Brisbane Broncos 2024 Awards Night

It reminds me of that story about Ponisi, who scolded a storm player for not having his socks at the right height for a team photo.
Another symptom of the greater disease. Our current world's societal values and ideals on respect have become confused
and as a result
are diminishing.

It reminds me of that story about Ponisi, who scolded a storm player for not having his socks at the right height for a team photo.

Yeah some of the same people saying it’s ok want the Storm standards.

The famous Ponissi, Bellamy, Bunn Test- when they take you for coffee to see if you can play for the Storm they take you to a crowded public shop and they send you to buy the coffee to see if you say please and thank you to the staff.

Small things accumulate. I remember reading Ben Cousins was told at school he could wear white joggers to school while every other boy wore black leather shoes.

The famous Ponissi, Bellamy, Bunn Test- when they take you for coffee to see if you can play for the Storm they take you to a crowded public shop and they send you to buy the coffee to see if you say please and thank you to the staff.

Small things accumulate. I remember reading Ben Cousins was told at school he could wear white joggers to school while every other boy wore black leather shoes.
This is also where Cyril was great. He did not just scout players that were talented, but on their character, behaviour, family, values etc.

The simple fix in this particular situation would just be for the club to pay for them all to get matching fitted suits at the end of the season.

Put a cute personal touch by having their name, club debut date and player # embroidered on the inside.

I remember Rusty bought all the Rabbitohs players some designer suits and made them wear them all the time. Might have been under Madge now i think about it. Great idea

Some will think this is a nothing story, but for me, it is about respect, and standards. Knowing your part in a bigger story. Team first.

A corporate, black tie affair isn't the place for a man to show how fashion forward he is. I see this individualism on game day.

Would have been nice to have a group photo of the boys looking dapper rather than Zoolander.

Ezra turns up looking like he fought the tiger in the hangover, and lost. Mariner is dressed in off white linen for a black tie affair...Madge has his work cut out for him.

I can just imagine the boys checking their Instagram for likes while speeches and awards are being presented; just like they looked away when a team mate was being stood over, gang tackled into the stands, or hit high.

Standards. From top to bottom, all on the same page.

We need way more of that. DD and Madge + football boss, drag this club into the 2020's please.

I think standards is a big thing. We have let some players get away with some awful stuff because they are so called stars. I can guarantee you if the likes of Karapini, Madden, Hoeter, Paix or Hunt had done some of the things we have seen from our big name players they would have been out on their ears.

We have tolerated some of these blokes acting like spoiled brats for too long, even when Wayne was still here.

Some will think this is a nothing story, but for me, it is about respect, and standards. Knowing your part in a bigger story. Team first.

A corporate, black tie affair isn't the place for a man to show how fashion forward he is. I see this individualism on game day.

Would have been nice to have a group photo of the boys looking dapper rather than Zoolander.

Ezra turns up looking like he fought the tiger in the hangover, and lost. Mariner is dressed in off white linen for a black tie affair...Madge has his work cut out for him.

I can just imagine the boys checking their Instagram for likes while speeches and awards are being presented; just like they looked away when a team mate was being stood over, gang tackled into the stands, or hit high.
Yeah, I am going back and forth because I don’t want to start turning into an old man yelling at clouds.

I don’t care about the nail polish, or sunnies, or shirtless warm ups. Whatever makes you feel like you’ll perform your best, go for gold.

This was a formal occasion that should be approached as such. Imagine if Dave D rocked up with white linen pants and his sleeves cut off.

Which is kind of ironic at a night to celebrate individual success within a team.

The simple fix in this particular situation would just be for the club to pay for them all to get matching fitted suits at the end of the season.

Put a cute personal touch by having their name, club debut date and player # embroidered on the inside.

I remember Rusty bought all the Rabbitohs players some designer suits and made them wear them all the time. Might have been under Madge now i think about it. Great idea
But its all a fashion show now 😂

Active Now

• scobie
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.