Brisbane Broncos Auckland 9's Team?

• Thread starter BroncosFan_Corey
  • Start date
Re: Fittler to Roosters - Locky to Broncos? (Auckland Nines)

Probably not a bad idea if you compare it to the BBL for example. They've had Warnie, Gilly, McGrath, Haydos, Hoggy and now Hussey as retired players still giving it a go. I suppose you can get around match fitness in cricket with skill as opposed to both fitness AND speed in a 9's team. Locky would certainly still have some tricks up his sleeve though. Also the young guys who didn't get the chance to play with him would get a massive kick out of it and have a good experience heading into the season (just so long as they remember it's one-off)

Bring him back for the actual season.

Neither are registered football player. If either of them, or anyone else who has retired, plays in this comp, it's lost all meaning for me, and I won't watch or give a flying rats about it.

It should be current, decent players. Otherwise it's a waste of time, and nothing more than a risk to the players in my team.

Titans have an ex player too.

Locky would never do that... He would want to give the younger guys a go...

The NRL should probably introduce a novelty match to kick off the 9's tournament, perhaps QLD vs NSW, made up of ex players, just for entertainment purposes...

I wouldn't mind The King, Locky, Langer, Walters and the likes taking on Fittler, Johns, Daley and the numerous other legends of our game...

Bring him back for the actual season.

Perhaps the appeal of it is nice, but I rather prefer Lockyer retiring at the right time and being remember as such, not repeat mistakes past players who did later regret, winning a vital finals game with a field goal is a happy memory to go out with combined with all his achievements, not playing sub par football and knowing it was a mistake to come back, that would be tragic.

Last edited:
Neither are registered football player. If either of them, or anyone else who has retired, plays in this comp, it's lost all meaning for me, and I won't watch or give a flying rats about it.

It should be current, decent players. Otherwise it's a waste of time, and nothing more than a risk to the players in my team.

Meh, it's an exhibition tournament for mine, albeit one with a big prize pool. I'd probably draw the line at bringing in ring-ins from other codes though.

Langer should make a comback for the Auckland Nine, just to upstage the Fittler comeback.

Fittler will be a huge flop for the Roosturds......and the lingering laughter about his performance in the years to come will stain his career with embarrassment.

Bwhahahahaha !!!

I don't really care who plays in the tournament. This looks like barely a step up from the NRL All Stars match. Having past legends would probably make it more interesting.

The Fittler 'comeback' is just a stunt by channel 9.

Let's see, he will be wired for sound & will no doubt be wearing a new device that channel 9 will be trialling during the NRL season.

My guess is, it will be headwear cam.

How ridiculous does that bald super league ref look with that headgear on haha

The Fittler 'comeback' is just a stunt by channel 9.

Let's see, he will be wired for sound & will no doubt be wearing a new device that channel 9 will be trialling during the NRL season.

I thought I read somewhere that the 9's will only be shown on Foxtel ....could be wrong.

Hope ASADAs there and tests him:laugh:

I can see it now. Fittler will be running around the field with all mic(ed) up and providing on field "expert" commentary. Hope he gets absolutely smashed! I've now got a reaso to watch games that don't involve the Broncos.

Active Now

• Justwin
  • Broncorob
  • winslow_wong
  • Sproj
  • broncsgoat
  • Rah88
  • Mister Wright
  • the_next
  • broncos4life
  • Xzei
  • Broncosgirl
  • Allo
  • Bucking Beads
  • Morkel
  • Jazza
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Fatboy
  • Santa
  • Fitzy
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.