NEWS Boyd Urged to Consider Early Retirement

Maybe a tiny part. But I doubt his age would have been a factor if we had looked like winning anything for the past few years.

We had the second highest win rate in the last few years.

Could be true cause i read that Darius sold his current home and they are renovating another one. So he might not be retiring sigh...
Just give him the ultimatum. Retire now and we will give you a long term job in the club over the years to compensate. If he plays hard ball, put him in reserve grade all next year so he wont play in 2021 and dont give him a gig post career. He can run back to Bennett then.
Will mean we lose some $$ from the cap in 2020 but other teams have done it. and importantly use the 2021 funds to get Fifita and Staggs

I wonder if we could offload him subsidised whether it would free up enough cash to secure Fifita? Hard to think of another club that would take him. Not even Daddy wants him at Souths.

Last edited:
Could be true cause i read that Darius sold his current home and they are renovating another one. So he might not be retiring sigh...
Just give him the ultimatum. Retire now and we will give you a long term job in the club over the years to compensate. If he plays hard ball, put him in reserve grade all next year so he wont play in 2021 and dont give him a gig post career. He can run back to Bennett then.
Will mean we lose some $$ from the cap in 2020 but other teams have done it. and importantly use the 2021 funds to get Fifita and Staggs
That's what they do, they renovate properties. I'm sure that's what they plan on doing amongst other things when the boots are hung up.

That's what they do, they renovate properties. I'm sure that's what they plan on doing amongst other things when the boots are hung up.

Another 6-900k would help that venture a lot.

But just because he is playing badly that doesn't mean he isn't doing what he is contractually obliged to do. He is out of form and not the player he was, he isnt breaking his contract .
He's doing a rubbish job at it, and has been given enough chances. Same thing happens in the real world.

If he refuses to budge, then the club has to look hard a simply to determine if Boyd is apart of the best 17 they can put on the park. If not, put him into Q cup and deal with the pain and move on.

Why should Dariu$$$ care about form or playing well or not. He is protected isn't he? No KPI's in his contract, he just collects his dosh. It's really outrageous

I'm sure somewhere in the contract it says you have to give your best effort.

How awkward, he hasn’t told her yet.

Wouldn't be the first time he had kept something from her..

giphy.gif

If he refuses to budge, then the club has to look hard a simply to determine if Boyd is apart of the best 17 they can put on the park. If not, put him into Q cup and deal with the pain and move on.
It’s what should be happening anyway with a few players, just keep them for depth. Expensive depth but whatever for the betterment of the team.

He's doing a rubbish job at it, and has been given enough chances. Same thing happens in the real world.

Not sure what you are trying to get at really. Its not crime to put your family first, you pretty much acknowledged that, so now the stick you are trying to beat him with is the one about not fulfilling his contractual obligations. The recourse for the Broncos to deal with an underperforming employee is to drop him and maybe to tell him he wont be playing first grade. Thats about it really.

I can think of many things to have a pop at Darius about, this isnt one.
[automerge]1566975538[/automerge]
I'm sure somewhere in the contract it says you have to give your best effort.

I cant see that being in a contract because its too subjective. He could have targets he had to achieve, but they could only be individual targets and again, they could also be too subjective if the Broncos tried to cancel his contract because of it. I'd say he may have some kind of wording that he has to do his job to the best of his ability, but if his ability is low what can you do?
[automerge]1566975667[/automerge]
Disagree.

How can you definitively prove he isn't doing his best? Maybe the level he is performing at now is the best he can do? Its not like he can be compared to the Darius Boyd of 3 or 4 years agon because he isnt the same player.
[automerge]1566975784[/automerge]

This to me is the whole crux of the Boyd situation. Seibold thinks we have nobody better. We have a coach who could drop him if he felt the team would be a better team.

Last edited:
Not sure what you are trying to get at really. Its not crime to put your family first, you pretty much acknowledged that, so now the stick you are trying to beat him with is the one about not fulfilling his contractual obligations. The recourse for the Broncos to deal with an underperforming employee is to drop him and maybe to tell him he wont be playing first grade. Thats about it really.

I can think of many things to have a pop at Darius about, this isnt one.
[automerge]1566975538[/automerge]

I cant see that being in a contract because its too subjective. He could have targets he had to achieve, but they could only be individual targets and again, they could also be too subjective if the Broncos tried to cancel his contract because of it. I'd say he may have some kind of wording that he has to do his job to the best of his ability, but if his ability is low what can you do?
[automerge]1566975667[/automerge]

How can you definitively prove he isn't doing his best? Maybe the level he is performing at now is the best he can do? Its not like he can be compared to the Darius Boyd of 3 or 4 years agon because he isnt the same player.
Because waving your arms at the ref isn't doing your best, it's waving your arms at the ref. There are so many instances of him not putting his body on the line. A player doing their best would be putting his body on the line.

Active Now

• Xzei
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Brocko
  • Midean
  • ezpz
  • GCBRONCO
  • broncsgoat
  • Galah
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Wolfie
  • LittleDavey
  • Battler
  • Strop
  • Jazza
  • RodF
  • FACTHUNT
  • Big Del
  • theshed
  • ThomasovPreaf
  • BruiserMk1
... and 16 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.