NEWS Boyd Urged to Consider Early Retirement

Ill cut her some slack, shes just being territorial and supportive of Darius. Unfortunately she's jumped a few stones to far and blindly announcing he will be playing on the next two season even contradicts what Darius has said recently in the media - irrelevant of talks.

Its put him/them in a position to look money hungry. Just reactive comments which will probably fuel the fire more and makes the situation all more awkward. If her beef is with the media, in which they are mostly factually commenting, then its not very intelligent and there's other ways to approach it - such as on field performance. Shes just loaded more bullets into the gun.
She didn't say he'd be playing on for two seasons. I don't know how you can read the words, plainly written and crystal clear and still misunderstand !

How do you know he's getting paid 900k a season ?I call bullshit and I believe you're making shit up. If I understand correctly his contract is just over 600k p/a and he has some third party deals that combined push him to around the 800k mark. Still generous but the Broncos only pay a bit over 600k.
It's just what is said in the media/news paper I read. That's what it was announced at the time. Why would I make it up?

If you’re going to blame Boyd on Wayne, what are your thoughts on the freak forward pack he assembled?
Yeah it's pretty good, I mean TPJ and Lodge did have the chance to walk this year, but opted to stay. As for Fifita, Haas, yeah he did a good job there. Onya Wayne!
Darius, Gillo, Macca = Wayne not doing so well. Onya Wayne!

Yeah it's pretty good, I mean TPJ and Lodge did have the chance to walk this year, but opted to stay. As for Fifita, Haas, yeah he did a good job there. Onya Wayne!

The current administration has done well to retain the forward pack that was handed over. If you’re going to blame Wayne wholly and solely for Darius Macca and Gillett (not sure why he’s included) then surely WB gets credit for lodge tpj haas Fifita ofa and all of our depth.

It's just what is said in the media/news paper I read. That's what it was announced at the time. Why would I make it up?
The highest reported 'guesstimate' at the time Boyd signed the contract was $750 pa but there was no official statement as to the actual figure. As I said an insider told me it was just over 600k with some tpa money on top. It doesn't matter though, it's pretty obvious he's not playing at a superstar standard.

The current administration has done well to retain the forward pack that was handed over. If you’re going to blame Wayne wholly and solely for Darius Macca and Gillett (not sure why he’s included) then surely WB gets credit for lodge tpj haas Fifita ofa and all of our depth.
Not solely blaming Wayne for Darius the board/administration are also are accountable.
This goes both ways, the board/administration also get recognition for being able to keep and recognise the entire squad thus far.
As for the "hand over" as much of the media hyped up, the big name players were going to follow Wayne out the door. As of this time, we have not lost one single player that we did not want to loose. Something tells me that the current playing roster are pretty happy under Seibold and with the board and administration which is great to see!

I will thank and congratulate Wayne on taking Roberts and Su'A with him down souf, now all I hope is that Shiba and Darius get the love from Wayne

Last edited:
If you’re going to blame Boyd on Wayne, what are your thoughts on the freak forward pack he assembled?
Bloody great work (especially the Haas deal)

Macca and Boyd was the opposite end of the spectrum though

Not solely blaming Wayne for Darius the board/administration are also are accountable.
This goes both ways, the board/administration also get recognition for being able to keep and recognise the entire squad thus far.
As for the "hand over" as much of the media hyped up, the big name players were going to follow Wayne out the door. As of this time, we have not lost one single player that we did not want to loose. Something tells me that the current playing roster are pretty happy under Seibold and with the board and administration which is great to see!

I will thank and congratulate Wayne on taking Roberts and Su'A with him down souf, now all I hope is that Shiba and Darius get the love from Wayne
Wayne didn't take Roberts and Su'A, he picked them up when we cast them off.

WB is not responsible for the contracts length, value or conditions and clauses. He didn't have that authority and autonomy during his second stint. He did try to lure players, he helped retain players and he identified players. He played a part but was not wholly responsible and in some cases his role was greater and in others, much less so.

Bloody great work (especially the Haas deal)

Macca and Boyd was the opposite end of the spectrum though

Yes. I can suffer through another season of Boyd knowing we will have the best forward pack in the game within two years if not next year.

Staggs, Turps, Hass, Fifita, Lodge, TPJ etc were all brought to the club by Wayne. Just because they didn't follow him to Souths doesn't make them one of Seib's boys. There is a salary cap and the total hassle of moving cities. I don't think any of these guys have any doubt on who is the better coach and these two won't even be mentioned in the same breath twenty years down the track. You Seibs fanboys always come up with the same brainless arguments. I'll be a Seibs fanboy as well if he wins us a title. At the moment, he hasn't shown me shit.

Staggs, Turps, Hass, Fifita, Lodge, TPJ etc were all brought to the club by Wayne. Just because they didn't follow him to Souths doesn't make them one of Seib's boys. There is a salary cap and the total hassle of moving cities. I don't think any of these guys have any doubt on who is the better coach and these two won't even be mentioned in the same breath twenty years down the track. You Seibs fanboys always come up with the same brainless arguments. I'll be a Seibs fanboy as well if he wins us a title. At the moment, he hasn't shown me shit.
Sorry what are the brainless arguments?

Not sure if its about being a Seibs fanboy, probably more so supporting the club tbh.
I can see the direction in which we are heading and I think that we are on the right path. Still some big decisions and improvements that need to be made no doubts there but, I think we will get there over the next couple of seasons.
As to your point about the playing roster, we forever hear about players falling out with the club hierarchy or coach. We know how quickly everything in rugby league travels, the media would have been in overdrive had these players not wanted to play under their new coach. Lodge, TPJ, Carrigan, Turps, Dearden, Oates all had the opportunity to leave the club. There were monster dollars being talked (whether true or not,) for TPJ, Lodge, Dearden and Turps - these players would not have stayed had they not been happy, especially TPJ and Lodge who originally aren't even from QLD.

So you won't support the coach of the club you support until he delivers you a premiership? Thats upto you, and I respect that.
WB hadn't give us anything since 2006, so under your way of thinking - obviously rule out the years he wasn't at the Broncos, but in his second stint at club he showed you nothing (going on how you are marking Seibold.)
I tend to think there is a lot more to a coaching role than just winning or loosing a premiership, but that's just my opinion.
Everyones got their thoughts on the Wayne/Seibold debate, but I'm not getting into it here.

Last edited:
Who cares what Boyds wife thinks. He should either choose to retire or resign himself to stinking it up in reserve grade next season...end of story!

If our club has Macca starting at hooker, or Boyd anywhere in the 17 then we are not genuine about competing for a premiership next season.

There is a very real possibility that both of those guys will be in our starting side next year, which is both ridiculous and absolutely unnaceptable.

Roberts asked for a release.
He did but it's not like he was someone we wanted to keep is it. I believe Su'A also asked for a release too. He was chucked into reserve grade for performance and/or not getting along with the coach and it didn't seem like there was much chance of seeing him back in first grade (for us) any time soon.

Actually on further thought I'm not even sure if a player can leave a club without asking for a release or having their contract terminated. For someone like Su'A where it's fairly uncontroversial that we didn't want him he still technically has to ask the club for a release, so I'm not sure that the player asking for a release invalidates that they were essentially let go.

Last edited:
You know you've made it when your name becomes an insult.

Only Bellamy can hold a stick to Bennett in terms of longevity and success....plus the ability to rebuild and regenerate the same squad over and over and lead them to titles, plus make to tough decisions on when and how to move on past legends of the club...

Active Now

• Fozz
  • broncsgoat
  • Dash
  • BroncsNBundy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.