Bloody Wallace!!!

S

sydney_bronco09

NYC Player
Apr 24, 2008
A bitter sweet moment for a queenslander like myself. Thought he had a great game and looked very composed with every play he made. All good signs for the broncos icon_thumbs_u

Discuss.......

We'll win the premier ship with locky and wallace fit and firing :D

Thrilled for him! That'll boost his confidence and the Broncos will reap the rewards.

I'm all for a NSW 3-0 win if it means the Broncos have a dominant, confident halfback.

For mine was MOTM but now he's a Bronco can't see the National NineSW team ever giving him that.

Hope his price doesn't rise too much and that we start grooming a #6 to play with him in a few few years when Locky leaves

A positive from tonight.

He was very composed and confident tonight, he played fantastic, was good to see.

It was bittersweet to see Wallace play a brilliant game for NSW tonight. Hopefully he'll play like that for the rest of the season...and stay with us foreverrrrrrrrrr.

Well done, Wallace!

Now we'll have to work hard on securing him long term, if possible, as he's only contracted until next season (correct?). This "go home" syndrome musn't be allowed to come into his thinking. He's on peanuts at the moment, but if he holds his position in the Blues side and plays a hand in a series victory for them, he's going have safes chock full of cash delievered to his front door. Perhaps the departure of Lockyer will help.

Have a listen to me, i'm worried already [icon_lol1. It's been that bloody long since we've had a decent halfback...

Seriously, i think he has the potential to be labeled 'best player in the world' sometime in the future.

His kicking game is absolute class.

He shows the composure of a 250 games veteran.

He's got a very good step which is lethal when defences rush up on him.

I've been a bit hesitant about his defence lately, but in tonights game he was excellent.

ningnangnong said:
Seriously, i think he has the potential to be labeled 'best player in the world' sometime in the future.

His kicking game is absolute class.

He shows the composure of a 250 games veteran.

He's got a very good step which is lethal when defences rush up on him.

I've been a bit hesitant about his defence lately, but in tonights game he was excellent.

Indeed he does have a very good step. First time he ran the ball tonight (was in the lead up to the blues first try) I couldnt help but jump up and cheer for him...even though I had a QLD jersey on.

He is an absolute gun and I think he was much more deserving of the MOTM award than Bird.

I mean 31 tackles, 19 kicks, 3 runs and a try assist is a pretty awesome game for a debutant.

He is very cool and composed, that is the best thing about the kid. He is an absolute gem and we must do everything to try and keep him for the future.

I know its a big call but I agree with Ning in that he has the potential to be the worlds best player. He also has the potential to become a Bronco legend. Which would make my day no doubt [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1.

Great signs from him until he went missing 30 mins into the game. But it was his debut though..

Major JW Hochstetter said:
Now we'll have to work hard on securing him long term, if possible, as he's only contracted until next season (correct?). This "go home" syndrome musn't be allowed to come into his thinking. He's on peanuts at the moment, but if he holds his position in the Blues side and plays a hand in a series victory for them, he's going have safes chock full of cash delievered to his front door. Perhaps the departure of Lockyer will help.

Have a listen to me, i'm worried already [icon_lol1. It's been that bloody long since we've had a decent halfback...

don't know if i would call about 180k peanuts eusa_think

Alec said:
Great signs from him until he went missing 30 mins into the game. But it was his debut though..

I think your being a bit harsh on a player making his debut expected to be one of the key playmakers for the side and the primary general kicker, He hardly went "missing" after 30 mins(I've seen far more experienced players disappear completely off the radar after an early domination, Wallace was still contributing at the end), his valuable input for the Blues can be seen in the rest of the match particularly in his kicking game which made an absolute mockery of Thurston's.

Loved his game last night. Hope he continues where he left off in game 2.

Chumba said:
He would of been my MOTM, way ahead of bird.

Bird wa always going to be MOM if NSW won. He is Matty Johns boyfriend it seems.

He played absolutely brilliantly. Now, Bennett needs to move Hunt to 5/8th while Lockyer's out, and Boyd to Fullback.

It has to be better than Stagg.

Nashy said:
Now, Bennett needs to move Hunt to 5/8th

Did you watch last nights game. I though K offered very little in the 5/8 position apart from a few good tackles, which really isn't what the position is about.

isnt it funny that wallace has been at the broncos since pre season and got selected because of brisbane and yet he spends a couple of hours with johns and suddenly johns is responsible for wallaces performance and kicking game........

Active Now

• Galah
  • LGH
  • broncos4life
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Johnny92
  • GCBRONCO
  • Mr Fourex
  • peter09
  • Aldo
  • Foordy
  • Manofoneway
  • Skathen
  • Alec
  • ivanhungryjak
  • KateBroncos1812
  • heartly87
  • leon.bott
  • Manifesto
  • FACTHUNT
... and 9 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.