Brisbane Broncos 2017 Predictions

2ndPhase

2ndPhase

QCup Player
May 1, 2016
Does this thread exist yet? Feel free to delete this if it does.

I'm curious to know that if Hunt and Milf settle back into above average form next year. Do you think either will be selected in the origin 17? I'd assume they would have to replace Morgan if so.

And if so, is it worth the impact it will have on our spine during the origin period?

I get the feeling Hunt is going to kick on next year. You get the feeling he was frustrated all year with his form, and he'll be stealing himself for a make or break season. He'll know what's at stake I reckon.

I predict that somewhere along the line in 2017 at least one of our players will fall back into form, while another falls out of form. See it's not so hard.

I'm predicting a rebuilding year with the forwards. Our younger forwards got a taste this year and were promising but still lacked the experience. Probably will continue next year.

I predict that our young forwards will surprise a lot of us and the nrl n really step up Bennett gave them all a sniff now they will take it with both hands

I predict Arrow will play lock. Macca will play 80 minutes and when Arrow is off move to lock and Kodi to hooker.

Mitchell Dodds is and always was the key, Bennett knows this now. We got to the 2015 GF on the back of several unnoticed barnstorming perfomances of his thanks to his 1%ers and now he is back in the team we should get to the big dance again, this time winning it with Dodds taking out the CC.

Sorry after how far off most of our predictions were for this year I figured I can say something outlandish this year round and it doesn't really matter.

Mitchell Dodds is and always was the key, Bennett knows this now. We got to the 2015 GF on the back of several unnoticed barnstorming perfomances of his thanks to his 1%ers and now he is back in the team we should get to the big dance again, this time winning it with Dodds taking out the CC.

Sorry after how far off most of our predictions were for this year I figured I can say something outlandish this year round and it doesn't really matter.

Haha, I certainly wouldn't be against getting Dodds back if we fail to sign anyone else. It could happen. :p

Haha, I certainly wouldn't be against getting Dodds back if we fail to sign anyone else. It could happen. :p

No he is back. Apparently they said that at the awards night last night. I think there's a few posts about it in the awards night thread.

Why would they have waited for the awards night to say it.

I haven't seen anything on any of the NRL rumours or just general sites that usually post about player movements.

It must have been a quite talk between just Wayne and him.

But he only signed 1 year with them because he said in 2015 he wants to come back to the Broncos in 2017 of what I had just read on an article from back in 2015.

Why would they have waited for the awards night to say it.

I haven't seen anything on any of the NRL rumours or just general sites that usually post about player movements.

It must have been a quite talk between just Wayne and him.

Probably wasn't spoken about on those sites because 98% of the shit on them is completely fabricated and has zero substance.

And because no one outside of Broncos fans even know who he is.

Last edited:
I am looking forward to the 9s next year with all the backs we have signed gives us a chance to see what we got in the backs

Who is doing the 99%'ers?

Well at least our defence should be solid next year now that Gillmeister has been made Waynes right hand man.

For reals?

Yeah it's true.

Nocookies | The Australian

[FONT=&quot]The already strained relationship between Broncos coach Wayne Bennett and his former assistant Kevin Walters may well have suffered irreparable damage following revelations Bennett has reneged on another promise to bring Walters back to Red Hill, instead opting for defensive guru Trevor Gillmeister.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]One of three assistants Bennett infamously axed at the end of the 2005 season, Walters had studiously worked his way back up the NRL coaching ranks over the following 10 years through stints as a head coach in the QRL and English Super League before returning to Australia to take up an assistant role with Melbourne.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]After leaving the Storm in 2013, he returned to Bennett’s side at Newcastle before following him to the Broncos in 2015, where he shared the assistant coaching duties with Stephen Kearney.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]After Walters was chosen to replace Mal Meninga as Queensland State of Origin coach this year, he was advised to stand down from his position with Brisbane.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Bennett decided Walters could not juggle two roles in 2017.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]“I’d had the conversation with him that if he’d got the job that he wasn’t going to be the assistant coach for next year. I didn’t want him to jeopardise any part of that preparation but I would re-employ him the following year,” Bennett said last December.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]“I didn’t want him to get that job and have it mean so much to him and then he’s club coaching with us; he’d be distracted, there’s no doubt about that. It just goes with the job unfortunately and I didn't want him to be distracted at all.”[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]But that clearly won’t be an issue, with Broncos officials confirming that Bennett was looking at “a number of candidates” to replace the Warriors-bound Kearney, with Walters’s name not on the list. The latest blow comes just eight weeks after Bennett scrapped plans for Walters to return to Red Hill on a short-term deal as the Broncos’ 2016 campaign threatened to spiral into complete disaster.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Walters’s work with star halves Anthony Milford and Ben Hunt was seen by some as the missing ingredient and after a deal of public pressure Bennett approached Walters with the offer of a consultancy role as he desperately looked to address a mid-season slide which saw Brisbane drop from first to sixth between rounds 10 to 21.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]But back-to-back wins in rounds 22 and 23 saw Bennett pull the offer off the table — a decision that left Walters bewildered, a sentiment that will have been amplified by news of his latest snubbing by the coach under whom he played 292 first-grade games and won a staggering five NRL titles.[/FONT]

Last edited:
Yeah it's true.

Nocookies | The Australian

[FONT=&quot]The already strained relationship between Broncos coach Wayne Bennett and his former assistant Kevin Walters may well have suffered irreparable damage following revelations Bennett has reneged on another promise to bring Walters back to Red Hill, instead opting for defensive guru Trevor Gillmeister.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]One of three assistants Bennett infamously axed at the end of the 2005 season, Walters had studiously worked his way back up the NRL coaching ranks over the following 10 years through stints as a head coach in the QRL and English Super League before returning to Australia to take up an assistant role with Melbourne.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]After leaving the Storm in 2013, he returned to Bennett’s side at Newcastle before following him to the Broncos in 2015, where he shared the assistant coaching duties with Stephen Kearney.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]After Walters was chosen to replace Mal Meninga as Queensland State of Origin coach this year, he was advised to stand down from his position with Brisbane.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Bennett decided Walters could not juggle two roles in 2017.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]“I’d had the conversation with him that if he’d got the job that he wasn’t going to be the assistant coach for next year. I didn’t want him to jeopardise any part of that preparation but I would re-employ him the following year,” Bennett said last December.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]“I didn’t want him to get that job and have it mean so much to him and then he’s club coaching with us; he’d be distracted, there’s no doubt about that. It just goes with the job unfortunately and I didn't want him to be distracted at all.”[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]But that clearly won’t be an issue, with Broncos officials confirming that Bennett was looking at “a number of candidates” to replace the Warriors-bound Kearney, with Walters’s name not on the list. The latest blow comes just eight weeks after Bennett scrapped plans for Walters to return to Red Hill on a short-term deal as the Broncos’ 2016 campaign threatened to spiral into complete disaster.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Walters’s work with star halves Anthony Milford and Ben Hunt was seen by some as the missing ingredient and after a deal of public pressure Bennett approached Walters with the offer of a consultancy role as he desperately looked to address a mid-season slide which saw Brisbane drop from first to sixth between rounds 10 to 21.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]But back-to-back wins in rounds 22 and 23 saw Bennett pull the offer off the table — a decision that left Walters bewildered, a sentiment that will have been amplified by news of his latest snubbing by the coach under whom he played 292 first-grade games and won a staggering five NRL titles.[/FONT]

Media constructed feud between Kevvie and WB.... Love the idea of having the Axe on board

Unread

Active Now

• Hurrijo
  • davidp
  • Johnny92
  • Allo
  • Bish
  • broncotville
  • Skyblues87
  • Dony Eliakim
  • Santa
  • Alec
  • sooticus
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.