NEWS Brisbane Broncos could lose David Fifita to mega deal

There is literally nothing in that article that hasn't been reported months ago.

we knew that with our pack our offer to him would be limited, but still good money.

we knew that at least one Sydney club would be tabling a million dollar offer for him.

what this article doesn't mention (because it would hurt their sensationalism) is that we would likely have Boyd and Macca off our books in 2021 (when Fifita is off contract) and maybe even Bird, who has an option for 2021, but a good season next year could see some decent offers for him to return south.

If we lose Fifi because of Boyds and Macca's contract......

Unless another club offers him stupid money, I really don’t see how we loose him. We are set to loose at least Boyd for 2021 there’s $450-750 saved, Macca being a professional will more than likely sign for another club saving another $250-450. Between the two that’s $700 at minimum, Salary cap increase etc

I feel like Bennett will be rubbing his hands together at all this. Probably even told Boyd to stand his ground and enjoy his football while he can

I feel like Bennett will be rubbing his hands together at all this. Probably even told Boyd to stand his ground and enjoy his football while he can
If they medically retire Sam B, the Rabbits will throw Redfern at him. That being the case I would feel sick in the guts but wouldn’t blame the kid for looking after himself.

I live in parra and will set it aflame if they sign him.
Can you burn it down now? Just to be sure. No one wants to sign with a club that burnt down.
[automerge]1571698238[/automerge]
Memba when we was all like this over TPJ?
I think that was f or about a week or two. I still think TPJ has a lot of potential and can be a top tier lock/second rower, but theres no doubt that Haas and Fifita can be the best in their position. Haas arguably already is, and if he can increase his number of offloads, there will be no doubt that he is.

Last edited:
Fifita just named junior roos captain. That helps his price tag even more... Brodie Croft vice captain.

The resigning of ofa on 500k per year really seems like a silly signing now. I know you need all sorts of players in a team (i.e. game breakers, hard-workers etc.) But i think we could have signed someone who offers similar for less and give us some wiggle room for upgrades to players like fifita.

A lot of conjecture over nothing. He won't be going anywhere especially at his tender age. As far as money goes, 700k or a million sounds the same when you come from absolutely nothing. He could go to a better organization with capable coaching and better skilled teammates where he could be the final puzzle in a premiership but I don't think that is his motivation atm.

The challenge will be keeping him in the sport when he is a 25 yo superstar and a bit more mature and worldly. He would have discovered that there are far better options out there rather than little old RL. But we'll worry about that if and when the situation occurs.

I do know one thing, we haven't seen even a fraction of his capabilities and if he remains mainly injury free, he will be a big name wherever his pro sport journey takes him.

The resigning of ofa on 500k per year really seems like a silly signing now. I know you need all sorts of players in a team (i.e. game breakers, hard-workers etc.) But i think we could have signed someone who offers similar for less and give us some wiggle room for upgrades to players like fifita.
I'd argue Offa is none of the sort of player we need. Isn't particularly hard working, gets quite lazy in defence, and offers very little in attack. Definitely a stupid signing. I've never rated him. Average at best, should never be on more than $300k. Think of it this way, Offa on $500k is more than Alex Glenn has ever earnt... I know who i'd rather...

Fifita just named junior roos captain. That helps his price tag even more... Brodie Croft vice captain.
The Broncos were facing a hefty fight to keep him given their tight salary cap, things so restricted they have been unable to further their interest in out-of-favour Melbourne halfback Brodie Croft.
Bit concerned about Croft. Hope it still happens.

Last edited:

Active Now

• Xzei
  • Lurker
  • Mustafur
  • FACTHUNT
  • GCBRONCO
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.