NEWS Boyd admits he is not ready for Origin

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Boydd 1832201

State of Origin 2018: Darius Boyd admits his current form means he may not be selected for Origin I

May 1, 2018

Source: Daily Telegraph

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry Darius good know form doesn’t deserve it but seriously ‘don’t care why I’m picked’. This is the attitude why he is still broncs fullback and why he needs a good reality check, preferably in reserve grade for a few weeks until he proves he is fully stretching out.

Need a month of top form to even be worth considering for origin barring a few injuries.

Sorry Darius good know form doesn’t deserve it but seriously ‘don’t care why I’m picked’. This is the attitude why he is still broncs fullback and why he needs a good reality check, preferably in reserve grade for a few weeks until he proves he is fully stretching out.

Need a month of top form to even be worth considering for origin barring a few injuries.
I think you're being harsh. No one would care for the reasons one is selected in arguably the most prestigious league side in current times.

Not everyone is a Brad thorn. (I love you thorny)

I think he will be picked. He is part of the best left side combination on origin history. I feel Kevvie will give him the chance, it's up to him to take it

I think he will be picked. He is part of the best left side combination on origin history. I feel Kevvie will give him the chance, it's up to him to take it

As Mr XXXX said he is barely making it in first grade at the moment.

As Mr XXXX said he is barely making it in first grade at the moment.

even if that is true, which it isn't IMO ... first grade form for long term incumbents, has rarely been a a factor on their possible selection for QLD

even if that is true, which it isn't IMO ... first grade form for long term incumbents, has rarely been a a factor on their possible selection for QLD
And it is true, which is my IMHO, because selecting Slater at FB for game 2 and 3 last year which was the 100% the right decision despite Boyd being selected in game 1.....

And it is true, which is my IMHO, because selecting Slater at FB for game 2 and 3 last year which was the 100% the right decision despite Boyd being selected in game 1.....

so Slater being selected at fullback ahead of Boyd in game 2 last year, is proof that Boyd is barely first grade standard this year?

going by that theory, there must be only one first grade standard fullback eligible for QLD then

so Slater being selected at fullback ahead of Boyd in game 2 last year, is proof that Boyd is barely first grade standard this year?

going by that theory, there must be only one first grade standard fullback eligible for QLD then
You think that if we had Boyd at FB in game 2 and 3 we would have won?

You think that if we had Boyd at FB in game 2 and 3 we would have won?

you're post wasn't comparing Slater and Boyd at fullback in Origin one ... it was agreeing that Boyd is barely first grade standard, and the "evidence" you used to back up you claim was that he was replaced by Slater in Origin Two.

IMO, Boyd at fullback was not even close to the reason we lost the first origin last year ... and it was Hayne not Slater that gave us the win in Origin Two ( a game Boyd also played in, and played well before injury).

you're post wasn't comparing Slater and Boyd at fullback in Origin one ... it was agreeing that Boyd is barely first grade standard, and the "evidence" you used to back up you claim was that he was replaced by Slater in Origin Two.

IMO, Boyd at fullback was not even close to the reason we lost the first origin last year ... and it was Hayne not Slater that gave us the win in Origin Two ( a game Boyd also played in, and played well before injury).

IMO Boyd being selected at fullback was one of many reasons that we got flogged by a record amount at Lang Park. I was actually for Boyd being selected at FB and for the other selections due to the pick and stick process we have successfully employed for the last decade or more. But after game 1 it was clear we needed change and it happened and we had success due to it.

This year IMO we need to drop more dead wood and bring in fresh meat like Ponga.

IMO Boyd being selected at fullback was one of many reasons that we got flogged by a record amount at Lang Park. I was actually for Boyd being selected at FB and for the other selections due to the pick and stick process we have successfully employed for the last decade or more. But after game 1 it was clear we needed change and it happened and we had success due to it.

This year IMO we need to drop more dead wood and bring in fresh meat like Ponga.

Oates is more of a winger than Ponga

My post was agreeing with someone who said that Boyd was shit at fullback atm. You think that Boyd should be named FB for QLD?

I agree with this and would also like to see Arrow blooded at some stage.

It looks like Arrow will be blooded in Game 1 going on the reports coming out lately.

I'm one of the people that doesn't agree with it, because the lack of experience can be a massive liability on the Origin arena, but I guess it's slim pickings at the moment with McGuire and Gillett out and Thaiday not in the frame.

NSW really have it over us in the forwards this year.

I don't think Slater would have even made a difference in Game 1.

We were completely dominated in all aspects of the game.

I can't see Holmes being picked.

The reports coming out earlier on in the year revealed he was under pressure to keep his spot, Kevvie was putting him on notice and he hasn't exactly responded. He has been very rocks and diamonds this year.

But so has Oates. He had a great performance against the Warriors, backed it up the following week with a mixed bag against the Storm and then had a great performance against the Rabbitohs.

I can see Boyd being picked on the wing.

You could argue Boyd's form has been bad, as well. But the difference with Boyd is that he has been in that side for years and you would be hard pressed finding more than one bad performance.

If we are looking to be outgunned in the forwards, then selecting Oates on the wing is an absolute must IMO. Oates and Gagai all the way.

Unread

Active Now

• KateBroncos1812
  • Battler
  • I bleed Maroon
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.