NEWS Boyd says he's no five-eighth and Lockyer agrees

I think the buck stops with the coach. If he makes the hard decisions, Boyd ( and others ) wouldnt have the chance to be in the position he is now
Which coach though?
Bennett made Boyd captain and assembled the current roster, barring a couple.
Surely you don’t mean Seibold?!?

Which coach though?

Yep, he is the coach. You cant blame Bennett if Seibold keeps picking Boyd.

There is nothing wrong with this squad in general. We should be doing better.

LOL. Poor Darius: an innocent victim of circumstance.

You will have to explain what that means to me.

You say first up he has chosen to lead this team, now he is just a victim of circumstance? Which is it?

Last edited by a moderator:
Which coach though?
Seibold also made Boyd captain. And Boyd accepted the responsibility. They both have a buck in it.

Bennett hooked Boyd back to park footy because he was so out of form. Better form than he's in now. I seem to recall he came back refreshed but my memory's been proven to be a bit shit about the previous season.

Last edited:
You will have to explain what that means to me.

You say first up he has chosen to lead this team, now he is just a victim of circumstance? Which is it?

Must be tiring having jokes explained to you all the time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Its more a point though about people on this forum rather than the players themselves. Doesnt matter what Boyd does now, he wont get a fair judgement from a lot of people, which of course is their prerogative. People get very emotionally involved in a game of football when in the scheme of things a game of football is pretty insignificant to whats going on in the world.

This is pretty much where I have got to as well. I went off on a rant after the first round last year and rightly got called on it by Locky the illegitimate one.

I am adopting a Bennett philosophy - 'Worry is like a rocking-chair. It gives you something to do buy gets you nowhere.'

All the angst, anger. whinging etc directed at Seibold, the team, individual players on here is all going to achieve nothing at all in terms of our performances or team changes. It is all completely out of our control.

You can choose to blow up deluxe after every loss, repeatedly post the same thing (and still achieve nothing), or you can sit back and just wait for what unfolds. I believe our form will turn, if it doesn't, I will be disappointed, but I hope in the long run it will be short term pain for long term gain. Ultimately, if Seibold fails, he will lose his job, so he has far more invested in ensuring the team turns their form around than any of us. Give them time, if it does not work and we miss the 8, there are far worse things going on in the world.

I wouldnt say you are a joke, but you are pretty close.
You stick to making us feel sorry for poor Darius, the reluctant captain, who gets a hard time compared to some kid who's only played a few games, and I'll do the jokes. TIA

All the angst, anger. whinging etc directed at Seibold, the team, individual players on here is all going to achieve nothing at all in terms of our performances or team changes. It is all completely out of our control.

It's healthy for fans to care more than is reasonable or logical. That's kind of what being a fan is all about. The players know they'll also go overboard in praising them just as illogically when they win. That's part of the incentive.

Last edited:
You stick to making us feel sorry for poor Darius, the reluctant captain, who gets a hard time compared to some kid who's only played a few games, and I'll do the jokes. TIA

I'd let you do it if you were actually funny.

I'm actually thinking you are more than a bit slow on the uptake. I have said, it wasnt a direct comparison with Staggs, it was more about a situation and how Boyd cops it worse. I have typed this slower than usual in the hope you can understand.

Last edited:
It's healthy for fans to care more than is reasonable or logical. That's kind of what being a fan is all about. The players know they'll also go overboard in praising them just as illogically when they win. That's part of the incentive.

No I get that, which is why I deleted an earlier post of mine because on reflection I thought it was unfair, particularly towards @Dee. All of the negativity, particularly when it is very repetitive gets a bit wearing. But, tallyho, go at it.

Yeah it’s a bit of a redundant argument. Of course there are things of greater importance in life than the NRL. Sport is just escapism after all. I try not to say emotionally charged or irrational things in here but some times I do and that’s part of the fun of being a sports fan. That doesn’t mean that I walk around my day to day life muttering about Boyd’s defence under my breathe and kicking my dog because I named it Darius in 2015 and that’s turned out to be a worse decision than his long term contract.

At the end of the day, nothing matters and we are all just apes on a rock hurtling through space, and time itself is just a construct. But if we don’t pretend to care than no one watches and we now live in a world were most NRL players are only playing footy socially after a nice week of scaffolding.

Last edited:
I feel like, given Isaako is playing terribly this season, Boyd could really take over there. This side has so many problems that I just feel some positional changes could really fix.

1. Milf
2. Oates
3. Roberts
4. Staggs
5. Boyd
6. KNik
7. SOS
8. Lodge
9. Macca
10. Haas
11. Fifita
12. Gillett
13. Carrigan

14. Bird (with the view to him taking over from Macca eventually)
15. TPJ
16. Joffa
17. Glenn

Flegler, Su'A, Mago all rotating in when needed or to give other young uns a spell if and when needed. Isaako back to QCup and playing as preferably a centre because I just don't see him ever being a great fullback...Allan on the other hand coud have been anything.

Meanwhile, force Paix to become a hooker if he wants to stay at the Broncs and throw the carrot in front of Boyd and Dearden to see who progresses faster to take over from KNik/Milf/SOS in the halves in 12-24 months.

Active Now

• bb_gun
  • Santa
  • Culhwch
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Bucking Beads
  • GCBRONCO
  • RolledOates
  • Financeguy
  • Broncs1459
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.