthars - 1

It's interesting to see how different it is going the 3,2,1 system instead of tallying all of the individual votes each round.

Haas - 33
Reynolds - 25
Walsh - 24
Patty - 19
Mam - 14
Riki - 10
Staggs - 10
Cobbo - 7
Walters - 7
Sailor - 5
Oates - 4
Herbie - 3
Piakura - 2
Capes - 1
Rogers - 1
Arthars - 1
Herbie so far down the list is surprising

I didn't find him making my top 3 often until later in the year. Just the form of the entire squad made this a challenge most weeks.
Yeah true.
I should have finished my thoughts. The way the media have carried on about Herbie this year has made me start believe the hype that we aren’t going to be able to replace him. I feel like he’s been a good metre eater and defender, and that’s about it. BHQ is definitely the only place that doesn’t rate him super highly and maybe that’s because he decided at the start of the season to leave and we took it personally.

I was still surprised he was so far down the list tho. Would have had him below Staggs.

Yeah true.
I should have finished my thoughts. The way the media have carried on about Herbie this year has made me start believe the hype that we aren’t going to be able to replace him. I feel like he’s been a good metre eater and defender, and that’s about it. BHQ is definitely the only place that doesn’t rate him super highly and maybe that’s because he decided at the start of the season to leave and we took it personally.

I was still surprised he was so far down the list tho. Would have had him below Staggs.

He's an excellent centre, no two ways about it. He's tough and runs back hard as nails. It can be tough to find players like that, but I think hitting a team full of them will give anyone confidence to do it well with the lads.

He's an excellent centre, no two ways about it. He's tough and runs back hard as nails. It can be tough to find players like that, but I think hitting a team full of them will give anyone confidence to do it well with the lads.
Even harder to get them to play on the wing were they're better suited.

Yeah true.

Talking about replacing Herbie and in relation to defence... one thing I recall with Mariner when he was in the trials way back was how hard he was hitting in defence.

He was very physical even as an 18yr old playing against men... he was putting on shots.

He's been in and out of first grade since and I haven't caught much of him during Qld Cup to know if that part of his game remains, but if that sort of physicality has always been part of his game, then hopefully it will become an ongoing trait through first grade.

Physical wingers like Tafua, etc. are like hitmen to players coming around on the backline sweeps... if Mariner gets that right wing spot he could be putting on some serious shots... whilst also having electric speed.

Excited to see where he gets to next year.

Haas - 33
Reynolds - 25
Walsh - 24
Patty - 19
Mam - 14
Riki - 10
Staggs - 10
Cobbo - 7
Walters - 7
Sailor - 5
Oates - 4
Herbie - 3
Piakura - 2
Capes - 1
Rogers - 1
Arthars - 1
It feels like rating 3 players works when our team is bad, but when our team is good far too many people don't get credit, because we have been good this year some players have been shafted who have been consistently at a good level but with none or minimal dominating games.

Active Now

• Griffo
  • Strop
  • Wolfie
  • Old Mate
  • winslow_wong
  • Volvo Driver
  • Maddy
  • Foordy
  • john1420
  • Bucking Beads
  • Morkel
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Manofoneway
  • thenry
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • levikaden
  • Stix
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Inknition
  • BroncosAlways
... and 13 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.