RUMOUR Boyd and McCullough told to look elsewhere

Marty Deutschmann

NRL Player
I've said this many times: on paper, Milford should be the no-brainer choice. He might be the best player, but he's not a leader. He's not the right player for the club right now. We should try to find him a more loving home.

I think we'd have been better off offloading him to the Warriors rather than Kodi.
Now I've seen it all

dazzat99

NYC Player
Yep - guaranteed to be click bait - just speculation dressed up as fact.

I thought McCullough played half OK toward the end of the season - only because the pressure was on with Turpin and Segs pushing.

ivanhungryjak

State of Origin Rep
Suncorp Stadium
I just think that based on what Milf showed in 2015, he could have become a long term captain and legend of this club. I can't put my finger on it, but he is just lacking something, maybe it is mental fortitude, I don't know. I just feel it is time to cut ties with him in the best interests of both parties. It's like his last 4 years have been a complete and utter waste.
How about we put the poor little prick at 6 and not make him play fullback, cover for 6 and half a halfback, all at the same time.

McHunt

NRL Captain
Sunshine Coast
Yep - guaranteed to be click bait - just speculation dressed up as fact. I thought McCullough played half OK toward the end of the season - only because the pressure was on with Turpin and Segs pushing.
I thought he rubbed his greasy bum all over the backline to the point where they looked as bad, if not worse, than him.
Post automatically merged:

How about we put the poor little prick at 6 and not make him play fullback, cover for 6 and half a halfback, all at the same time.
Because he wasn't good enough to hold his position at 6. Let's be brutally honest: he wasn't good enough in either position. Just like Kodi wasn't good enough at 7.

Kodi, on the other hand, would be brilliant off the bench.

Last edited:

upthebroncs

NRL Player
I thought he rubbed his greasy bum all over the backline to the point where they looked as bad, if not worse, than him.

Because he wasn't good enough to hold his position at 6. Let's be brutally honest: he wasn't good enough in either position. Just like Kodi wasn't good enough at 7.

We’ve always known that Milford is more of a “cherry on top” kind of player.

This is why Bellamy was wanting to play him at 6 with the rest of the spine being Slater, Cronk and Smith.

Financeguy

QCup Player
Yep - guaranteed to be click bait - just speculation dressed up as fact.

I thought McCullough played half OK toward the end of the season - only because the pressure was on with Turpin and Segs pushing.
We need a lot better than playing "half ok" in the hooker position. His air swing on the 5th tackle when caught with the ball realising there was no one to pass to and he had to kick will hopefully be the fitting last memory i have of McCullough playing for the Broncos.

ivanhungryjak

State of Origin Rep
Suncorp Stadium

No, he wasn't good enough to be 6 AND a 7. The switch just made it worse. How do you think Milf at 6 would go beside say Cronk or Reynolds? I'd say he'd do alright.

Footy Fanatic

QCup Player
Andrew McCullough is truly a special player.

Special, in that he has managed to play 260 NRL games, and 3 NRL games for Queensland, without being any form of running threat or able to hit a man on the chest with the ball.

Very special, indeed.
I'd say he has an elite mentality to maintaining a standard of mediocrity for such a long period of time.

Alec

International Rep
I think Seibold more or less confirmed that he knows that Boyd and Macca are some of the big issues we have. He said during the post match conference how everyone knows what's wrong - and everyone bags out those 2 more than anyone else.

pagey

NRL Captain
Yeah, but your original point was that he wouldn't come because he's a Sydney boy, so I'm asking why that would preclude him from Brisbane but not Melbourne?
Thought it was self explanatory, so you can work with the number one player/ coach. Add to that he probably gets to work with Slater. Bit different to coming up to Brisbane.

Purple Pills

QCup Player
On the captaincy issue, if we can move on Gillett and Glenn doesn’t stay on, why couldn’t we use that money to bring back Jai Arrow? He would walk into the captaincy role without anyone batting an eyelid and at least he has played for the club previously.

Last edited:

winslow_wong

International Rep
bris
I think Seibold more or less confirmed that he knows that Boyd and Macca are some of the big issues we have. He said during the post match conference how everyone knows what's wrong - and everyone bags out those 2 more than anyone else.
Which makes no sense why Macca was rushed straight back into the team after his injury. We were building nicely at that stage and even beat the roosters. Then to persist with turpin at halfback..... Explain that shit seibass....

Stix

NRL Player
RTS has two years to go on his contract.
Warriors have a hard on for Broncos, who could be offer up for a player trade???

FaithinHook

NRL Player
RTS has two years to go on his contract.
Warriors have a hard on for Broncos, who could be offer up for a player trade???
Just for shits and giggles, would anyone be in favour of a straight swap of Fifita for RTS? We get that strong running, elusive fullback we so badly need right now.

Last edited:

Stix

NRL Player
Boyd lol. You should have said be realistic.
Yep, should have...lol
It’s a wonder this wasn’t discussed with the Warriors at some point. They were chasing half of our squad at one time or another this year. Imagine Roger running off our pack!!

Just for shits and giggles, would anyone be in favour of a straight swap of Fifita for RTS? We get that strong running, elusive fullback we so badly need right now.
He’s who I was thinking... ****, I’d chuck in Isaako to sweeten the deal!

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.