NEWS Boyd: I'm still captain

I agree that although his body is letting him down, i think the psychological aspect is having an equal impact or more than assumed.

He appears to have lost his competitiveness, the need to win every contest, contact etc. He eases himself into and secumbs into tackles, there is no attempted leg drive to break the line or gain post contact metres, he does not display urgency to get to loose balls or run across field to field grubbers into our ingoal, he gives up if wrong footed and either makes no attempt or looks to the ref in hope there was an issue prior.

The comment that "it is just a game" is indicative of the loss of drive to win. Whilst i agree it could be "just a game" for us fans/supporters, it should mean more to him. It is his career, the means to which he supports his family but it appears that seems he has his final contract in place to set him and his family up, there is no more drive to improve. That is not an attitude i want from senior players.
He gives up on EVERY play.

Re watch the highlights from the eels semi final and you'll see him walking slowly in the direction of a bomb, leaving it to everyone else to try and field.

WALKING. Mind you... This is at a time where the score was competitive still.

100% he's trying to ride out the ridiculous contract he was given even though he can't do it anymore. If he put his body on the line, he'd be smashed to pieces, and forced to medically retire.

He's avoiding that as much as possible
Pure shit. He was often the first contact and never shirked the task. Pure crap.

Pure shit. He was often the first contact and never shirked the task. Pure crap.
If you think he is putting his body on the line "your eyes are painted on" - Andrew Voss, Every call ever.

Boyd has been fucking pathetic for two seasons, never runs full out, always slows down before ontact, never goes for a dangerous pick up for a grubber or bomb. Someone posted the Karmichael Hunt highlights not long ago and there were multiple ones where someone did a kick chase and hunt threw his body in between the ball and the chaser to make sure he got it. Boyd hasn't done anything like that in years. I'm sure he is a nice bloke, but on the footy field he is a scared pathetic fucking cat and should be to embarrassed to even run onto the field.

Captain courageous of the Brittle Broncos said it himself, he might "play for another five or six years".

Captain courageous of the Brittle Broncos said it himself, he might "play for another five or six years".

**** he's a knob.

I can not do another season of this shit!
Giphy 8

Let him say whatever he likes, if the end of season review went as it was written, Boyd can give all the lip service in the world but he'll be in Q Cup and won't make 2021 due to not playing enough games.

That might be the best case scenario.

Does anyone follow NRL retarded all stars on Facebook? Quite a humorous and well balanced site - all things considered...

Boyd was made captain of the 2019 season

I know there is a lot of PC stuff around but I hate the use of the word "retarded" in that way. Enough for me not to look at that site. There are lots of awesome and amazing people with an intellectual disability who do not need to be disrespected in that way.

I know there is a lot of PC stuff around but I hate the use of the word "retarded" in that way. Enough for me not to look at that site. There are lots of awesome and amazing people with an intellectual disability who do not need to be disrespected in that way.
Yeah, I agree. I don’t really use the word retarded in my own speech... but, that is the name of the site - and despite the use of the word, it’s pretty good

Unread

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • marw
  • broncos4life
  • TimWhatley
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Organix
  • Harry Sack
  • Pablo
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Culhwch
  • FACTHUNT
  • mieko
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.