NEWS Boyd Urged to Consider Early Retirement

well...TBF...who DOES currently have the credentials of Cook and Smith? Not just now but like the past decade or so? They are both outstanding rakes in their own right, one of them dare say is unique and cant/wont be replicated...

Macca is average; we can put up with average if we had NRL quality halves pairing...if that's the decision and direction the club wants to go i.e - keep a club legend at the 9.

This season still poses the same quandary; is the glass at the Broncos half full or half empty..?

Seems no matter what we do to address things and to place the club in a stronger position to make and influence the finals, its going to be at the expenses of cap space...at least in the short term...
I rank hodgson pretty highly. He has a massive impact on canberra's performance.

People bagging Macca against South's clearly didn't see that Seggy was even worse, but he seems to escape criticism. Seggy has been nothing but bang average apart from one game against the roosters.
I agree: Seggy looks like he's had his wings clipped. But he's still way better than Macca with the ball in his hands.
[automerge]1566877182[/automerge]
Gee he's 0.3 off of kicking at 80%. You're an extremely hard task master if you see that as average.
Yeah, he's more median average than mean average.

Last edited:
If we want a quick hooker, maybe look abroad and sign Matt Parcell who played with us for a few games. He was very quick off the mark.
Seggy just needs to run or he shouldn't be in the team. He is meant to add spark when he comes on. Been quiet the last few games

If we want a quick hooker, maybe look abroad and sign Matt Parcell who played with us for a few games. He was very quick off the mark.
Seggy just needs to run or he shouldn't be in the team. He is meant to add spark when he comes on. Been quiet the last few games

Parcell has been garbage this year in super league.
[automerge]1566878154[/automerge]
I agree: Seggy looks like he's had his wings clipped. But he's still way better than Macca with the ball in his hands

He isn't really that much better, and the rest of his game hasn't been great. If we are keeping Macca next year, I don't see the need for Seggy

Last edited:

i think he got 20 minutes to play against Souths....that's not enough time to make a difference. Remember Souths had 2 spells of only having 12 men on the field...i was screaming out on the in-game thread here to throw Seggy in, didn't even have to replace Macca but another option to make those easy metres in the middle to squeeze the playing field before going wide looking for the spaces...

I reckon Siebs made a mistake in not doing exactly this; his insistence to only introduce him after 60 minutes or so was well known by Souths....his insistence to stick to structure with interchanges showed up its limitations in this game if you ask me..

I contend Seggy needs more time out in the middle...

Parcell has been garbage this year in super league.
[automerge]1566878154[/automerge]

He isn't really that much better, and the rest of his game hasn't been great. If we are keeping Macca next year, I don't see the need for Seggy
I'm not saying we should ignore form, but all and sundry told us how bad/average Turpin had been at state level and he's been one of our best players since joining the top 30. I don't think someone going badly in another league should be the entire criteria we base it off (though it would be folly to ignore it every time in the hope that every signature ends up like Turpin).

I'm not saying we should ignore form, but all and sundry told us how bad/average Turpin had been at state level and he's been one of our best players since joining the top 30. I don't think someone going badly in another league should be the entire criteria we base it off (though it would be folly to ignore it every time in the hope that every signature ends up like Turpin).

I don't know if people were saying he was average in qcup so much as he wasn't banging the door down to warrant a place. I still don't think we have a good read on Jake in first grade due to him being shifted positions. He was starting to follow his usual ISC form at hooker where he would be excellent for weeks then suddenly burn out and his form dropped. It's something he is going to have to deal with if he wants to be a regular.

The big issue with Turpin was that he was on a development deal, which meant he could only play if the Broncos could convince the NRL they had reasonable cause that he was the only option. Essentially it meant McCullough had to have an injury for him to play.

Turpin had an awful start to 2019, but his form picked up a month into the competition. He saved one of his best performances for the Game of the Round in Round 7 and it put him back into the frame.

It's easy to overrate form in lieu of capability and characteristics. I've lost track of the number of times I've seen a player have an ordinary game in reggies, receive a call up and kill it. Sometimes you get a Corey Oates where their form is undeniable, but then you might get a Lachlan Lewis where he couldn't even get a go in the halves in NSW Cup and took his opportunity with both hands.

People bagging Macca against South's clearly didn't see that Seggy was even worse, but he seems to escape criticism. Seggy has been nothing but bang average apart from one game against the roosters.

Yeah I don't get the Seggy praise, his service is average at best. His running game is where he excels, if he chooses to use it.

But Macca was back to being hopeless against Souths. I am so sick of seing our players forced to catch balls above their heads, at their feet or be forced to adjust the speed of their run, simply to catch his shit passes. Macca does most things poorly but his service is what bugs me the most.

Goes both ways to though, is turpin looking so good cause most of our spine aren't?

How is paix getting on in ISC? Is he in the halves or hooker there?

How is paix getting on in ISC? Is he in the halves or hooker there?
Halfback. Off the bench in the last two matches. Scored two tries in his last game. Captained the QLD Under 20's last month.

Last edited:
I wouldn't keep Seggy tbh

Last edited:
Thing is, if handled well, he can earn the same money or more long term, without putting himself through it
It's time to let it go

It's not accurate, not funny, not original, not clever. In a La La land.

Active Now

• ivanhungryjak
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • sooticus
  • Cavalo
  • Shane Tronc
  • jd87
  • Brotherdu
  • Culhwch
  • Fitzy
  • Jazza
  • broncsgoat
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.