COMBAT Boxing / MMA Thread

Same goes for Israel adesanya. Hopefully Whitaker can beat him in the rematch.
I think Bobby Knuckles will do that too. He has shown in numerous fights he can change his style up and adapt to certain fights. I think he will wrestle him a lot more this time around especially after seeing the way Jan dominated Adesanya on the ground.

Tumblr meeojfTIFX1qfbfqro1 400

Fav woodley moment

No
Woodley is a wrestler. Jake Paul picked him as an opponent for a good reason.
Shows how smart the Paul guys are in terms of building their brand and entertainment. You have to pick well, getting knocked out isn't good for your brand

Paul Gallen - "Whether it's No Limit refusing to or (Lussick) refusing to, it's not going to happen. So it's at a point now where I've just got to switch on to the fight - I feel like I've been complaining for months."

Months?

Try years Paul ...years! :rofl

Big KO by Paul. He can certainly punch, but they both look like amateurs in that fight. Its like watching two drunk blokes wildly swing at each other with their eyes closed. 4 rounds in they were both gassed. Any half competent boxer would pick either of these blokes apart.

Man, i still think something stinks with these Jake Paul fights. Woodley had him in trouble then backed off.
Woodley doesn't seem like a boxer at all. Isn't cold blooded enough.

That was a shit fight except for one punch realistically.

Woodley doesn't seem like a boxer at all. Isn't cold blooded enough.

That was a shit fight except for one punch realistically.
It was so poor. No technical ability. I think Wilder has better footwork than Paul.

Paul does what he does well. He has to know he cant box, but he's creating hype and making money from it. He''s calling out blokes now like Diaz and Masvidal, both 75/77 kg fighters ( not boxers either ) for fights. Paul is cruiserweight, so up around that 90kg mark i'd think. He wont go anywhere near a real, established boxer. If he was as interested in proving himself as he says he is why not look at somebody like Badou Jack. Not a young fighter, but still a decent cruiser weight. He could even try to show the world he isnt all mouth by looking at Tommy Mccarthy. We all know he wont though. He will never get any respect while he fights washed up MMA fighters.

Tommy fury couldve beaten Jake, would've been a better test for Jake. But clearly fury is a bitch.

That right hand pretty much saved Jake Paul's boxing career imo, at least interest in it. It was a crap fight, not many actual decent punches thrown so he needed to ko Woodley to keep generating interest.

Props for him for creating so much interest in boxing from the youths of today but yehh..

Apparently Jake Paul proved his doubters wrong by knocking out Woodley. That's all I'm seeing over social media.

**** off. He knocked out an MMA fighter in a boxing match. Paul was bad and any other professional boxer that's actually good would have killed him.

Apparently Jake Paul proved his doubters wrong by knocking out Woodley. That's all I'm seeing over social media.

**** off. He knocked out an MMA fighter in a boxing match. Paul was bad and any other professional boxer that's actually good would have killed him.
And an aging, much smaller MMA fighter at that.

It was funny though when Woodley picked him up though and almost dropped him on his head.

I hope Hodgo doesn't get embarrassed this Wednesday, despite being one of my all time favourite players he just hasn't shown me he can offer much in the ring.

Rossdog will have the stamina and power advantage, and I expect pretty quick hands, Hodgo will need a KO to win I'd say.

I don't know a single person paying top dollar for a 3x2 round main event though.

I hope Hodgo doesn't get embarrassed this Wednesday, despite being one of my all time favourite players he just hasn't shown me he can offer much in the ring.

Rossdog will have the stamina and power advantage, and I expect pretty quick hands, Hodgo will need a KO to win I'd say.

I don't know a single person paying top dollar for a 3x2 round main event though.
He had such an invincible demeanour on the field. Hopefully all that sledging he did wasn’t just a way for him to hide from actually getting punched.

Apart from the ring announcer saying he was an NRL star for the Brisbane Broncos and South Sydney Rabbitohs, we got the outcome with Hodgo managing to get a win!!

I personally would've given it a draw with Ross coming out firing the first two, then Hodgo started to pick him apart a little better but both were gassed.

Scrappy fight but entertaining with a few big swings, Hodgo should retire on the win.

Even in defeat and after all the smack Leilua spoke of him, Heighno shows what a champion he is.

Wow, Lussick was winning the first 1.5 rounds of that fight and had Gal on the ropes, but decided to try and finish him.

Stupid move, Lussick could of really won on points and won by decision if he held back and boxed - Gal didn't know what was hitting him that first round a half.

Darcy, if Mark Hunt couldn't knock Gal out and it took 33 minutes of punches from Justis Huni to do the job, you're not going to do it in 6 minutes mate.

Jake Paul calling out all these names really makes me laugh. He will never get any kind of credibility until he fights boxer who are actual cruiserweights like himself. Seemingly chasing Chavez Jnr now, who is a middleweight.

Active Now

• bazza
  • Spoon
  • Harry Sack
  • Broncosgirl
  • Johnny92
  • Galah
  • winslow_wong
  • Mustafur
  • Skyblues87
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.