NEWS Boyd: I'm still captain

Problem is he and Macca will train the house down and act all senior player like as they are mega professionals off the field. Boyd will come out saying his body feels amazing and is super keen to right the wrongs of season 2019. The clubs in trouble for a few more years I feel.
Yeah I can imagine his presser before first pre season trial.

"I was pretty happy with my form last year and I'm excited for the challenge of playing centre. The body feels better than ever, I had a great preseason and I'm keen to get out there."

Then proceeds to get absolutely outclassed by some second or third string centre from the cowboys.

While Boyd is well respected and popular, it's up to the coach to earn his money and make it work. Everyone next year has a clean slate for me and that includes anyone I think has been rubbish this year. We need to pick on form, not on reputation. If Boyd is playing well, he gets picked, if he isn't, we don't carry him like this year. It's not rocket science. Let's reward good performance.
**** that new age shit. Every one of those pricks who played in the last game has to have their noses rubbed in that cuntery. There'll be no clean slate. There will be blood.

Yeah I can imagine his presser before first pre season trial.

"I was pretty happy with my form last year and I'm excited for the challenge of playing centre. The body feels better than ever, I had a great preseason and I'm keen to get out there."

Then proceeds to get absolutely outclassed by some second or third string centre from the cowboys.
Well with Marsters moving to cows and Boyd's only position left being left center that's who he could be marking up against 😳😳😳

I actually dont care if he takes a knee tbh, and i've said it before, but he doesnt do it on purpose to let bloke past or duck out of anything, he does it because he has no lateral movement, no agility and to me he clearly has issues that stop him moving freely. If all that i mentioned is the same in 2020 as it was in 2019, and we put Boyd in a position where its going to expose him, thats on the coach. Boyd like everyone has to prove he is worth a spot. He didnt in 2019, but Seibold picked him. That cant happen with anyone next year. To me, Boyd has 2 options if he wants a spot in our team next year, wing or center, and he has to show he is the best option there. I actually cant see it happening.
I respectfully disagree. As someone who played sport well past the point my body was capable (albeit at a much much lower level), I don’t buy that it’s his lateral movement ability letting him down. His lateral movement doesn’t get him ran over like when was at centre. His lateral movement doesn’t make him go for an obvious dummy from a slow moving forward. He’s cooked. He’s playing like a guy scared of contact. Though it did improve when he was in the front line. Maybe because the opponent has less time to build momentum. Of course it stems from lack of ability physically but his real issue imo is psychological. He’s playing the self preservation game but lying to himself about it. Imo

If he's in the team, I'll give him like 2 weeks before I've got the pitchforks myself.

I was easily one of his biggest fans so when even I got sick of his shit there's no way he isn't done for. I don't have any problems with Boyd himself, I'm sure he's a good person but I want to support a team that has a ruthless drive to be the best and you don't get there by selecting has-beens.

It's a shame he's even playing on at all, all he's done is ruined his legacy as a pretty good player to someone who's only going to be remembered for being so stubborn that he forced the coaches hand to drop him to Q cup because he couldn't see reality.

I'm not even angry or annoyed about him playing on at this point, it's actually just fucking sad.

What is this madness. Why are we even talking about Boyd being in our side next year. He doesn't need opportunity to prove himself worthy of a position, he has already proved over the last two seasons that he is unfit to remain in the side. The fact that people are discussing where he will playing next year is actually mind blowing to me.

What is this madness. Why are we even talking about Boyd being in our side next year. He doesn't need opportunity to prove himself worthy of a position, he has already proved over the last two seasons that he is unfit to remain in the side. The fact that people are discussing where he will playing next year is actually mind blowing to me.

The incompetence of our roster management over the past 10 years precludes us from optimism.

I respectfully disagree. As someone who played sport well past the point my body was capable (albeit at a much much lower level), I don’t buy that it’s his lateral movement ability letting him down. His lateral movement doesn’t get him ran over like when was at centre. His lateral movement doesn’t make him go for an obvious dummy from a slow moving forward. He’s cooked. He’s playing like a guy scared of contact. Though it did improve when he was in the front line. Maybe because the opponent has less time to build momentum. Of course it stems from lack of ability physically but his real issue imo is psychological. He’s playing the self preservation game but lying to himself about it. Imo

He got run over by quite a powerful center. I've seen big forwards get run over by smaller players, so that doesn't really mean a lot, and neither does you playing sport longer than you should. Who says you have the same problems Boyd has? I see Boyd is fine until he has to sharply move left or right, then he is shot. He is cooked as a player in the positions we saw him in last year. Add to that I think his confidence is shot and it's affecting his decision making, and you have a recipe for disaster.

Last edited:
He got run over by quite a powerful center. I've seen big forwards get run over by smaller players, so that doesn't really mean a lot, and neither does you playing sport longer than you should. Who says you have the same problems Boyd has? I see Boyd is fine until he has to sharply move left or right, then he is shot. He is cooked as a player in the positions we saw him in last year. Add to that I think his confidence is shot and it's affecting his decision making, and you have a recipe for disaster.
No point talking sense. Everyone's an expert around here including myself at times. It seems that many on here feel the need to write 'Boyd is shit' at least 1000 times a season and thus ensuring the readers are fully conversant with their position. I myself got it after the first 100 times.

I want Boyd to have one last shot, either on the wing or in a centre spot. If he hits the ground running, fine. If not, banishment without consideration of his wage. I know that no matter how he performs his best will be totally ignored and any infinitesimal failing will be magnified to gargantuan proportion. It won't matter if he's scored 9 tries in 3 games, if his opposite gets past him the clever will be screaming for instant dismissal.

I agree that although his body is letting him down, i think the psychological aspect is having an equal impact or more than assumed.

He appears to have lost his competitiveness, the need to win every contest, contact etc. He eases himself into and secumbs into tackles, there is no attempted leg drive to break the line or gain post contact metres, he does not display urgency to get to loose balls or run across field to field grubbers into our ingoal, he gives up if wrong footed and either makes no attempt or looks to the ref in hope there was an issue prior.

The comment that "it is just a game" is indicative of the loss of drive to win. Whilst i agree it could be "just a game" for us fans/supporters, it should mean more to him. It is his career, the means to which he supports his family but it appears that seems he has his final contract in place to set him and his family up, there is no more drive to improve. That is not an attitude i want from senior players.

Last edited:
No point talking sense. Everyone's an expert around here including myself at times. It seems that many on here feel the need to write 'Boyd is shit' at least 1000 times a season and thus ensuring the readers are fully conversant with their position. I myself got it after the first 100 times.

I want Boyd to have one last shot, either on the wing or in a centre spot. If he hits the ground running, fine. If not, banishment without consideration of his wage. I know that no matter how he performs his best will be totally ignored and any infinitesimal failing will be magnified to gargantuan proportion. It won't matter if he's scored 9 tries in 3 games, if his opposite gets past him the clever will be screaming for instant dismissal.

I personally think he is done tbh, but if he is here next year he should be treated like everyone else. I just hope we don't carry on playing him when he isn't performing.

Boyd on the Wing I can live with. A swap between him and Isaako seems to be somewhat on the cards so I'm prepared to let that play out and see if Boyd can make it as a Winger again, but he needs to justify his spot just like everybody else there. If he can't make it as a Winger, then sadly I think his time in First Grade is up.

It's frustrating because even if he performs competently in that role, there still probably isn't a huge amount of upside to a guy his age compared to some of the younger guys competing for the same position, but if he can turn up in preseason fit and healthy and perform in that role well enough then I'm happy enough to see him given a run in that position.

Last edited:
I personally think he is done tbh, but if he is here next year he should be treated like everyone else. I just hope we don't carry on playing him when he isn't performing.
I don't think it's likely. I'm almost certain Seibold will give him a final shot and if he deems it necessary he'll drop him. That will ram home the message to all the team. Yes, he probably should have done so earlier this season but I'm not in possession of all the facts and it may have made things even worse. Anyway I hope for a revitalized Boyd because that can only benefit the Broncos. No, I don't have much faith that will happen.

Well with Marsters moving to cows and Boyd's only position left being left center that's who he could be marking up against [emoji15][emoji15][emoji15]
Surely Boyd is wing or not in the 17. Staggs and Bird are our centres.

Where can Boyd go though? He isn't a 6. Oates is left wing. Surely it's Staggs and Bird in the wings. That leaves a right wing open with Isaako at fullback. But Boyd has only ever played left wing.

Active Now

• Swordfish
  • Foordy
  • azza.79
  • pennywisealfie
  • Sproj
  • BroncosAlways
  • The True King
  • Broncosgirl
  • Tmac
  • broncsgoat
  • GCBRONCO
  • Johnny92
  • Broncosarethebest
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Harry Sack
  • Alec
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.