COMBAT Boxing / MMA Thread

Ppl saying she gassed hard and had covid a month ago or something.
That’s right, I totally forgot this fight was postponed due to nunes having covid. It might have been a factor.

Conor is rich because of his personality on top of all his wins, it's not like he is just some bum.

His personality is what gets people tuning in still, not his record.
Most other fighters would struggle for a Main Event having not won in 5 years, yet he will most likely continue to headline cards due to "What will Conor say next" and making Dana millions.

It's the sole reason he still draws a crowd - cue the Khabib and Mayweather matches where it garnered millions to watch despite everyone knowing the outcome.

I'm not shitting on him, he used to be a great fighter - it's just been a long time. His next fight really needs to be an average match up to get a W, as he's just not on the same level as the new/current crop.

Most other fighters would struggle for a Main Event having not won in 5 years, yet he will most likely continue to headline cards due to "What will Conor say next" and making Dana millions.

It's the sole reason he still draws a crowd - cue the Khabib and Mayweather matches where it garnered millions to watch despite everyone knowing the outcome.

I'm not shitting on him, he used to be a great fighter - it's just been a long time. His next fight really needs to be an average match up to get a W, as he's just not on the same level as the new/current crop.
At this point i dont see him going past the last few fights on his contract,think he is about making them big $$$ fights then likely move onto freak fights like what has been going on with triller in boxing.

He definitely shouldn't be fighting anyone in the top 5. Should be fighting Diaz or Tony Ferg.

I was so tempted to put money on Pena, just had this gut feeling she would win. Then i forgot all about it and never did.

Diaz smokes him now I think, especially if they do it at 170.
I think Diaz will Homer Simpson it into the 3rd+ round and then get the win. He won't be able to speak by the time he is 40, and dead by 50.

Probably why I forgot it was on.

Give me Colby/Conor/Askren over Oliveira/Poirier
Besides Colby who deserves respect as he is top fighter in his division, the other two you just mentioned are either way past it (McGregor should have retired 3 years ago) or never had it to begin with (Askrens sole highlight in mma is taking a knee to the head off Masvidal)

Nunes losing whilst is a major shock but is actually really good for the women's UFC. It opens the division up now

Besides Colby who deserves respect as he is top fighter in his division, the other two you just mentioned are either way past it (McGregor should have retired 3 years ago) or never had it to begin with (Askrens sole highlight in mma is taking a knee to the head off Masvidal)
Askren was a world champion in multiple organisations outside of the UFC. If he joined UFC in his prime, he would have been a title contender, and most likely a champion.

Askren was a world champion in multiple organisations outside of the UFC. If he joined UFC in his prime, he would have been a title contender, and most likely a champion.
ONE and Bellator are hardly ones to write home about especially 10 years ago. Fact is, if Askren was as good as he makes out to be, he would have been cashing in on the UFC money where he would have made a shit ton more than Bellator and ONE. He isn't like Fedor and was in Europe fighting all the time.

ONE and Bellator are hardly ones to write home about especially 10 years ago. Fact is, if Askren was as good as he makes out to be, he would have been cashing in on the UFC money where he would have made a shit ton more than Bellator and ONE. He isn't like Fedor and was in Europe fighting all the time.
No, Dana White didn't sign him because he is a boring fighter. He got brought in eventually because he started talking shit more publicly, and the UFC wanted to get rid of DJ, because he was also boring and in a weight class nobody cares about. Surely you realise that Bellator/One pay more money to their fighters than majority of the people in the UFC. Obviously the biggest stars are getting huge unmatched dollars in the UFC, but your other guys who leave UFC get massive pay bumps when leaving to join rival organizations like Bellator/BKFC/One etc

Conor isnt way past it. He's only 33 and should be in his prime really. His issue is he has lost his focus and has got distracted with boxing and getting filthy rich. He's more than capable of getting back to the top, but i doubt he will because i dont think he is willing to take a step back and work his way back to the top level. He's fought so little in MMA for years now its going to be difficult to justify just throwing him back in to the top level talk. He wasnt great in his second fight aginst Poirier, but the third fight i'm kind of discounting even though he did lose because it was just a freak injury.

The big issue i'm seeing with Conor is what weight is he going to be fighting at. If he stays at lightweight, i think somebody like Dan Hooker or dos Anjos make sense to see where he is at. Both good fighters but not great ones. He's got to be bulking up for a reason though you would think.

Fedor hardly fighting top fighters in europe either tbh
Randleman and coleman probably his best wins

Fedor hardly fighting top fighters in europe either tbh
Randleman and coleman probably his best wins
Big Nog , Cro Cop . Where bigger . I don`t rate Randleman and Coleman was past his prime once head buts were disallowed .

Nunes losing whilst is a major shock but is actually really good for the women's UFC. It opens the division up now
Same goes for Israel adesanya. Hopefully Whitaker can beat him in the rematch.

Will Tyron Woodley beat Jake Paul this time?

Active Now

• Midean
  • Mustafur
  • Lurker
  • Broncorob
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.