NEWS Boyd: I'm still captain

Seriously, seriously unlikely.
Boyd has to go ... end of story. If he thinks he can still play at NRL level , he is deluding himself. He was given all year to prove he was NRL quality and failed miserably.. Cya.

Boyd has to go ... end of story. If he thinks he can still play at NRL level , he is deluding himself. He was given all year to prove he was NRL quality and failed miserably.. Cya.
He was talking bout Bird, not Boyd.

When Boyd turned his back to a bomb to let a ball hit his back and then didn't chase in the Parramatta game, as players from his own team ran past him to chase. That was the last straw for me in a long line of unacceptable performances. No heart, no hunger. He captained Brisbane to one of their worst seasons in history with a performance highlights reel to match. Shitting out paper thin excuse while talking himself up again and again, materializing nothing but hot air.

Boyd will struggle to even get noticed in Qcup. How the hell is he expecting to make the first team, yet alone be the captain. We carried him through the hamstring injury hoping things would change. Nope. They got worse.

He's a passenger through and through. Please someone make a lowlights reel.

When Boyd turned his back to a bomb to let a ball hit his back and then didn't chase in the Parramatta game, as players from his own team ran past him to chase. That was the last straw for me in a long line of unacceptable performances. No heart, no hunger. He captained Brisbane to one of their worst seasons in history with a performance highlights reel to match. Shitting out paper thin excuse while talking himself up again and again, materializing nothing but hot air.

Boyd will struggle to even get noticed in Qcup. How the hell is he expecting to make the first team, yet alone be the captain. We carried him through the hamstring injury hoping things would change. Nope. They got worse.

there already are some out there.

Is Boyd saying he is still Captain because November 1 hasn’t passed yet? He is still captain because we haven’t officially entered the new season..........or he is delusional, yeah let’s go with delusional.

there already are some out there.

@McHunt Has a bit of a collection, and a thread dedicated to it.

On Boyd, I see no benefit to our team in keeping him in our side next year. By trying to squeeze him in somewhere we are just taking an opportunity away from someone else.

Say for example we play Isaako at FB next year. We have Staggs and Bird in the centre's, Oates on one wing with on free wing spot remaining. Why on earth would we give that spot to Boyd rather utilising that opportunity to further the development of either Farnsworth or Coates?

As a club we need to focus on fielding our strongest 13, with one eye on the future. 'Jobs for the boys' for Darius does not make any sense.

Where can Boyd go though? He isn't a 6. Oates is left wing. Surely it's Staggs and Bird in the wings. That leaves a right wing open with Isaako at fullback. But Boyd has only ever played left wing.

Boyd on the wing makes me cringe. A 30 something year old with bad hamstrings and a recent busted Achilles is not what you want on the wing. Can you see him diving over in the corner for a highlight reel try or taking the hard runs out of our end while the forwards get back onside?

He's absolutely cooked. The only position left is Left Out. You can't have an individual or two regardless of how popular they are amongst the team of coaches bringing an entire franchise down. He has had more than ample chances and has failed spectacularly.

Boyd wont, and can't, be in the starting 17 next year.

No matter how good an off season he puts in.

If he is playing well enough we would be stupid to leave him out. Up to him now.

Last edited:
Boyd on the wing makes me cringe. A 30 something year old with bad hamstrings and a recent busted Achilles is not what you want on the wing. Can you see him diving over in the corner for a highlight reel try or taking the hard runs out of our end while the forwards get back onside?
Exactly... anyone saying he's a decent winger because of his rep career should also highlight that he had GI inside him doing 90% of the work.

The only viable position left if he has to be in the team is left center, but as far as I'm concerned he's not in the best 17 anymore and probably hasn't been for a couple years now

Boyd wont, and can't, be in the starting 17 next year.

No matter how good an off season he puts in.

he won't be in the spine ... which is a good thing ...

but our depth at center/wing is poor so he could find himself there, which would be acceptable, while we get the likes of Coates/Farnworth/Perese ready to take over ... really depends on the make up of our spine and whether Bird (fullback/five-eight options) or Isaako (fullback option) are in it

I respectfully disagree. As someone who played sport well past the point my body was capable (albeit at a much much lower level), I don’t buy that it’s his lateral movement ability letting him down. His lateral movement doesn’t get him ran over like when was at centre. His lateral movement doesn’t make him go for an obvious dummy from a slow moving forward. He’s cooked. He’s playing like a guy scared of contact. Though it did improve when he was in the front line. Maybe because the opponent has less time to build momentum. Of course it stems from lack of ability physically but his real issue imo is psychological. He’s playing the self preservation game but lying to himself about it. Imo
100% he's trying to ride out the ridiculous contract he was given even though he can't do it anymore. If he put his body on the line, he'd be smashed to pieces, and forced to medically retire.

He's avoiding that as much as possible

Active Now

• Wolfie
  • Brocko
  • leon.bott
  • Bucking Beads
  • RolledOates
  • Browny
  • FaceOfMutiny
  • Johnny92
  • HarryAllan7
  • GCBRONCO
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • davidp
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Foordy
  • Broncosgirl
  • BroncosAlways
  • Financeguy
  • BruiserMk1
  • Culhwch
  • Fozz
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.