Brisbane Broncos Draw 2021

What happened to doing the draw on a rolling basis where you'd play every team a fixed amount of times over the course of 4 years or something? Were they doing that at one stage or am I imagining things?

you're clearly imagining that ... the NRL don't have anyone working for them with that much competence

Tough draw - let’s be honest. Likely to be another rough season.

Not going to lie coming up against you twice in the first 8 rounds is about the best the Titans could hope for. Should* take at least a bit of time for Kev to work any magic. Would be easier than late season anyway.
Can only hope your new lock squad takes a while to gel.

If common sense prevailed and seeing that we cant play each other twice then the following year the top 8 should play each other twice, the bottom 8 would play each other twice and then bottom eight plays the top eight once.

You would probably have a much greater chance of mixing up the ladder and most likely more competitive games each weekend throughout the year.
I emailed exactly this to the nrl a couple years ago.
They said they couldn't do it because the bottom eight teams will feel inferior and they also have to take into account rivalries

I emailed exactly this to the nrl a couple years ago.
They said they couldn't do it because the bottom eight teams will feel inferior and they also have to take into account rivalries
In other words it more financially viable for them to manufacture a suitable drawn (suitable to the broadcaster) than fairness.

If my understanding is correct the AFL give their last placed team first player picks to help them off the floor for the new season. Clearly our mob is setting things up for the second Brisbane team.

Wasn't it announced at some point, somewhere that the NRL works on a tiered system when doing the draw from the previous year? A second year of constant Broncos floggings in prime time is not going to end well for the NRL.

There is clearly an agenda in place, we've seen that at the judiciary and we see it in the draw and match scheduling. The NRL are happy to sacrifice everything the Broncos have built to prop up the rest of the comp.

Last edited:
There is clearly an agenda in place, we've seen that at the judiciary and we see it in the draw and match scheduling. The NRL are happy to sacrifice everything the Broncos have built to prop up the rest of the comp.

To be fair is seemingly doing a good enough job on its own with bringing about their own downfall as well.

6 Thursday games.
8 Friday games.
7 Saturday games.
3 Sunday games.

All 3 Sunday games at home. It's been a long time since we've had 3

14 Thu/Fri prime time slots is a worry. Coming off a wooden spoon year, I'd have wanted the lads to be working their asses off sloughing it out in 2pm/3pm Sat games.
Maybe it's just me but I think a few of them get carried away with how good they look on the big screen, instead of actually playing well and giving a toss about winning or competing for that matter.

Last edited:
To be fair is seemingly doing a good enough job on its own with bringing about their own downfall as well.
Very true.............................and the NRL should be concerned. A struggling Brisbane Broncos is not good for the NRL. I think they are under the illusion that they can just add another Brisbane team to fill the gap and it will be instantly successful and a money spinner.

14 Thu/Fri prime time slots is a worry. Coming off a wooden spoon year, I'd have wanted the lads to be working their asses off sloughing it out in 2pm/3pm Sat games.
Maybe it's just me but I think a few of them get carried away with how good they look on the big screen, instead of actually playing well and giving a toss about winning or competing for that matter.
Also Thursday/Friday night games gives them the weekend to do as they please and be Kings of Brisbane every Saturday at the Valley. Take that off them and show them they’re not shit until they earn it

I think it's a positive..makes the boys want it more, they are going to be written off and they might just shock us all

Active Now

• Skathen
  • Johnny92
  • Astro
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Aldo
  • Battler
  • NSW stables
  • Broncosgirl
  • Lozza
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.