PLAYER Billy Walters

What role should Billy Walters play?

• Total voters
How the fck does Selwyn missing the winger in the corner have anything to do with Billy ?
Or Ezra going low in the tackle and Sua offloading , got to do with who is playing hooker at the time ?

Butterfly effect ?
Does the team lift when Paix comes on or not?

Does the team lift when Paix comes on or not?

He has magical powers to help people keep track of their opponents so they can`t just step over the line to score ?
And has the ability to stop offloads by his mere presence .

His blood is worth bottlin ! . LOL .

He comes on the same time as Marty Taupau . Is Marty not a factor as well ?
Broncos 2nd string hooker is out playing the opposition bench forwards . Is what I will concede .

He has magical powers to help people keep track of their opponents so they can`t just step over the line to score ?
And has the ability to stop offloads by his mere presence .

His blood is worth bottlin ! . LOL .

He comes on the same time as Marty Taupau . Is Marty not a factor as well ?
Broncos 2nd string hooker is out playing the opposition bench forwards . Is what I will concede .

Yeah look, I have defended Billy and I still don't think he is that bad but Paix after half-time last night, he really controlled the game for us in that 10 minute window so for that, he deserves a lot of credit.

However, it's widely known that he isn't an 80 minute player so it's really pointless to debate Billy vs Paix. We need them both at this stage.

If we are going with a “defensive” hooker to open than I’ll be surprised if billy Walters is up to the task long term. It may have been working for the last 3 weeks but it’s a long season and he had the 4th most missed tackles last year. It’s actually somewhat of an oxymoron to even label him a defensive hooker.

The point was Paix makes every one better .
Does he count numbers on the wing ? Does he stop offloads ?

The answer is no . Does Billy do that ? Obviously also no .

Credit where its due .He lifted the tempo by running from dummy half . But lets not get into fantasy world here .

We’re first in the table, have beaten two top 4 sides from last year including the defending premiers at their home where they rarely lose and while nowhere near our best, currently look better than everyone else. So yep, let’s talk about how bad Billy is and fix what isn’t broken.

We’re first in the table, have beaten two top 4 sides from last year including the defending premiers at their home where they rarely lose and while nowhere near our best, currently look better than everyone else. So yep, let’s talk about how bad Billy is and fix what isn’t broken.

I said it previously, people make comments on here and those comments end up backfiring on them but they don't have the class to say "yeah you know what, I was wrong about that guy". So instead they keep firing bullets in the hope he has an ordinary game and when he does, it's like a shooting gallery in here.

If we are going with a “defensive” hooker to open than I’ll be surprised if billy Walters is up to the task long term. It may have been working for the last 3 weeks but it’s a long season and he had the 4th most missed tackles last year. It’s actually somewhat of an oxymoron to even label him a defensive hooker.

Lies , damned lies and statistics .

He misses tackles when he tries to shoot out of the line or go low trying to cut guys down from marker .
Very few of his misses lead to line breaks . When he goes low and slips off he usually slows momentum and other players finish off . When he shoots out of the line he often makes the runner change direction and lose momentum . Forcing the running into a less advantageous position .
It`s not like the opposition are targeting him , busting his tackles and getting scoring opportunities regularly .

Yes. That was the final score, but we were down 16-8 at half time. I would suggest that indicates there was an issue with how we started.

This was also against the dragons. A better team would have punished us more in the first half and not let us back in the match.
Oh but when we score a bunch of points when he's on the field it's not because of him?

Who was our Hooker when we scored 4 tries?

Yes every commentatois say look how good Billy Walters is playing, every commentator is saying how much Walters is adding to the teams wins. He has no attacking stats, he's setting up absolutely nothing and is a completely waste of space on the field.

4 runs for 52m plus 22 tackles with just 1 miss in the middle. He’s doing his job and not trying to be something he isn’t.

4 runs for 52m plus 22 tackles with just 1 miss in the middle. He’s doing his job and not trying to be something he isn’t.
Yeah he was solid this round. I think he can be guilty of trying to be something he isn’t, last week was a good example of him overplaying his hand. If he continues to play like he has this week and round 1 then he is a worthwhile cog in a bigger system while awaiting for the Mozer to come of age.

Who was our Hooker when we scored 4 tries in 6 mins?
Who ran from dummy half on the right side and actually linked with a team mate to create a try during that period ?
Cptn / Coach Reynolds ...

It`s like once Billy runs he can`t see his team mates any more . Often runs away from his supports . Truly baffles me he hasn`t got better awareness . And ability to be creative from DH . It`s not as if he started playing Rugba league a cpl of seasons ago like Riki .

Oh and props to Riki . He was more involved did some good things with the ball and hit like a truck in defence . Capwell may be in the Billy / Paix boat . Just no one better to replace him at this time .

I said it previously, people make comments on here and those comments end up backfiring on them but they don't have the class to say "yeah you know what, I was wrong about that guy". So instead they keep firing bullets in the hope he has an ordinary game and when he does, it's like a shooting gallery in here.
Hear hear

Active Now

• LittleDavey
  • Organix
  • kman
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Mr Fourex
  • winslow_wong
  • mystico
  • Porthoz
  • BroncosAlways
  • Foordy
  • Harry Sack
  • Stix
  • Xzei
  • cento
  • bazza
  • Justwin
  • Johnny92
  • broncos4life
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Strop
... and 13 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.