Boyd snaps Achilles - Replacement?

Copley is awful under the high ball and does not look particularly comfortable passing. Two things you'd really like in a fullback. Well, at least one in a replacement.

On Boyd, I don't think it's reasonable to say he'll be back for us in that six month time frame. He might be available for selection, but I dare say it'll take him a lot longer to get back into footballing form, particularly given how short and unhappy his 2014 season was.I don't think it'd be fair to expect him to be able to offer good performances for us in 2015. More of a bonus really.

and a little out of shape too ...

attachment.php

For a moment there I read the jersey as "computer sex"...

Copley is awful under the high ball and does not look particularly comfortable passing. Two things you'd really like in a fullback. Well, at least one in a replacement.

On Boyd, I don't think it's reasonable to say he'll be back for us in that six month time frame. He might be available for selection, but I dare say it'll take him a lot longer to get back into footballing form, particularly given how short and unhappy his 2014 season was.I don't think it'd be fair to expect him to be able to offer good performances for us in 2015. More of a bonus really.

Exactly what I was going to say. Remember he was being talked up as an Origin bolter until he dropped just about everything kicked his way the game before selection?

Anyone wanting Kodi as FB must not have watched the U20's play... :rolleyes:

I'd say with a lot of work, Copley would make a very good FB. As for Boyd I agree completely with you ... a ruptured achilles ... 6 months to return to the form we need at the back at the business end of the season? Surely people are not serious.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with the tweet. It's not even targeted at Boyd, but more so to the situation and the troubles that took place at the Broncos just to get Boyd. People just seem to nit-pick and find the smallest of reasons to target Hoffman. If he says something he gets criticised, if he doesn't say anything he still gets criticised.

The tweet just shows how ironic the predicament the Broncos are in at the moment given the fact the club shed a few players, who happened to be fullbacks, just to accommodate one, and now the club doesn't have any experienced fullbacks to cover for him. The tweet was sort of like the saying "the grass isn't always greener on the other side", just in reverse.

Hoffman isn't a fullback, or a spine player for that matter. The exact same entitlement complex that he is showing in that tweet has crippled our club for the duration of his stay here. The sad thing is that he'd be in the running for the best winger in the comp, as well as a constant in the NZ team, if he just committed to a position that he is gifted at.

So far this is shaping up as Boyd's best season in a Broncos jumper

Hoffman isn't a fullback, or a spine player for that matter. The exact same entitlement complex that he is showing in that tweet has crippled our club for the duration of his stay here. The sad thing is that he'd be in the running for the best winger in the comp, as well as a constant in the NZ team, if he just committed to a position that he is gifted at.

But in the last 2 seasons he played 1 entire season on the wing and 80% of the other at 5/8th? He wanted fullback, but he played where it was best for the team. He deserves kudos for that, it shows he puts the team first.

But in the last 2 seasons he played 1 entire season on the wing and 80% of the other at 5/8th? He wanted fullback, but he played where it was best for the team. He deserves kudos for that, it shows he puts the team first.

No it shows that he didn't want to play q cup.

Also I'm not sure why you keep claiming he 'took one for the team' in playing 6. He wants a spine position and there are articles with quotes from him going back to when locky retired saying he would love to play 6 and that he played it in his juniors blah blah blah

Oh right I forgot that the players pick the team and where they play. Guess thats why Hoffman was our fullba.....wait....?

He played where the coach wanted him to, despite making it clear he wanted to play fullback - that is the definition of a team player.

He didn't want a spine position, he wanted fullback. He said this, his manager said this, and everyone on bhq knows this apparently apart from you at this time, though you did an hour ago lol.

Last edited:
There is a thread on Hoffman. This isn't it.

Both of you, take it to the correct thread.

Some good news:

DARIUS Boyd has been given the all clear to start his recovery after successful ankle surgery today.Boyd had a percutaneous Achilles’ repair on the tendon he ruptured completing a routine drill at training last Friday.
The surgery was completed was Doctor Terry Saxby this morning with the procedure occurring without any complications.
The 27-year-old Boyd will now begin a recovery that generally lasts from six to nine months.
If all goes to plan the international back could be back on the playing field as early as May next year.
Broncos’ co-captain this year, Justin Hodges, has returned from the same operation twice and said that experience would be beneficial to Boyd’s recovery.
"It's a long hard road but he is only 27 and this is his first major operation so he will be fine,” he said.
"The first time I had it done we didn't know too much about it.
"But the last time I came back I didn't rush it.
"I rested it a bit more and that worked out well."
Hodges has himself returned from minor off-season surgery on his knee and ankle but showed his usual zip at training this morning.

Darius Boyd Surgery Successful - Broncos

Dunno what that link is Pete, but I can't access it.

Link is from the Broncos website directly.

Highly unlikely and too be honest I wouldn't actually want this but this may be an option for covering boyd's injury.

1-milford
2-kahu
3-reed
4-copley
5-vidot
6-hodges

With this option the positives are:
-milford gets to play he preferred position
-hodges will be able to get more involved though won't have to run as much as a fullback would
-copley will be able to play centre

Negatives are:
-milford and hunt wont form halves combination yet
-hodges cannot kick which means hunt will do the kicking duties

Unread

Active Now

• Broncorob
  • blacknwhite
  • Bucking Beads
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Financeguy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.