Bloody Wallace!!!

Alec said:
What kind of a clause is that? How do they come up with that stuff?

Who knows, but thats probably why we see contract negotiations being such a long and drawn out process these days. eusa_think

http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/stor ... 89,00.html

PETER Wallace couldn't get an offer from Penrith last year but the NSW halfback last night had five clubs chasing him – for 2010.

Brisbane chief executive Bruno Cullen declared his determination to upgrade and extend the 22-year-old's contract in the face of interest from the Bulldogs, Warriors, Wests Tigers and St George Illawarra.

Also, there is this article which is more extensive:

http://www.leaguehq.com.au/news/news/wa ... 01801.html

He'll leave Brisbane. Bruno is all talk, and like always, will leave it too late.

Should have Lockyer in that Office asking about his future after 09, then making a decision to up Wallace's cash by a lot.

so if brisbane let go of ennis,wallace,stagg,hannant...

wtf is going on...

If all of those guys leave, there can be no excuse - Cullen must jump off a cliff.

Wallace won't be going anywhere, He will be the Broncos number 7 for 10 years. What a legend he is.

besides Locky and Israel getting alot of money, who else are they paying so much that we cant keep half of these blokes???

spoonbled said:
besides Locky and Israel getting alot of money, who else are they paying so much that we cant keep half of these blokes???

Hodges and Hunt are both probably around the 300k mark

bfoord said:
spoonbled said:

Agreed! You can also add Corey to our high paid list, he probably wouldnt 300k a year but he would be mid 200s at least [icon_wink

Jeza23 said:
bfoord said:
spoonbled said:

Agreed! You can also add Corey to our high paid list, he probably wouldnt 300k a year but he would be mid 200s at least [icon_wink

I beleive that Joel Clinton is on the mid-high 200's as well

the only problem with Clinton is his age. He's 27 isnt he? I cant see him getting better with age like Webcke or petro seem to do.

spoonbled said:
the only problem with Clinton is his age. He's 27 isnt he? I cant see him getting better with age like Webcke or petro seem to do.
i think he is 26

That's the peak age for a prop.

Wallace made out as if he's only gonna be at the Broncos for another year on the footy show last night. Or am I just paranoid?

mrslong said:
Wallace made out as if he's only gonna be at the Broncos for another year on the footy show last night. Or am I just paranoid?

It sounded a bit that way, didn't it.

But yes, we're just being paranoid. With Lockyer's assumed departure, there simply isn't any reason for the club not to offer him enough cash to keep him here. Unless some gifted 5/8 pops up out of nowhere, he'll be the main man for the Broncos.

yeh he didnt sound overly enthusiastic, but its too early to tell, guess we'll find out this time next year.

Active Now

• Tim K
  • Bish
  • Cavalo
  • Santa
  • Aldo
  • johnny plath
  • GCBRONCO
  • Behold
  • LockyersLeftBoot
  • Broncosgirl
  • HarryAllan7
  • IceWorks
  • Manifesto
  • Financeguy
  • MrTickyMcG
  • jarro65
  • mystico
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Dash
  • Gympie devil
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.