Boyd can fire for Broncos at wing or centre: Hodges

I would like to know how based on the past 3 seasons Boyd is better at 1-5 from any of our current playing group - and without hurting the development of the playing group. At all positions there is someone better or more worthwhile.

Leftrightout it is unfortunately. Keep him on the shelf as spare parts for when someone gets an injury and that's it.

Last edited:
Putting Darius on the wing would mean isaako misses out. That is taking 10 steps backwards in my opinion.

not if Isaako is switched to fullback ... which i'm still not convinced of ...

If Milf is going back to 6 then I would moved Bird to the back, Boyd at center, if and only if Farnworth is not ready for full time NRL yet

not if Isaako is switched to fullback ... which i'm still not convinced of ...

If Milf is going back to 6 then I would moved Bird to the back, Boyd at center, if and only if Farnworth is not ready for full time NRL yet

Ye na, Boyd will be a turnstile with gumboot on at centre.

Bird and Staggs with TPJ, Glenn, Fifi and Carrigan on the inside is much much stronger.

Boyd will last a game or 2 at centre. He will be the easiest player on the team to get on the outside of. Centre is a very important position defensively.

I really hate this bullshit notion that players "deserve to go out on their own terms". No you don't. Perform and you're in the team. Don't and the decision will be made for you.
Exactly. "His terms" seems to be him taking a knee. And throwing his arms in the air instead of tackling a guy.

He goes.
Do you need it though? Do you need need someone that has "experience" even though they are the laughing stock of the competition every week? I'd rather the the club just move on tbh, the gains to be had from Boyd range from minuscule to non-existent...
Yeah, only thing he's taught guys to do the last two years is how to lose. How to have a shit attitude and how if it isn't going your way, oh well, it's only footy

Exactly. "His terms" seems to be him taking a knee. And throwing his arms in the air instead of tackling a guy.

He goes.Yeah, only thing he's taught guys to do the last two years is how to lose. How to have a shit attitude and how if it isn't going your way, oh well, it's only footy

Well he can use his ‘experience’ and go and eat grass at Wynnum Manly with his mate Lachlan Maranta in 2020

Boyd is returning to training next week? Was he injured or something? I thought non-rep players started a while ago.

Probably trying to get the club to pay him out

I would like to know how based on the past 3 seasons Boyd is better at 1-5 from any of our current playing group - and without hurting the development of the playing group. At all positions there is someone better or more worthwhile.

Leftrightout it is unfortunately. Keep him on the shelf as spare parts for when someone gets an injury and that's it.
Isaako was by far our worst player last year. Therefore Boyd was better than at least one of our current 1-5 in2019. Boyd might have missed a few tackles and was mostly ineffective, but Isaako gave the ball to the opposition in our own 20 regularly, came off his wing at every opportunity, dropped numerous bombs (Even the easy ones) and basically handed the opposition the ball when he's try make metres from our own half. This isn't me supporting Boyd, this is simply me correcting an incorrect statement.

He goes.Yeah, only thing he's taught guys to do the last two years is how to lose. How to have a shit attitude and how if it isn't going your way, oh well, it's only footy
Why do I always have to be this guy? Are you just going to forget the tackles he made in the front line? Like they didn't happen at all? He is actually a fairly decent defender in the front line and anyone saying otherwise is flat out wrong. Again, not supporting Boyd, just don't think the statements being made are correct.

Isaako was by far our worst player last year.

Disagree completely. Isaako is the first picked out of those 2 in wing, fullback position without even acknowledging goal kicking needs.

Isaako had dick fingers, and missed some sitters but he provided so much more offensive spark then Boyd. Isaako had more magic moments than Boyd easily.

Why do I always have to be this guy? Are you just going to forget the tackles he made in the front line? Like they didn't happen at all? He is actually a fairly decent defender in the front line and anyone saying otherwise is flat out wrong. Again, not supporting Boyd, just don't think the statements being made are correct.

His statements but partly incorrect and extremely biased but a lot of it wasn’t wrong to be fair.

Disagree completely. Isaako is the first picked out of those 2 in wing, fullback position without even acknowledging goal kicking needs.

Isaako had dick fingers, and missed some sitters but he provided so much more offensive spark then Boyd. Isaako had more magic moments than Boyd easily.

He did in his rookie season, not so much last year. But yeah, Isaako wasn’t the worst ‘by far’. At worst, it is debatable who was worse out of Boyd, Isaako, Shibasaki and latter season Oates.

In fact, no one could have been worse than Gehemat Manihera Shibasucky (it’s caught on)

Isaako was by far our worst player last year. Therefore Boyd was better than at least one of our current 1-5 in2019. Boyd might have missed a few tackles and was mostly ineffective, but Isaako gave the ball to the opposition in our own 20 regularly, came off his wing at every opportunity, dropped numerous bombs (Even the easy ones) and basically handed the opposition the ball when he's try make metres from our own half. This isn't me supporting Boyd, this is simply me correcting an incorrect statement.
"by far"

This ain't it son

No no, I remember. And I gave him wraps for that. You can check that, it's all on here.

What I don't give him wraps for is his

Effort
Leadership
Skills
Worth to the team

He just isn't an NRL player anymore and it seems like he doesn't realise it.

When I see him turning his back to catch bombs that bounce of his head, lead to a try where he still could have recovered the ball if he had an ounce of urgency.. he's done.

When I see him catching balls and taking them out on the full... When his job was to CATCH THE BALL all game, again like previous example, he's done.

Missed tackles, missed ATTEMPTS at tackles, forward passes, throwing hands in the air over players confusing him with their speed and skill he thinks it must be an illegal play... He's well fucking passed it.

Boyd's "own terms" were started on the field last year, and in his comments after losses.

No no, I remember. And I gave him wraps for that. You can check that, it's all on here.

What I don't give him wraps for is his

Effort
Leadership
Skills
Worth to the team

He just isn't an NRL player anymore and it seems like he doesn't realise it.

When I see him turning his back to catch bombs that bounce of his head, lead to a try where he still could have recovered the ball if he had an ounce of urgency.. he's done.

When I see him catching balls and taking them out on the full... When his job was to CATCH THE BALL all game, again like previous example, he's done.

Missed tackles, missed ATTEMPTS at tackles, forward passes, throwing hands in the air over players confusing him with their speed and skill he thinks it must be an illegal play... He's well fucking passed it.

Boyd's "own terms" were started on the field last year, and in his comments after losses.
I also forgot to note is single 8-9 metre run out of dummy half he would pull last year that was clearly just to fullfill his quota worth of stats. Seriously, never once was it in the context of what the team needed at that point of the game, purely selfish awareness of where his numbers were at.

This was the nail studded baseball bat that broke the camels back for me. I was rooting for Boyd to kill it at 6, but that shit was downright infuriating.

It’s all about context.

Who deserves more latitude when it comes to delivering consistent performances and general expectations; a bloke who has played less than 50 games, or a bloke who has played more than 300 and is the captain?

Isaako was poor, but Boyd was so much worse.

To say otherwise is plain ridiculous.

Unread

Active Now

• Justwin
  • Gaz
  • LittleDavey
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Manofoneway
  • RolledOates
  • Jazza
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Harry Sack
  • sooticus
  • theshed
  • FACTHUNT
  • Aldo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.