RUMOUR Boyd and McCullough told to look elsewhere

Farnworth looked instantly NRL ready. He could easily replace one of them. Though I don’t necessarily agree that we need to move on Oates. I do think he has done a lot of damage to his asking price though.

Experience will be an issue if we do indeed give Boyd and McCullough the flick. I don't think we need to throw the baby out with the bathwater.

With Turpin at hooker where belongs, Milf at 1, Dearden at 7 we are a topline halves player away from having a great spine. I don't think Bird is the answer at all, Croft would suit our needs right now and slot in well, I would even consider Croft and Sezer being signed, but I think Dearden has enormous potential with the right 6 beside him.

It's simple for Boyd, if he doesn't walk away you put him in Qcup and tell him to never show his face at Red Hill again. We can carry his contract for a year and then use the 700k to upgrade Fifi when he's off contract. If the club gives him 15 games next year the horror will continue.

EDIT: make it clear without saying it out loud that that's him done at the Broncos for life. No post-career career at the club on a few hundred thousand, no nothing. Just a season languishing in Qcup in shame.

Even the Dogs had the nuts to do it with Eastwood.

Last edited:
well i just checked and the best 4 fullbacks in the comp are all at Melbourne so...

What ever happened to Oates running diagonally infield to take a short pass from Milf at first receiver when we are 10 metres out..?...remember that set play..?

Yeh well...kinda tells me why Milf needs to be at 6..?

well i just checked and the best 4 fullbacks in the comp are all at Melbourne so...

What ever happened to Oates running diagonally infield to take a short pass from Milf at first receiver when we are 10 metres out..?...remember that set play..?

Yeh well...kinda tells me why Milf needs to be at 6..?

Tedesco and Turbo Tom moving to Melbourne?

Oates has had a rough end to the year but we need to keep him, I think with decent halves he and the other outside backs get better opportunities to shine.

I wouldn't give up on MILF just yet but move him back to 6 next year and tell him this is his make or break year.

Last edited:
Oates has had a rough end to the year but we need to keep him I think with decent halves he and the other outside backs get better opportunities to shine.

I wouldn't give up on MILF just yet but move him back to 6 next year and tell him this is his make or break year.

I am honestly sick to death of Milf and his continual bumbling and fumbling around on the 5th tackle. How many chances or warnings does he need. I really think he is going to be one of those fellas we read about in the years to come who had all the talent and potential in the world, but for one reason or another, this talent was never realised.

He's just lazy, doesn't go that extra mile and really just sooks about too much for someone on his paypacket.

Oates has had a rough end to the year but we need to keep him, I think with decent halves he and the other outside backs get better opportunities to shine.

Getting a bit tired of Oates flaming out after origin year in year out.
If he cant handle origin, then don't fucking play it.

I am honestly sick to death of Milf and his continual bumbling and fumbling around on the 5th tackle. How many chances or warnings does he need. I really think he is going to be one of those fellas we read about in the years to come who had all the talent and potential in the world, but for one reason or another, this talent was never realised.

He's just lazy, doesn't go that extra mile and really just sooks about too much for someone on his paypacket.
I really don't get the hate for milford. He's usually the one who gets us out of trouble. Sure he hasn't lived up to the $1m a season, but I don't think many would given the other 3 members of the spine. Some of the tries he scores and the passes / kicks he does have saved us.

For me, if we are looking at people letting us down in the effort and execution areas of the game, I think Boyd, Oates, Offa, Gillett are more notable issues this season.

We signed Jesse Arthars so surely he’s in the plans for next year? Could we experiment with him at fullback?

1. Jesse Arthars
6. Anthony Milford
7. Thomas Dearden
9. Jake Turpin

Getting a bit tired of Oates flaming out after origin year in year out.
If he cant handle origin, then don't fucking play it.
Yeah im completely off Oates now to be honest. He has this belief he is one of the games premier wingers, but i don't put him in the same ball park as Fergo, Sivo, Addo-Carr, Vunivalu, Mamaulo, Fusitua. He's not that quick, probably one of the worst in the comp under bombs, and not that agile. Definitely not worth $600k... I think Sivo is the best winger at the moment, then probably Fergo. Rapana on his day is up there, so too vunivalu etc. I just think they are all more complete than Oates. If he could catch bombs and score off bombs then sure, but he just doesn't. I don't recall many times lately where he has created something from nothing, but these other blokes seem to do it regularly.

I really don't get the hate for milford. He's usually the one who gets us out of trouble. Sure he hasn't lived up to the $1m a season, but I don't think many would given the other 3 members of the spine. Some of the tries he scores and the passes / kicks he does have saved us.

For me, if we are looking at people letting us down in the effort and execution areas of the game, I think Boyd, Oates, Offa, Gillett are more notable issues this season.
In defence of milf and some of the stuffed tackle 5 options, there is absolutely no doubt who is kicking ball in our team so the runners go directly for him.

Most teams drop a secondary kicker back to receive the ball if the primary kicker is rushed and cant get a kick away. At no point were turps of boyd back there with him.

We signed Jesse Arthars so surely he’s in the plans for next year? Could we experiment with him at fullback?

1. Jesse Arthars
6. Anthony Milford
7. Thomas Dearden
9. Jake Turpin
I haven't seen enough of Jesse to really comment. The limited stuff I have seen, he seems pretty skinny. Perhaps fullback would be a good spot as opposed to defending in the line. TBH we just want a Clint Gutherson type player. Average-ish ability, but shows more effort than most and always there in support.

Yeah , Oates deserves another chance but he's turned into a one trick pony. He needs to get better because boyd isn't feeding him anymore. I'm actually thinking that I would give isaako a shot at one, he just needs to make meters and be on the ball. His passing game will come, it's not like fullbacks these days do a heap of ball playing. He also has the work ethic that can make him better, he did well in qcup with this style of play.
Yes, I think a bit more patience with Isaako is warranted. 2nd year and personal issues mitigate somewhat but if up and down form continues then we may need to rethink. Oates still has value bringing the ball back. I would see if we could get Bird off the books. I think Perese, Coates, and Farnworth provide good cover.

Last edited:

I just think that based on what Milf showed in 2015, he could have become a long term captain and legend of this club. I can't put my finger on it, but he is just lacking something, maybe it is mental fortitude, I don't know. I just feel it is time to cut ties with him in the best interests of both parties. It's like his last 4 years have been a complete and utter waste.

Last edited:
Forgot about Arthars. He is potentially an option there

Last edited:
I haven't seen enough of Jesse to really comment. The limited stuff I have seen, he seems pretty skinny. Perhaps fullback would be a good spot as opposed to defending in the line. TBH we just want a Clint Gutherson type player. Average-ish ability, but shows more effort than most and always there in support.
He strikes me as a kahu type of player. Not really excelling in one area or another. Can we afford that type of player in the spine?

Active Now

• unnerv1ng
  • Culhwch
  • Broncosgirl
  • BroncosAlways
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Justwin
  • Organix
  • Mr Fourex
  • Sproj
  • Jedhead
  • broncos4life
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Johnny92
  • Tim K
  • winslow_wong
  • Galah
  • Foordy
  • Harry Sack
  • Hoof Hearted
  • RolledOates
... and 11 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.