Boyd to play on.

Because football is just football mate. It's just a game. No one cares. It's not important. Not real life. I'm Darius Boyd, thank you for listening. Please don't criticise me in future.
The lack of time to appropriately reflect on what's just happened here can only lead to making bad decisions.

Good leaders give themselves time to review things properly in the full context of the situation and not within moments of handing in the worst result in history in their field.
[automerge]1568594579[/automerge]
I wonder if Old Clint might be sending him messages of support ?

You know, dig your heels in and show them.

You would like to think the opposite really. If Wayne really was a good mate of Boyds he should be telling him how it is .... mate it's time to move on.
Wayne has tapped far better players than Boyd on the shoulders over the years. If he's true to his values then you'd expect he would be prepared to do the same for Darius.

Last edited:
The lack of time to appropriately reflect on what's just happened here can only lead to making bad decisions.

Good leaders give themselves time to review things properly in the full context of the situation and not within moments of handing in the worst result in history in their field.
Boyd doesn't care. He might say he cares and he's disappointed in the result but it's all lip service. He does not care like a fan, or like a captain should. Would you have ever heard Langer, Lockyer, Tallis, Parker or Hodges say it's not all bad after a 58-0 flogging in a finals game?

Boyd has clocked out. He is phoning it in until he is told to **** off. Playing NRL at the highest level is no longer a priority for him - he is just surviving and riding out the end of his contract.

It's a two-fold issue. Boyd is 100% correct about the pressures players are under, and the damage that criticism on social media can cause.

However, the issue is compounded by Boyd being so completely oblivious to how ineffective he is. He's not good enough for first grade, let alone Captain Of The Broncos. The question is, why is there such a massive disconnect between his own opinion of his form, and the reality of his form? Is someone in his ear telling him how awesome he is playing, and **** the haters? Is he simply telling himself he's going okay? He needs a hard truth, it's the only way to solve the issue. It's going to be far better coming from the coach than it is from social media, regardless of the potential fallout.
I agree. The pressures are real and the players need support.However, the fans equally have a right to express there view in a respectful way. If it is done respectfully (sometimes it isn't) and has a solid basis then in my view it is free expression. Its a part of being a celebrity or in a public position. Don't take the public money if you don't want to be held to reasonable public account. We all agree that nobody deserves the disrespectful stuff regardless of their celebrity or position.

There is a big difference to the absolutely horrendous crap that Latrell is having to put up with and what Darius Boyd is copping. Ultimately, fans are criticizing his performance, which is justified if they do it respectfully.

I think he is spot on. It wont be Darius because mentally he can handle it these days, but there will be somebody who reads all the vitriol directed at them and cant deal with it.

Not one person on here knows him personally, so to call him a shit **** or things like that is pretty low. No need at all to attack him in such a personal manner at all. People need to have a bit more class about them. His form on the field is more than fair game for he critics. He isnt good enough anymore, he shouldnt be in a spine position ( i'm even concerned with him at center honestly ) and the coach should have the balls to drop him. I personally think he should call it a day. He has achieved everything he can, he has nothing left to prove anymore.

Looks like the Broncos are giving Boyd enough rope to ... shoot himself in the foot (couldn't find a more appropriate metaphor). Running himself off at the mouth after that performance yesterday is only going to get the fans and stakeholders even more offside, leaving the board with little other options than moving him on.

Keep talking Darbs, keep talking. Can we have a highlight reel of him from yesterday?

It really doesn't matter what Boyd says, the decision will (should) be Seibold's whether Boyd plays next year.

This loss could be a blessing in disguise for Seibs, not many would question him making some wholesale changes, even dropping the current captain. Will he do it is the question...

It really doesn't matter what Boyd says, the decision will (should) be Seibold's whether Boyd plays next year.

This loss could be a blessing in disguise for Seibs, not many would question him making some wholesale changes, even dropping the current captain. Will he do it is the question...

Yeah, that's how I'm looking at it. Regardless of what people want to believe about the baffling team selections (Seibold incompetent/board interfering etc) the reality was on display for everyone to see yesterday. I'm expecting some pretty big shake ups in the off season.

I don't believe for a second that Boyd and Turpin will remain our halves btw. Him saying he's looking forward to a pre season together is just a robot response IMO....he knows it isn't happening.

Watch Boyd at about 20:30 remaining in the first half.
Doesn't go for the ball. Walks as his teammates run PAST him to get to the ball.

Watch what Glenn does, and what Boyd does.

I don't give a **** about Boyd's feelings. You're not good enough to be a Bronco.

Last edited:
Watch Boyd at about 20:30 remaining in the first half.
Doesn't go for the ball. Walks as his teammates run PAST him to get to the ball.

Watch what Glenn does, and what Boyd does.

I don't give a **** about Boyd's feelings. You're not good enough to be a Bronco.
That was a disappointing moment.

Easy fix have a private one for you real account and have one run by your manager for social interactions, advertising ect. Simple.

The "hard truth" is that he and his missus love the millions
That's fair enough in my book. He signed a contract, if we want him gone we pay him out in full or try to negotiate a lesser amount if possible.

Last edited:
This guy is an asshole, plain and simple.
You're the asshole sitting behind your computer screen, you know nothing about what's going on just listening to the noise and making your assumptions on that.

I’m seriously concerned for Darius. That’s twice this year he has made veiled threats to the Broncos supporter base in that he’s implying if we bag his inept performances too much on social media, he could commit suicide.

He doesn't do any such thing.

Did anyone actually read what he fucking said?

It’s not just Boyd copping it from these fucking gronks though, Joffa’s girlfriend posted a screenshot last night of some of the abuse he has copped from other teams fans.

While “criticism” may be warranted for some players personal attacks through social media is weak as piss and I think this is what Boyd is really talking about.

The solution is simple. Put down the phone. Don't look at it or block everyone except close friends and family.

He doesn't do any such thing.

Did anyone actually read what he fucking said?
So please tell what he's implying then when he says because of mental health issues "somebody will probably take their own life". He's the only with mental health issues in the Broncos and he said the same thing a few weeks ago when addressing the enormous outrage about his poor performances.

Boyd clearly talking about himself when he said what he said. Not other players.

Yeah, that's how I'm looking at it. Regardless of what people want to believe about the baffling team selections (Seibold incompetent/board interfering etc) the reality was on display for everyone to see yesterday. I'm expecting some pretty big shake ups in the off season.

I don't believe for a second that Boyd and Turpin will remain our halves btw. Him saying he's looking forward to a pre season together is just a robot response IMO....he knows it isn't happening.

This is true, I mean what else can he say, until the decision is made public?

Active Now

• Morkel
  • Griffo
  • Sproj
  • Jedhead
  • FACTHUNT
  • maddo
  • Dash
  • winslow_wong
  • ivanhungryjak
  • BroncosAlways
  • broncoscope
  • theshed
  • Manofoneway
  • broncs30
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.