Brisbane Broncos close to settling their 2017 roster

Lmao, I always thought he looked a little bit too jacked

r1705_403_3030_2223_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

12 months backdated... 3 weeks out.
My bad. Had me in stitches reading this.

To the Fans,
As I'm sure you are all aware I have returned a positive drug test for an anabolic steroid. That's right fellow Novacastrians, I've been juicing harder than Golden Circle.
I know, many of you must be thinking I would be the last person in the league to be on the gear. How could I be, you may ask yourself: I haven't exhibited any extraordinary physical prowess. Well imagine how abysmal I would have been if I WASN'T juicing.
I have been our best player for years now. I carried us through the dark days of Bennett and his demented little protégé, Darius Boyd. I thought I would also have to carry us through Nathan Brown's limp wristed hold over the club.
What else could I do to shoulder this burden? The weight of the world was on my shoulders, how else could I carry the load without steroids?
Joey Johns has been the first to express his disappointment in me. He always told me, it's not a crime unless you get caught. As usual, the great man was right.
The bookies already had the Knights as favourites to take out the wooden spoon. With me out of action I fear we may not even be eligible for a disposable plastic spoon.
I am truly sorry. I wish I never got caught.
Love,
Jarrod.

Saw a video of Daniel Merrett helping out with catching and kicking. Interested to see how these areas go this season

Broncs don't seem so close to finalising their roster all of a sudden...

Every season as previously mentioned, a team removes themselves from contention in the preseason through a culmination of stupidity, bad news and idiocy...is that us this season?

The warning signs are there...

Glass Half Empty Chicken Little Guy says...
- With Roberts gone, Benji has to play in the centres. The last time he played there, Corey Oates wasn't even 10 years old, how are the Broncos expected to be potent in the backs with this has-been?

- When was the last time a team won after their star playmaker walked out on his team to chase the money? Without Hunt, Brisbane would have been an utter laughing stock and it remains to be seen how Milford will play without somebody taking care of all the hard-work.

- Marshmellow pack and signing that basket case Korbin Sims isn't going to change anything. Like his brothers, goes missing when the going gets tough and is always good for a pot-plant penalty. Brisbane finally got rid of that error and penalty magnet, only to sign somebody who was even worse. GG Drongos.

- Half their roster is off contract. Surely they won't be as committed as a team when they've got their families to think about? At least two of them will leave the Titanic (probs the Kiwis to join SK at the Warriors) and the Broncos will continue to buy bargain basement dwellers like single digit Mead, Marshall, Moga, Moocher Pangai, Basket Case Sims and some guy called Dodds.

- Still too many Griffin lapdogs. The Broncos need to purge themselves and trim the fat, ya dig?

That's enough for now, I'll need to sniff more petrol to get into the right mind-set. Sadly, I can see one of these things being true.

Yeah I'm worried. The team has a lot of Star power still but seriously, losing Roberts and Hunt should not be underestimated. Reed is also a loss that will be felt in my opinion, despite how he went towards the end.

We have missed out on Inglis, Napa and James. When was the last time the Broncos under Bennett couldn't get at least one player they really wanted?

But the really big one for me, Gagai. Bennett wasn't the coach who punted him, in fact he turned him into an origin player. Let's not forget he was given permission to leave and chose to stay...at the worst club in the league...with little hope for the next two-three seasons...instead of coming to the Broncos.

Roberts will probably go down as one of our worst ever signings as well on top of recent flops Kennedy and Barba (not attributable to Bennett though). Hmm...alarm bells.

We have missed out on Inglis, Napa and James. When was the last time the Broncos under Bennett couldn't get at least one player they really wanted?

But the really big one for me, Gagai. Bennett wasn't the coach who punted him, in fact he turned him into an origin player. Let's not forget he was given permission to leave and chose to stay...at the worst club in the league...with little hope for the next two-three seasons...instead of coming to the Broncos.

There is this misconception that Broncos got whoever they wanted the last time Bennett was coach but that wasn't the case. It's not much different today really. Broncos still missed out on players they wanted back then. One of those is the QLD and Australia captain.

As for Gagai, he is a very loyal guy. He stayed with the Knights because he felt like he owed them for saving his NRL career.

All will be well.

Yeah I'm worried. The team has a lot of Star power still but seriously, losing Roberts and Hunt should not be underestimated. Reed is also a loss that will be felt in my opinion, despite how he went towards the end.

Roberts will probably go down as one of our worst ever signings as well on top of recent flops Kennedy and Barba (not attributable to Bennett though). Hmm...alarm bells.

Sounds like dark days ahead.

Jebus

Active Now

• bert_lifts
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Stix
  • Painin the Haas
  • Fitzy
  • Foordy
  • Hurrijo
  • mitch222
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • bb_gun
  • broncs30
  • achievedrap
  • Lozza
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.