Bloody Wallace!!!

bigstim179 said:
Nashy said:
Now, Bennett needs to move Hunt to 5/8th

Did you watch last nights game. I though K offered very little in the 5/8 position apart from a few good tackles, which really isn't what the position is about.

And Thurston, Smith did??? Hunt did alot more than both.. Noone in the QLD team had the opportunity to attack.

bfoord said:
Major JW Hochstetter said:
Now we'll have to work hard on securing him long term, if possible, as he's only contracted until next season (correct?). This "go home" syndrome musn't be allowed to come into his thinking. He's on peanuts at the moment, but if he holds his position in the Blues side and plays a hand in a series victory for them, he's going have safes chock full of cash delievered to his front door. Perhaps the departure of Lockyer will help.

Have a listen to me, i'm worried already [icon_lol1. It's been that bloody long since we've had a decent halfback...

don't know if i would call about 180k peanuts eusa_think

That's exactly what its going to look like when his contract expires and the offers come flooding in (assuming his form doesn't fall away dramatically).

I remember a guy called Strapping Big Lad who used to post on the old site said when Wallace was first signed that he would be one of Brisbane's best ever signings. He was pretty much an unknown and playing reserves at Penrith at the time.
He also suggested that Wallace's deft passing game and craftiness would be just what we needed around the rucks to give us some guile. I think he also said that his ( Wallace's ) controlled kicking game ( which Lockyer does not have ) would give us lots of points and repeat sets.
He must be able to read the future or something.

I was filthy when NSW selected him cos I knew he'd have a game like this...all those non-Broncos NSW fans can now see why we rave about him. Everytime he goes to kick the ball he makes it look like he's got all the time in the world...even if Petero is charging down on him 1m away. Well done Wallace.

bfoord said:
[quote="Major JW Hochstetter":1j1r7p2y]Now we'll have to work hard on securing him long term, if possible, as he's only contracted until next season (correct?). This "go home" syndrome musn't be allowed to come into his thinking. He's on peanuts at the moment, but if he holds his position in the Blues side and plays a hand in a series victory for them, he's going have safes chock full of cash delievered to his front door. Perhaps the departure of Lockyer will help.

Have a listen to me, i'm worried already [icon_lol1. It's been that bloody long since we've had a decent halfback...

That's exactly what its going to look like when his contract expires and the offers come flooding in (assuming his form doesn't fall away dramatically).[/quote:1j1r7p2y]

The thing in our favour here, that will allow us to give him a significant upgrade is the fact that he is on contract for next year. and in all likelihood next year will be Lockyers last with us, so we will be able to use some of his money to upgrade Wallace. (not that i want Locky to leave at the end of next year)

Wallace is already as good as Joey according to the media. Super. (but he's better, cos at least he played half back in his first Origin....)

And according to the Sydney herald, Greg Bird is the next Wally Lewis...

bfoord said:
bfoord said:
[quote="Major JW Hochstetter":1mcahane]Now we'll have to work hard on securing him long term, if possible, as he's only contracted until next season (correct?). This "go home" syndrome musn't be allowed to come into his thinking. He's on peanuts at the moment, but if he holds his position in the Blues side and plays a hand in a series victory for them, he's going have safes chock full of cash delievered to his front door. Perhaps the departure of Lockyer will help.

That's exactly what its going to look like when his contract expires and the offers come flooding in (assuming his form doesn't fall away dramatically).

The thing in our favour here, that will allow us to give him a significant upgrade is the fact that he is on contract for next year. and in all likelihood next year will be Lockyers last with us, so we will be able to use some of his money to upgrade Wallace. (not that i want Locky to leave at the end of next year)[/quote:1mcahane]

Yep. As hard as its going to be when Lockyer moves on, that's one big positive we can take from it.

Emma said:

If this is the case the new Wally Lewis is absolutely crap in comparison to the first.

Bird won't rate in the top 1000 players to ever play the game let alone go down as the 5/8th of the century, he'd actually stuggle to get 5/8th of the week in a regular NRL comp.

NSW can have their new Wally Lewis.

Emma said:
Sadly I can see the similarities...Bird isn't fit to tie Wally's shoes, but he is the first 5/8th that has come along with a similar barn-storm style of play to the King. [icon_thumbs_do Pity he's a blew and a shark!!

mrslong said:
Emma said:
Sadly I can see the similarities...Bird isn't fit to tie Wally's shoes, but he is the first 5/8th that has come along with a similar barn-storm style of play to the King. [icon_thumbs_do Pity he's a blew and a shark!!
and a GRUB

Raw Boned Youngster said:
I remember a guy called Strapping Big Lad who used to post on the old site said when Wallace was first signed that he would be one of Brisbane's best ever signings. He was pretty much an unknown and playing reserves at Penrith at the time.
He also suggested that Wallace's deft passing game and craftiness would be just what we needed around the rucks to give us some guile. I think he also said that his ( Wallace's ) controlled kicking game ( which Lockyer does not have ) would give us lots of points and repeat sets.

I was actually trhinking that this morning, so are the tea leaves coming back SBL

Wallace played a brilliant game, and deserves all the wraps he gets. I was just praying everytime he got thumped in a tackle that he wouldn't be too hurt....we need him too!!

But yes very bittersweet, great for Wallace, bad for QLD! It's no fun having a bronco playing in a NSW side [icon_lol1.

Dexter said:
Raw Boned Youngster said:

I was actually trhinking that this morning, so are the tea leaves coming back SBL

Anyone with half a footy brain ould have seen that. He was actually playing first grade penrith when he signed, then was dropped to reserves because of it.

I've always seen Wallace as an awesome signing- he was playing 5/8th for Panthers but was a true blue half back his kicking game was unreal.

http://news.theage.com.au/sport/wallace ... -2h7i.html

NSW halfback Peter Wallace is the hottest property not on the open market after his rousing State of Origin debut enhanced his popularity among potential suitors.

Wallace is on a two-year $180,000-a-season deal with Brisbane and contrary to previous reports he is secured until the end of 2009 regardless of his shock Origin call-up.

A clause in the Bronco's contract says the club can offer him an upgrade or extension within 28 days of his Origin debut but the 22-year-old is not able to shop himself around the NRL and leave Brisbane before the end of 2009.

This hasn't deterred hungry NRL clubs though with up to six expressing keen interest with Wallace's manager Allan Gainey, including at least two in the past 24 hours.

We absolutely have to sign him up.

It's not as if he's in a purple patch, it's obvious for all to see that he has the natural talent to be one of the best in the game.

I still can't get over how good he is.

Sign him up right now! Stuff the 28 days.

If we muck around we are going to lose this absolute gem of a kid.

Wally is a player we can build our club around for the future!

Whats the bet that Penrith is one of the clubs wanting him? [icon_non :roll:

Roosters and the Dogs are probably on that list too, because they are just cashed up deluxe every year and seem to get the best talent available. [eusa_naugh [icon_non

As I have said previously I would be so cut if he left after we have given him such a great opportunity!

What kind of a clause is that? How do they come up with that stuff?

Active Now

• bert_lifts
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Alec
  • Porthoz
  • Johnny92
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Lozza
  • lynx000
  • Pablo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.