• Allan LANGER

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jonathon THURSTON

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Spud said:
No love for Paul Green? He was supposed to be the next Alfie. Supposed to be.

I bet he regrets ever leaving the Sharks. Maybe the worst career ever?

BroncoMatt said:
Maybe the worst career ever?

Do you mean Career move ever Matt, or are you saying career eusa_think

Russo said:
BroncoMatt said:
Maybe the worst career ever?

Do you mean Career move ever Matt, or are you saying career eusa_think

Yes sorry, meant to say career move!

This one is too easy. Alfie. Next.

Coxy said:
Up until 2000 that's the case Stu, and from then on he suffered injury after injury. Admittedly the few times he did get on the field he dominated Queensland, but I think it's fair to say Queensland had some pretty weak teams in those early '00s, particularly 2003-2005.

It wasn't until the rise of Inglis, Smith, Thurston and the great Karmichael Hunt that Queensland started to assert their authoritaaaaah.
Yes, we had Casey McGuire in the team ffs.

Mick, in 5-years time I have no doubt if we run this same poll we will get the same result.

There is no doubting Thurston's incredible talent, but he has never single-handedly carried Queensland to an Origin victory, and I don't think he ever will judging by his performance in game 1. Langer played alongside Daniel Wagon and Shaun Berrigan in the 2001-2002 series (albeit only 1 game in 2001) and Queensland won both series. Put Thurston with Wagon or Berrigan in the halves and I would have no confidence whatsoever that Queensland would win. However I'd put my life in the hands of Alfie Langer if I had to.

Seriously, the comeback game in 2001 was just about the best individual Origin performance in history given what was at stake and how much pressure Queensland was under.

Hey Hammo - how good is this piece of memorabilia??
power_two.jpg

In terms of QLD halfbacks, surely its good old Langer, Every QLD kid's favourite player if they were born in the mid 80's to late.
He was probably the reason why I started supporting the Broncos, Langer was something special!

Mick, I meant what I said.

Thurston will never be the skid marks on Langer's jocks.

Jebba and Hammo - guys, you simply can't predict the future. Thurston doesn't just have five years left in the game - he has 10. I don't doubt Alfie's superiority. He's one of my favourite all-time players FFS!

I just don't think we should ever shut the door on possibilities. Honestly, if we've already seen the best fullback ever (locky), the best centre ever (renouf), the best 5/8 ever (lewis) and the best halfback ever (Langer), then why the f**k should we bother watching origin, or rugby league, ever again?

Mick, you just don't get me do you?

Lewis was the best, Langer was the best, Lockyer was the best.

Wynnum Seagulls are the best, Broncos are the best and Queensland are either the best or the ref robbed us...nothing you can say will change any of this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hmmm. Agreed about the Broncos and Qld, but I think it's pretty sad if we can already strike out half the positions in a football team and say we'll never see a better individual. Each to their own, you grumpy old so-and-so! [icon_lol1.

I'm with Hammo. No halfback will ever match Alfie. EVER. PERIOD. EXCLAMATION MARK. COLON. COLON. SEMI COLON. BACKSLASH!

Gotta agree with Hammo too. Alfie was brilliant.

Was? Still is! Always will be! Alfie for PM!!!!!!!!!

Hey hey where the Broncos and where just horsin around.........

That's a great song. Love it.

Top of the pops 1993!!!!

(I bet those kids went home on Friday night and Goggled it)

hahaha I bet they did too....
speaking of which i found Chayse Danger Jones and sent him the mark coin today. He'll wet himself when he opens it up hahah

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• IceWorks
  • Ozired
  • mitch222
  • Lurker
  • Jazza
  • Big Del
  • BroncosAlways
  • ozzball
  • Foordy
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Santa
  • Culhwch
  • FACTHUNT
  • Financeguy
  • Wolfie
  • kiwibronco
  • Broncosgirl
  • Bucking Beads
  • FaceOfMutiny
  • Fitzy
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.