Brisbane Broncos Auckland 9's Team?

• Thread starter BroncosFan_Corey
  • Start date
Backs: ~ B.Barba J.Hoffman J.Reed J.Kahu
Half: ~ B.Hunt
Forwards: ~ A.Glenn M.Gillett A.McCullough J.McGuire

I don't think we'll want to burn out any of our senior players in the Auckland 9's (Thaiday, Hannant, Parker)

That pack gives us some nice versatility whilst giving us plenty of speed / skill.

with prize money of $A 2.25 Million, i expect most teams to take it very seriously and send their best

Auckland Nines

Jordan Kahu was being run down by front rowers towards the back end of the season.

I don't see him being of any use in the backline of a 9's competition.

It was one instance and if that criteria was applied to every back in the competition a host of players would be disqualified.

Which isn't to say JK should be an automatic inclusion, I'm just against that moment being held against him for the rest of his career.

Hopefully with a full pre-season with Corvo does the world of good for Kahu, I'm sure he was faster than he was last season pre-knee reconstructions, just need to get him back to that.

I'm just glad we're not in the same pool as the Warriors.

1. Locke
2. Vatuvei
3. Hurrell
4. Fisiiahi
5. Tomkins
6. Johnson
7. Henry
8. Mateo
9. Bukuya

Imagine going up against that line-up, in Auckland.

Jordan Kahu was being run down by front rowers towards the back end of the season.

I don't see him being of any use in the backline of a 9's competition.
Corey Oates ran away from Uate while carrying the ball. I don't think Newcastle should use Akuila, as he will obviously be useless in 9's...

Watch this video for a concept of the nine's...

That dude runs the 100m in under 10s from all reports. You just give him the ball and he runs around everyone.

Speed is key.

B. Barba
M. Barba / Drew / Copley
Hoffman
Vidot

Hunt

McGuire
Oates
Glenn
Stagg / Lowrie (someone with a big motor)

Last edited by a moderator:
I think each club has to include 1 of their top 5 players in the 9s team. Not sure who our top 5 paid are.

Could be a good platform for Yow yeh.

Hopefully we only risk one of our top player.

Fittler to Roosters - Locky to Broncos? (Auckland Nines)

Welp, I guess the question has to be asked now.

Locky has kept himself fairly fit since his retirement. He could easily slip back into the squad for the Nines if he wanted to. This might be the perfect opportunity to have him lead some of our younger guys around the park, namely Strasser. Obviously, his influence would be brief, but some form of mentoring is better than none. It would make for a great morale kickstarter going into the regular season for our younger guys to play with one of their heroes as well.

And, of course, it would be awesome to see the legend go around one more time.

Re: Fittler to Roosters - Locky to Broncos? (Auckland Nines)

I would be very disappointed if he joined the Fittler circus

I like the idea.. but nah.. I think it'll be a good bit of experience for Hunt and Kahu, no point wasting valuable learning experiences on someone who is out of the game..

Would be cool to see but.

I doubt Lockyer will but I reckon it'd be fun and it'd definitely make me more interested to watch the tournament.

Having Locky in camp would be invaluable experience.

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • ell.d33
  • mrslong
  • MrRobot
  • Bucking Beads
  • Lostboy
  • Midean
  • Big Del
  • Brotherdu
  • Tim K
  • Galah
  • Jedhead
  • Brocko
  • Hurrijo
  • KateBroncos1812
  • phoenix
  • Footy Fanatic
  • azza.79
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.