RUMOUR Boyd and McCullough told to look elsewhere

He strikes me as a kahu type of player. Not really excelling in one area or another. Can we afford that type of player in the spine?
I think Clint Gutherson shows that the most valuable attribute of a fullback is effort. I think most would class him in the top 5 fullbacks at the moment? Behind Teddy, Turbo, RTS? He isn't that fast, isn't that strong, but is almost always there in support. He is just everywhere. I'd love to see his distance travelled. I think you just need a fullback who is super duper fit and actually has the effort and desire to do well. Sure amazing footwork and speed etc helps, but I don't think we have had a high energy fullback since Karmichael Hunt... Hodges in his games there was good, but due to his body he was often in and out of games.

Craig Bellamy, cam Smith , Melbourne storm ..... answer your question.
Yeah, but your original point was that he wouldn't come because he's a Sydney boy, so I'm asking why that would preclude him from Brisbane but not Melbourne?

I haven't seen enough of Jesse to really comment. The limited stuff I have seen, he seems pretty skinny. Perhaps fullback would be a good spot as opposed to defending in the line. TBH we just want a Clint Gutherson type player. Average-ish ability, but shows more effort than most and always there in support.

That player you just described is named Corey Thompson. I believe he is off contract.

He strikes me as a kahu type of player. Not really excelling in one area or another. Can we afford that type of player in the spine?

He is much more exciting than Kahu. Has great footwork and can bust tackles with ease. If he played the whole NRL season at centre he’d be near the top for tackle busts.

I just think that based on what Milf showed in 2015, he could have become a long term captain and legend of this club. I can't put my finger on it, but he is just lacking something, maybe it is mental fortitude, I don't know. I just feel it is time to cut ties with him in the best interests of both parties. It's like his last 4 years have been a complete and utter waste.
I've said this many times: on paper, Milford should be the no-brainer choice. He might be the best player, but he's not a leader. He's not the right player for the club right now. We should try to find him a more loving home.

I think we'd have been better off offloading him to the Warriors rather than Kodi.

Last edited:
I've said this many times: on paper, Milford should be the no-brainer choice. He might be the best player, but he's not a leader. He's not the right player for the club right now. We should try to find him a more loving home.

I think we'd have been better off offloading him to the Warriors rather than Kodi.
Now I've seen it all

Yep - guaranteed to be click bait - just speculation dressed up as fact.

I thought McCullough played half OK toward the end of the season - only because the pressure was on with Turpin and Segs pushing.

I just think that based on what Milf showed in 2015, he could have become a long term captain and legend of this club. I can't put my finger on it, but he is just lacking something, maybe it is mental fortitude, I don't know. I just feel it is time to cut ties with him in the best interests of both parties. It's like his last 4 years have been a complete and utter waste.
How about we put the poor little prick at 6 and not make him play fullback, cover for 6 and half a halfback, all at the same time.

Yep - guaranteed to be click bait - just speculation dressed up as fact. I thought McCullough played half OK toward the end of the season - only because the pressure was on with Turpin and Segs pushing.
I thought he rubbed his greasy bum all over the backline to the point where they looked as bad, if not worse, than him.
[automerge]1568693761[/automerge]
How about we put the poor little prick at 6 and not make him play fullback, cover for 6 and half a halfback, all at the same time.
Because he wasn't good enough to hold his position at 6. Let's be brutally honest: he wasn't good enough in either position. Just like Kodi wasn't good enough at 7.

Kodi, on the other hand, would be brilliant off the bench.

Last edited:
I thought he rubbed his greasy bum all over the backline to the point where they looked as bad, if not worse, than him.

Because he wasn't good enough to hold his position at 6. Let's be brutally honest: he wasn't good enough in either position. Just like Kodi wasn't good enough at 7.

We’ve always known that Milford is more of a “cherry on top” kind of player.

This is why Bellamy was wanting to play him at 6 with the rest of the spine being Slater, Cronk and Smith.

Yep - guaranteed to be click bait - just speculation dressed up as fact.

I thought McCullough played half OK toward the end of the season - only because the pressure was on with Turpin and Segs pushing.

We need a lot better than playing "half ok" in the hooker position. His air swing on the 5th tackle when caught with the ball realising there was no one to pass to and he had to kick will hopefully be the fitting last memory i have of McCullough playing for the Broncos.

No, he wasn't good enough to be 6 AND a 7. The switch just made it worse. How do you think Milf at 6 would go beside say Cronk or Reynolds? I'd say he'd do alright.

No, he wasn't good enough to be 6 AND a 7. The switch just made it worse. How do you think Milf at 6 would go beside say Cronk or Reynolds? I'd say he'd do alright.
Probably, but I'm over waiting for Milf to blossom. We have too much money wrapped up in a player who's good, but not quite good enough. Milf has to be our Cronk. That's the problem.

Andrew McCullough is truly a special player.

Special, in that he has managed to play 260 NRL games, and 3 NRL games for Queensland, without being any form of running threat or able to hit a man on the chest with the ball.

Very special, indeed.

Andrew McCullough is truly a special player.

Special, in that he has managed to play 260 NRL games, and 3 NRL games for Queensland, without being any form of running threat or able to hit a man on the chest with the ball.

Very special, indeed.

I'd say he has an elite mentality to maintaining a standard of mediocrity for such a long period of time.

He's the Todd Lowrie of Hookers, and somehow he managed to cling on to the one club for his whole career. Like an extremely stubborn tick.

Last edited:
I think Seibold more or less confirmed that he knows that Boyd and Macca are some of the big issues we have. He said during the post match conference how everyone knows what's wrong - and everyone bags out those 2 more than anyone else.

Yeah, but your original point was that he wouldn't come because he's a Sydney boy, so I'm asking why that would preclude him from Brisbane but not Melbourne?
Thought it was self explanatory, so you can work with the number one player/ coach. Add to that he probably gets to work with Slater. Bit different to coming up to Brisbane.

Active Now

• Dash
  • Midean
  • Broncosgirl
  • Sproj
  • Cavalo
  • Adammacca
  • BruiserMk1
  • Gaz
  • IceWorks
  • FACTHUNT
  • johnny plath
  • westy316
  • Xzei
  • Matheos
  • KateBroncos1812
  • winslow_wong
  • Santa
  • Broncorob
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.