PLAYER Billy Walters

What role should Billy Walters play?

• Total voters
Thats because Walters was changed from a half to a Hooker so Kevie could get his son in this side. He doesn't know how to play hooker because he's a half.
Paix is also a half , changed to hooker because he was no good at half

Thats because Walters was changed from a half to a Hooker so Kevie could get his son in this side. He doesn't know how to play hooker because he's a

Thats because Walters was changed from a half to a Hooker so Kevie could get his son in this side. He doesn't know how to play hooker because he's a half.
Again probably the dumbest thing I've heard today. Walters played hooker initially because we lost 4 in a row and Turpin had a suspect "collarbone injury". There was nobody else to do the job and we went on to win 7 in a row with Billy at hooker for the first time in 5 years.. Billy is the best hooker at the club. Even if he's ordinary at times, he's still in front of paix and mozer for the time being.

That is not at all factual. Paix wasn’t moved to Hooker because he was no good as a half. At the time we had what where supposedly rated the 3 best young halves in the country in Paix, Boyd and Deardon and they decided to move Paix down the Ben Hunt Path to try and progress him along and evidently it worked in some form as he is the only one left at the club.

That is not at all factual. Paix wasn’t moved to Hooker because he was no good as a half. At the time we had what where supposedly rated the 3 best young halves in the country in Paix, Boyd and Deardon and they decided to move Paix down the Ben Hunt Path to try and progress him along and evidently it worked in some form as he is the only one left at the club.
Yep thats right no good at half plenty at the club better

Yep thats right no good at half plenty at the club better
Deardon I’m sure they did rate higher Boyd was outright let go very early on because of the 2 they kept. Paix was moved to hooker to try and replicate Ben Hunt who followed the exact same path before coming a half. To say he was moved because he was no good at half is pure stupidity and made up.

Deardon I’m sure they did rate higher Boyd was outright let go very early on because of the 2 they kept. Paix was moved to hooker to try and replicate Ben Hunt who followed the exact same path before coming a half. To say he was moved because he was no good at half is pure stupidity and made up.
Replicate Ben Hunt please you have no idea

Qld moved him in 2018, they had Dearden, Boyd and Paix in the side and Richards played Paix at 9 for the first time.

Paix went back to 6 with Norths and was Qld U20 half and captain in 2019 and Dolphins half.

Dolphins made him a utility in 19 and played him at half too.

Qld moved him in 2018, they had Dearden, Boyd and Paix in the side and Richards played Paix at 9 for the first time.

Paix went back to 6 with Norths and was Qld U20 half and captain in 2019 and Dolphins half.

Why did Dolphins move him ?

do you think he had a career as a nrl half?

Why did Dolphins move him ?

do you think he had a career as a nrl half?

He was the half then he hurt his hand playing for Qld and when he came back Gamble was back from Sydney and Paix was on the bench and half.

2020 he’s at Souths at hooker.

It's not fair to compare the best hooker in the NRL to Billy Walters, Harry Grants carries that team on his back at times and is paid accordingly.
It's very fair to compare another team's hooker to ours. What they are paid is irrelevant to the comparison. You are then talking about the salary cap, which is another subject. If you extrapolate that argument you would have a team of bargain basement rejects.

Billy is very good at passing the ball and his defence is good enough, but maybe not in the Macca/Turpin class. Where he falls down is game management.

Last season I rated him as barely NRL standard. This season, he's NRL standard, but not an NRL standout.

Correct and Richards regretts playing him there for that game

I quite like this forum, I think general consensus is Billy is the weak link in the team (bad) but he isn’t as weak as he used to be (good) but he’s the coaches son (bad) who sets good standards at training (good) but he is safeguarding an up and coming guns position (bad) but we are coming first and the gun isn’t ready yet (good),

ah, the intricacies of rugbeh loiiiggg

in the next two years it’s likely Billy is phased out of the starting 17 for Mozer/Paix combo, but at this stage he is doing enough to hold his position.

Come on, I didnt catch the game, somebody has to give me the goss.

Mozer made his first line break today in seven games- went from dummy half ran 40m and passed to Sailor to score down the right-hand side. Souths ran riot and slaughtered the Dolphins.

He did the normal Hunt rotation of 22 minutes and then 15 again at the end- his second stint was his best attacking stint in his seven games.

Come on, I didnt catch the game, somebody has to give me the goss.

Defended well, no mistakes, tackled hard made a few great runs from dummy half and died looking for support, made some really stupid plays in the red zone. 5/10 game.

Service and unpredictability from the ruck still a **** tonne better than what Macca and Turpin delivered.

If he's our weak link, then we're in a really good position roster wise.

Defended well, no mistakes, tackled hard made a few great runs from dummy half and died looking for support, made some really stupid plays in the red zone. 5/10 game.

Service and unpredictability from the ruck still a **** tonne better than what Macca and Turpin delivered.

If he's our weak link, then we're in a really good position roster wise.
It is no surprise that all our points come when Paix is on the field though.

People talk about our slow starts and then kicking into gear as the match progresses and we finish strong (usually).

Can’t imagine what that coincides with…

Billy is probably best suited at soaking up the early contact in the position and then bringing on someone more capable.

Active Now

• Mightybroncs2k17
  • Bucking Beads
  • Brocko
  • something
  • Sproj
  • theshed
  • Fozz
  • Browny
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Bongo
  • Dash
  • Allo
  • Johnny92
  • Waynesaurus
  • Morkel
  • BroncosAlways
  • Fatboy
  • Wolfie
  • ezpz
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.