Boxing Day Test - Australia vs New Zealand

I found it more exciting and more of a let down when he was on strike. Glad he was there, because everyone knows what he can do. Disappointed, because they just do whatever they can to not do anything in a test.

T20 is where it's at for mine.

For purists, T20 is like the 9's and test cricket is like State of Origin.

I like both, but if you appreciate whatever elite means in each sport, test cricket is it. Plus you plan watching it around sitting around and drinking/eating/smoking/whatever - not moving. At work it must suck.

Patto is looking the goods but I’m not sure what’s going to happen when he hits his straps and starts dominating as a strike bowler, we have 4 world class bowlers and I cannot see Starc, Cummins or Hazlewood being replaced.
I think the best thing Patto could do is work hard on his batting and become a genuine all rounder

I don't watch replays of sports I love, so I certainly won't be watching that wanker playing cricket. I just honestly don't get it, I actually find the Sydney to Hobart more exciting, at least those guys are constantly working their ass off and doing what they do.

I love T20, and I mean, I don't hate one dayers, but honestly, what sick bastards are going to a stadium for 4 - 5 days to watch this in the heat?

He certainly is, but he was also a magician with the ball in hand. While in time I appreciated the McGraths, Gillespies etc, Warne was always the most exciting growing up, because he made things happen. Maybe not this over, maybe not for another 5, but he got you in the end, many times making you get yourself out. Test cricket is like that in general: much of it is a slow burn, as both sides value wickets much more than limited overs, and it’s a matter of who breaks first.

But the entire game can also change in an instant, with either a wicket or conversely a dropped catch or misfield going a long way to determining the match.

That’s why it’s so enjoyable.

Test cricket is still easily the best. ODIs, to keep with Sproj’s analogy, are like the WCC/internationals. They happen at the end of the summer/season, and no one really cares what happens unless it’s a World Cup.

You go there to sink a thousand beers, make beer snakes that are promptly confiscated by the fun police and hurl abuse at the fielders on the boundary. It’s actually worth it.

Haha this bowling attack is unreal. Cummins is lucky to bowl one loose ball each spell.

Yeah we have the best bowling attack in the world with the kiwis on all sorts of trouble so Paine puts Wade on for a over which gets hot for 14 lol

For various reasons I never thought we would see Cummins and Pattinson in the same side at the same time much. Jeez they are a good, aggressive pairing aren't they?

Why throw a spinner at Wagner now? Get some chin music going.

Why the **** didn’t we enforce the follow on?

Why the **** didn’t we enforce the follow on?

Qld guys said it gets better as you go, Qld only got 183 first innings then 306 second innings. Set Victoria 190 to win and got them for 130.

They'd be considering better batting and making sure NZ do another spell in the field not have two days off with Sydney starting straight away.

Rest our bowlers

rest our bowlers? They had only bowled 50 odd overs (about 30 today). An extra day at least of recovery would have been better rest imo.

rest our bowlers? They had only bowled 50 odd overs (about 30 today). An extra day at least of recovery would have been better rest imo.

Either way they are going to have to bowl another 100 overs or so to finish the game so they might as well have a rest in between. Taylor or Williamson could dig in as well which could have the bowlers bowling for a few days on top of the 80 overs that they already just did.

Awesome win by the boys, India your next !

I’d love to see this at some point

1.Warner
2.Burns
3.Labs
4.Simth
5.CAREY

6.Patto (when he becomes a genuine all rounder)

8.Cummins
9. Stars
10.Lyon

That could be a team for the ages

Awesome win by the boys, India your next !

I’d love to see this at some point

1.Warner
2.Burns
3.Labs
4.Simth
5.CAREY

6.Patto (when he becomes a genuine all rounder)

8.Cummins
9. Stars
10.Lyon

That could be a team for the ages

So we're dropping the 26 year old averaging 43 in tests for the 28 year old who averages 33 in First Class?

The team is pretty well spot on. I thought there was a small chance that Paine might finish up this summer but that's not gonna happen given how well he's playing. Maybe he goes until the 2021 Test Championship Final which Australia are firming for. The only other questionable is Wade, I think he deserved to be picked because you should be rewarded for two centuries in an English Ashes series where nearly all batsmen struggled. He hasn't been great but he's still contributed some handy knocks and until someone bangs the door down he should hold his spot. Other than that the team looks great.

Last edited:

Active Now

• Big Del
  • Xzei
  • theshed
  • Broncosgirl
  • Santa
  • Cavalo
  • GCBRONCO
  • Dash
  • Midean
  • Sproj
  • Adammacca
  • BruiserMk1
  • Gaz
  • IceWorks
  • FACTHUNT
  • johnny plath
  • westy316
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.