Boyd to play on.

Midean

Midean

State of Origin Rep
Jun 5, 2019

Just an article apparently citing Boyd as 100% certain to play on next season, and believes a better pre-season will be what it takes to get him and Turpin working better together.
Says the media/social media will lead to player suicides unless they tone it down with player criticism.

Maybe Boyd needs to read the press around his form, because he is not seeing what everyone else is seeing.
I agree that the media scrutiny must be hard on some players, especially younger guys coming in, but thats no excuse for poor performance.
In any other workplace, if you turn up and dont do your job, you get sacked.

I’m seriously concerned for Darius. That’s twice this year he has made veiled threats to the Broncos supporter base in that he’s implying if we bag his inept performances too much on social media, he could commit suicide.

Make no mistake, he’s not talking about anyone else, is he?

So, the question you need to ask yourself Darius is, is plodding on and putting up with this sort of online abuse really worth your life? Or are you willing to risk it for $800K a year?

The people who are really close to you should be the ones telling you that it’s not worth persisting with for any huge sum if your mental state is in jeopardy and you’re feeling suicidal.

If Benny genuinely cares for your welfare, he should have been the first on your phone after yesterday’s debacle demanding you call time on your illustrious career. Your wife has now had to witness you making that same veiled threat twice now. She should be screaming the house down telling you to quit at once. Or is it all a smokescreen to get the fan base to lay off so you can continue to ‘phone it in’ and pick up a king’s ransom for 25 rounds of mediocrity?

I’d seriously hate to see anyone take their life let alone the Broncos skipper just because the fan base was criticising their performance on the field. So please Darius, after bringing up the subject not once but twice, you have me worried for your ongoing safety. Your life has to be worth more than $800k a year and the mental anguish that comes with it. Please retire now.

What's he going to do? Bring up social media trolls every time the team loses a game?

I’m seriously concerned for Darius. That’s twice this year he has made veiled threats to the Broncos supporter base in that he’s implying if we bag his inept performances too much on social media, he could commit suicide.

Make no mistake, he’s not talking about anyone else, is he?

So, the question you need to ask yourself Darius is, is plodding on and putting up with this sort of online abuse really worth your life? Or are you willing to risk it for $800K a year?

The people who are really close to you should be the ones telling you that it’s not worth persisting with for any huge sum if your mental state is in jeopardy and you’re feeling suicidal.

If Benny genuinely cares for your welfare, he should have been the first on your phone after yesterday’s debacle demanding you call time on your illustrious career. Your wife has now had to witness you making that same veiled threat twice now. She should be screaming the house down telling you to quit at once. Or is it all a smokescreen to get the fan base to lay off so you can continue to ‘phone it in’ and pick up a king’s ransom for 25 rounds of mediocrity?

I’d seriously hate to see anyone take their life let alone the Broncos skipper just because the fan base was criticising their performance on the field. So please Darius, after bringing up the subject not once but twice, you have me worried for your ongoing safety. Your life has to be worth more than $800k a year and the mental anguish that comes with it. Please retire now.

It’s not just Boyd copping it from these fucking gronks though, Joffa’s girlfriend posted a screenshot last night of some of the abuse he has copped from other teams fans.

While “criticism” may be warranted for some players personal attacks through social media is weak as piss and I think this is what Boyd is really talking about.

you know, the best thing you can do in life right now is disengage from public social media..

Clubs should educate and encourage keeping their page private for these exact reasons...

regardless of form, no-one should tolerate such bullshit as part of their daily livelihoods...

It’s not just Boyd copping it from these fucking gronks though, Joffa’s girlfriend posted a screenshot last night of some of the abuse he has copped from other teams fans.

While “criticism” may be warranted for some players personal attacks through social media is weak as piss and I think this is what Boyd is really talking about.
Can you post it on here for all to see what Joffa is dealing with please.

It's a two-fold issue. Boyd is 100% correct about the pressures players are under, and the damage that criticism on social media can cause.

However, the issue is compounded by Boyd being so completely oblivious to how ineffective he is. He's not good enough for first grade, let alone Captain Of The Broncos. The question is, why is there such a massive disconnect between his own opinion of his form, and the reality of his form? Is someone in his ear telling him how awesome he is playing, and **** the haters? Is he simply telling himself he's going okay? He needs a hard truth, it's the only way to solve the issue. It's going to be far better coming from the coach than it is from social media, regardless of the potential fallout.

I want to know how within hours of being completely destroyed in a Semi Final for the second year running that anyone within the club can have any sort of firm view about what they're doing next season and under what conditions, let alone a player that's struggled to the extent Darius Boyd has.

Honestly, everyone from the top down needs to go and take some time to reflect on what's just been allowed to happen on their watch and once some time has passed and they've had a chance to reflect, maybe then we can conduct a review to get to the bottom of our issues and only once all that has taken place and we have some firm answers and direction should anybody, including Darius Boyd, then decide whether it's in theirs or the club's best interests to be part of any overhaul for next season.

I want to know how within hours of being completely destroyed in a Semi Final for the second year running that anyone within the club can have any sort of firm view about what they're doing next season and under what conditions, let alone a player that's struggled to the extent Darius Boyd has.
Because football is just football mate. It's just a game. No one cares. It's not important. Not real life. I'm Darius Boyd, thank you for listening. Please don't criticise me in future.

Last edited:
My mail was that the talk had been done/was going on.

**** knows how we ended up back here.

Name another contract in the NRL that’s as bad as this Darius Boyd one.

I wonder if Old Clint might be sending him messages of support ?

You know, dig your heels in and show them.

You would like to think the opposite really. If Wayne really was a good mate of Boyds he should be telling him how it is .... mate it's time to move on.

It's a two-fold issue. Boyd is 100% correct about the pressures players are under, and the damage that criticism on social media can cause.

However, the issue is compounded by Boyd being so completely oblivious to how ineffective he is. He's not good enough for first grade, let alone Captain Of The Broncos. The question is, why is there such a massive disconnect between his own opinion of his form, and the reality of his form? Is someone in his ear telling him how awesome he is playing, and **** the haters? Is he simply telling himself he's going okay? He needs a hard truth, it's the only way to solve the issue. It's going to be far better coming from the coach than it is from social media, regardless of the potential fallout.

The "hard truth" is that he and his missus love the millions

Active Now

• Johnny92
  • broncsgoat
  • Bucking Beads
  • Sproj
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • barker
  • Wolfie
  • Fitzy
  • Socnorb
  • Matheos
  • Waynesaurus
  • HarryAllan7
  • Mister Wright
  • broncos4life
  • Big Del
  • the_next
  • GCBRONCO
  • Galah
  • mitch222
  • Broncosgirl
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.