NEWS # Bring Back Kevvy

His record isn’t great but he will man manage the **** out of these numpties and that’s what we need.

One other thing he needs to get someone who can coach a fucking defensive system I’m sick of this head in the sand defence bullshit.

If we're talking assistants I'd be wanting to have a chat with Neil Henry.

I'm not sure what he's up to these days, but he's always been a solid tactical coach in the NRL, with his man management letting him down.

I think a lot of credit is given to Hagan in regards to the qld origin team, but I'm pretty sure it was Henry who was the initial assistant to Mal when there were calls that Mal isn't even coaching them.

A Kevvie / Henry duo would be similar at the Broncos. Kevvie doing the Mal role of man management and building back the Broncos culture with the old boys. Henry doing the tactics... could also allow him to build up some credibility as a coach again.

I believe Henry built the cowboys up quite well before Green took it over... and he had the titans looking decent before Hayne came in and blew up the joint.

Henry is also experienced as a head coach in the NRL (someone for Kevvie to lean on whilst he learns his trade).

If they dont go with Henry, Hagan may be an option... I think he's overrated, but he was in the qld setup and seems settled as an assistant coach nowadays (pretty sure he's with Mal in the Australian setup). He's also well experienced as an NRL head coach and being former Newcastle coach with some success, the NSWRL will naturally back off on their crusade against us.

Last edited:
Obviously I can't confirm it personally, but locals down here have stated and continuously backed the fact that he has got a house down on the GC and the kids are at a local state school so would be weird to live in bris at the same time. Went as far as offering the address so I would assume they aren't lying.
Probably next to locky, he seems to to do the commute ok. Pretty sure Bellamy will end up on the goldy too.

Probably next to locky, he seems to to do the commute ok. Pretty sure Bellamy will end up on the goldy too.

Agreed, obviously because he's got a house down here doesn't mean he's a Titan's certainty at all, just more referencing for the current season and moment why would his family stay in Bris when they would have a fairly large commute to school. To make it more thread appropriate as I don't want to derail that, I agree with the common sentiment that Kevvie should be a solid pick with a strong support staff to fill gaps that it appears he has.

Agreed, obviously because he's got a house down here doesn't mean he's a Titan's certainty at all, just more referencing for the current season and moment why would his family stay in Bris when they would have a fairly large commute to school. To make it more thread appropriate as I don't want to derail that, I agree with the common sentiment that Kevvie should be a solid pick with a strong support staff to fill gaps that it appears he has.

There's already a thread for this chat.

There's been quite a few Bronco's over the years that lived on the Goldy. I've personally done the BNE-GC commute for 3 years and its not as bad as it sounds, just pray for no accidents though. It was actually faster to drive to my office in Ashmore than catch a bus from my house in Brisbane to the CBD.

Last edited:
If we're talking assistants I'd be wanting to have a chat with Neil Henry.

I'm not sure what he's up to these days, but he's always been a solid tactical coach in the NRL, with his man management letting him down.

I think a lot of credit is given to Hagan in regards to the qld origin team, but I'm pretty sure it was Henry who was the initial assistant to Mal when there were calls that Mal isn't even coaching them.

A Kevvie / Henry duo would be similar at the Broncos. Kevvie doing the Mal role of man management and building back the Broncos culture with the old boys. Henry doing the tactics... could also allow him to build up some credibility as a coach again.

I believe Henry built the cowboys up quite well before Green took it over... and he had the titans looking decent before Hayne came in and blew up the joint.

Henry is also experienced as a head coach in the NRL (someone for Kevvie to lean on whilst he learns his trade).

If they dont go with Henry, Hagan may be an option... I think he's overrated, but he was in the qld setup and seems settled as an assistant coach nowadays (pretty sure he's with Mal in the Australian setup). He's also well experienced as an NRL head coach and being former Newcastle coach with some success, the NSWRL will naturally back off on their crusade against us.
You're correct about Henry in the Queensland setup. He proceeded Hagan and he was absolutely the guy people were giving the credit for our early success to so they could deny it from Mal.

Yeah for sure and to be honest why wouldn't you want to live on the goldy , especially after being in Melbourne for the last decade.
Totally agree about Kevie, he just needs to get the right assistants around him.
We need to get our culture back and who better than a club legend.

I’ll be moving to the Gold Coast eventually too, great part of the world.

I like the idea of Henry as an assistant coach, really like it.

I’ll be moving to the Gold Coast eventually too, great part of the world.

I like the idea of Henry as an assistant coach, really like it.
Yeah, have already bought down there . The market is still crazy even with covid , not many bargains about.

Re the post a little earlier re Neil Henry, I am interested in your views about him as a coach? He would seem to be an ideal assistant coach for a rookie coach.

We need premiership bloodlines as the standard benchmark in the coaching ranks. Either won a NRL premiership as a player or won a NRL premiership as a coach.
Coach: Kevvie
Assistant Coach: Paul Green

As long as #sacksiebold is in there somewhere.

Siebold is to NRL coaches what Phantom Menace is to movie franchises. Hyped up, then nothing but dissapointing. Hard to rank which one is more dissapointing.

Last edited:
Yeah, have already bought down there . The market is still crazy even with covid , not many bargains about.
I bought off the plan on Kirra beach. Should be moving in second quarter next year. Wasn't a bargain but you never know with real estate.

As long as #sacksiebold is in there somewhere.

Siebold is to NRL coaches what Phantom Menace is to movie franchises. Hyped up, then nothing but dissapointing. Hard to rank which one is more dissapointing.

Phantom Menace had some good parts though.

He's more like JJ trilogy - all about the dollars baby.

Active Now

• Griffo
  • Astro
  • OnToSomething
  • Pablo
  • Allo
  • Xzei
  • Santa
  • BroncosAlways
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.