PLAYER Billy Walters

What role should Billy Walters play?

• Total voters
that's a shame, always thought they were a reasonable poster. can't view their history though.

@Harry Sack .....is ruthless

arnold schwarzenegger terminator GIF

Good to have you back lynx000.

Sadly WASSHHH is no longer a member of the forum. If you look through his post history, it should be easy to put two and two together.
My apologies, I am trying to catch up on pages and pages of posts in a lot of threads after being out of action with heavy work commitments for months. But it is good to be back to the Billy Walters sucks forum with the rest of you diehards.

that's a shame, always thought they were a reasonable poster. can't view their history though?
That's weird, I can.

You should be able to go back to one of their posts, click the username, then click the number of messages and voila.

Not that it's really worth the trouble.

My apologies, I am trying to catch up on pages and pages of posts in a lot of threads after being out of action with heavy work commitments for months. But it is good to be back to the Billy Walters sucks forum with the rest of you diehards.
I was wondering where you got to. Maybe you picked up on the mental telepathy?

Obviously it's been a great start, but I'd imagine you would have had mixed emotions after the past few weeks. You calling the 2016 decline before it happened stuck with me.

Contrived?

I think you are unnecessarily hard on Walters who until this season, had never professed to be a hooker, never done a preseason at hooker in the NRL and is only now starting to really find his feet and come up with some decent plays.
Literally what contrived means.

I feel like we might have already been over this.

We're a fucking good team with Billy and Paix, they're only mid-tier hookers atm but thats all we need. Meanwhile I'm seeing little improvements in each game.

Anyone who thinks this isn't a upgrade on mid 10's Macca and Turpin is cooked.
Macca had a bigger engine and could play the full 80, but I agree throwing two players in two interchanges is an upgrade on Macca. I blamed Macca for holding us back. But it turned out he wasn't the only one.

Speaking of them being "mid-tier," Paul Crawley ran his comb over the comp's hookers yesterday in the Telegraph. Surprisingly he rated our combo a "B." I thought it a touch generous, but it's one bloke's opinion that's clearly been updated.

Hookers: Billy Walters/Cory Paix​
Key stats: Walters and Paix are chalking up very similar numbers in terms of minutes and tackles, but Walters is averaging five runs to Paix’s two.​
Crawley says: I thought the Broncos made a critical blunder not going to market to buy a top-shelf dummy-half to complete what is otherwise a cracking spine. But so far Walters and Paix have done a sound job while allowing Adam Reynolds, Reece Walsh and Ezra Mam to grab the headlines. Also factor in these two are on very modest salaries which frees up money to keep blokes like Payne Haas and Pat Carrigan happy. Talk about team players.​
Rating: B​

I was wondering where you got to. Maybe you picked up on the mental telepathy?

Obviously it's been a great start, but I'd imagine you would have had mixed emotions after the past few weeks. You calling the 2016 decline before it happened stuck with me.
Hi BP, it has been an awesome start by us, but even beyond that, I have really enjoyed watching the games again after a couple of seasons where I was falling out of love with it because of the rule changes and interference with the fabric of the game.

I am hopeful but not fully convinced that we have really turned the corner. We are yet to fully click which should be scary for the other sides. I hope that they start playing with a bit more patience and become a bit more clinical. The better sides in the comp will punish us if we keep making some of the mistakes we have made. But the signs are good and trending in the right direction finally.

I still can't throw any support to Walters, he's a terrible player and the sooner I see Mozer in there the better. I have to accept it won't be for a couple of years because his dad did just re-sign.

Benny Elias on 360 talking about how great Billy has been playing. Aggression, great passing, etc. Glad somone is giving him some love 😀
I have always disliked Backdoor Benny, but he was a great hooker, both for the cockroaches and the kangaroos, also for Balmain Tigers (back when they actually hooked) so he would know, and his opinion carries more weight than someone without his experiences playing at the top level for a lot of years, hey!

I loved watching Steve Walters bash him during origin games.

Thanks for posting Backdoor Bennys thoughts.

@Harry Sack .....is ruthless

arnold schwarzenegger terminator GIF
How good was Arnie, original terminator movie was a good watch, especially the fight scenes in the bar with the bikies and at Sarah Connors house, where he threw her boyfriend around like a rag doll.

Good post

We all know the hate I have for Walters yes but just because he's Kevin's con should give him the right to be in this team. Tonight's game he looked completely lost at times when playing from the middle. When he was close to the line he was chucking his hands up in the air what do I do. Harry Grant would never do that and Grant makes some great kicks from dummyhalf, I've barely seen any from Walters. Walters needs to go back to Qcup and try Mozer asap.

We all know the hate I have for Walters yes but just because he's Kevin's con should give him the right to be in this team. Tonight's game he looked completely lost at times when playing from the middle. When he was close to the line he was chucking his hands up in the air what do I do. Harry Grant would never do that and Grant makes some great kicks from dummyhalf, I've barely seen any from Walters. Walters needs to go back to Qcup and try Mozer asap.

It's not fair to compare the best hooker in the NRL to Billy Walters, Harry Grants carries that team on his back at times and is paid accordingly.

Walters was hands down twice as good as paix tonight. Your comparing possible the best hooker in the game to a minimum wage player who has been officially classed as a hooker for less than one season and one preseason.

Walters was hands down twice as good as paix tonight. Your comparing possible the best hooker in the game to a minimum wage player who has been officially classed as a hooker for less than one season and one preseason.
Thats because Walters was changed from a half to a Hooker so Kevie could get his son in this side. He doesn't know how to play hooker because he's a half.

Thats because Walters was changed from a half to a Hooker so Kevie could get his son in this side. He doesn't know how to play hooker because he's a half.
Should put him at halfback then

Should put him at halfback then
Then no Reynolds or Mam everyone wants that. Mamm has worked so hard on his defence, the reason he got dropped last year and I totally respect that.

Everyone looked lost last night. Walters is the least of our problems.

Used to be minimum wage.

Active Now

• Maroon4life
  • Manifesto
  • westy316
  • davidp
  • Kev_Guz
  • phoenix
  • FACTHUNT
  • KateBroncos1812
  • GCBRONCO
  • mrslong
  • Aldo
  • Wolfie
  • Manofoneway
  • bert_lifts
  • Mighty Bronx
  • ivanhungryjak
  • TimWhatley
  • Mustafur
  • Santa
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.